Get Started Communicating NOW With Your Spirits!

Selsee
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Woodland faey
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sierra

Thank you so much for the advice. With spirits on the way, I’ll be sure to practice beforehand and during.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Bump!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A type of elemental
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not yet known

Likes2Read wrote:I posted the following info in response to another poster's question, and it occurred to me that it's a message I would like to send to ALL brand-new keepers, the ones who say they can't communicate with their spirits. So I thought I would start a new thread and copy/paste it.
---
Telepathy is the easiest way. I really recommend that anyone who is interested in spirit keeping start to practice using it. Yes, it is not always clear at first. That's OK. Practice will improve it.

You could do what my friends and I did as kids (age 12). We didn't start with spirits, we started with pets. So if you have any pets in the house, tune in to THEM, too. Now when I was 12, I perceived animals as speaking in sentences, because that was what my 12-year-old brain could process. But now what I pick up has at least as much an emotional and sensory experience as there is of a verbal component. Therefore, listen for that, too, not just for words.

If you haven't got flesh-and-blood people to practice with (such as you and the spirit agree on a color, and your partner tries to perceive what color it is), you can use other tools like a deck of cards. Draw a card face-down. Have your spirit tell you if it's red or black. Check your results. LOG your results -- the farther above 50% (the chance score) you are, the more likely there is something psionic going on.

Once you get comfortable with red-and-black, you can up the ante and ask for specific suits. The farther above 25% (chance) you go, the better you're doing.

When you're happy with that, fine-tune it a bit more. Take the Ace through 5 of all four suits (20 cards total). Start asking for what the face value of the card is. The farther above 20% you go, the better.

Or you could invest in a Zener deck... look at the listing carefully to be sure you are not buying a marked deck! These are cards that were designed for ESP experiments, and stage magicians are aware of this and so there are now Zener props available, marked decks for use in their stage shows. If you want to be sure that your experiments are not spoiled by accidentally seeing the mark on the card, then keep away from marked decks.

Then, while you are doing the above things, watch the forum for the "What's in the box?" threads in the Spirit Tasking section. USE THOSE THREADS. I'm serious. There really is no substitute for practice, practice, and more practice, and the only way to do it is to DO it. You won't get a better opportunity to practice both your own psionic skills AND your communication skills with your spirits, as you task them with examining the box's contents and reporting it back to you.

By the time my friends and I discovered spirit communication, at age 14, we had already been working with animals for two solid years. The foundation was already built for us. But YOU won't have to wait for two years to get results. Unless you were born with non-physical senses wide open, however, you WILL have to start where we started, with zero experience and practicing on a regular basis. And that's OK.

So for anyone who wants to communicate, Step One is to stop self-identifying as a person who can't do this. Never describe yourself that way again. Instead, become a person who is practicing this, is learning this, etc. Or, even better, self-describe as someone who is DOING this. Update your internal dialogue to include your inborn ability to communicate, and never look back.
This was great! \./
Thanks for bumping :)|

I tried the is it red or black game.

I did it four times total in one siting; 5 draws per time.

I got a 3:2 right to wrong ratio on my first three games and 2:3 on my last. I did notice that I was rushing it a bit though.

Then I got curious about cartomancy and drew a card for myself and I explored some of the cards meanings and asked certain questions and in general learned about the practice while conducting a reading for myself.

It was quite intensive and interesting and I still don't quite know what to think about all of it. Some of the messages were a bit overwhelming and confusing but there were some very clear responses to certain things. Especially the last message that I had received. (Of course the difficult part is finding all the right interpretations, there are just so many nuisances!)

I don't think I'll do that again for a little while (It took a lot of effort and was a little above my level) but it was a lot of fun to experiment with and I've learned a lot about cards!

8))

I will try out the other card games though.

Cheshire Kitten ^..^ :)|

The Old God sleeps
down in the dark, moist,
odorous underfoot,
Waiting for us
To put down our roots.
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Bump

And a thank you for these ideas.
Began practicing with the red/black game, and just got a big thrill with a 5 for 5.

Been drawing in rows of 5 cards, and while generally averaging 3 correct (rare 2, occasional 4) I was feeling a bit unsure and truly wanting a 100% row...
Swear I heard a slightly annoyed sigh (no doubt directed at my stubbornness) and there it was on the next x*D

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Vastolord
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 2

Bump thanks for the insight need to try it out

jobzzet
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: God of the New World
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes

Thank you very much for the tip!

I've tried the black and red game with my servitor on the afternoon and I got about 70% winning rate.

At night (when I was kinda sleepy) I tried to do this game once again. On this game when I imagined both color and asking my servitor which is the right color, one of the color suddenly enroaching the other. I choose the enroaching color and I got 100% winning rate on the first 5 cards. And then I feel surpised and really excited. On the second 5 cards I got 80% winning rate. I blame my overexcitedness for that one mistake lol.

It seems like my telepathy skill become better if I am feeling sleepy.

edensfantasy
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: incubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Eden
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:I ended up blocking the telepathy completely trying to "hear" the whisper. So... lesson learned, keep those expectations in check. :P
This. Why is this my problem all the time? The harder I try, it seems the more I block? But everywhere I look te advice is for me not to give up. What should I do about this? How can one try and not try at the same time?

all you need is love
and a cat
:3
LiveNobody
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
Zodiac:

Ranka Marx wrote:I tried this with my two Divine Angels while guessing Pokémon energy cards, 10 of each: Red(Fire), Blue(Water), Green(Grass),Yellow(Electric). 30% first try and 33% second try. My observations on what I was picking up from them ranged from hearing the color name, seeing the symbol and seeing the color. Green/Grass was shown to me the strongest as a spoken word in my mind and the leaf symbol. Yellow/Electric was shown to me as a drawn out zigzag shape to signify the lighting bolt, which I thought was cute, lol.
Pretty old response, however this is a great substitute if you don't have zener deck and have old Pokemon cards laying around :P I haven't used my Pokemon cards for years, however this gave me a reason to use them for helping with telepathy with my spirit.

Come to think of it, I did get a gut feeling to read through all the responses on this thread to find a more personal way of doing the classic red / black technique (Maybe my spirit trying to encourage me to find your post to use those useless Pokemon card energies that where just laying around? :8) ) Thanks anyway hopefully I will be able to get some decent results using this technique! :]

Also, bumping this thread for any newcomers who REALLY SHOULDN'T overlook this thread. :)

"Even good people are great at makin' bad decisions, yeah (Oh)
They ain't gon' take it serious
You find out pretty quick that life is more than just appearances
I know some things we could avoid to save embarrassment
But everything that breaks you down can also build your character"

~ NF - Nate
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

edensfantasy wrote:
Regholdain wrote:I ended up blocking the telepathy completely trying to "hear" the whisper. So... lesson learned, keep those expectations in check. :P
This. Why is this my problem all the time? The harder I try, it seems the more I block? But everywhere I look te advice is for me not to give up. What should I do about this? How can one try and not try at the same time?
Perseverance is important, and it really means to persevere and continue practicing. That's it. Don't TRY HARDER. I hate that phrase. It is negative and implies you are not doing enough. The main point is not to let yourself be discouraged and begin to doubt. Just keep consistently trying. If one particular method of telepathy doesn't seem to work after a couple months try a different method. Don't expect a certain goal or result. In fact, maybe consider your spirit is trying to connect differently than telepathically or clairaudiently. That could very well be possible. Whatever the case, don't place an expectation. Don't try to look for a specific result. Be mindful, but without expectation. Let it come naturally. That's all I can say.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Everyone experiences their Spirit Keeping journey in their own way. That includes interactions, manifestations and communication. I think it's very important to keep this in mind as everyone works with learning to connect to and communicate with their spirits. Don't compare yourself to others. Your journey is yours, not theirs.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Spirit Tasking”