What characteristics do you find in djinn that aren't present in other "humanoid" spirits?

Cruxable
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male

Pretty much what the title says: What are some of the most recognizable traits that you find among djinn that aren't really present or pronounced in other types of "humanoid" spirits such as ubis? You know, something like behavioral, personality traits, powers, etc? What are these traits that make you go like, "oh, yeah, that's definitely a djinn." Thanks.

<<Removed by Moderator>>

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Since behavior and personality traits are individualistic and can be different from individual to individual, no matter the race, the only thing you can go by would be powers. And that would be wish granting. And other beings can grant wishes too.

Other than that you could try to curse or praise Allah, depending on if it's a believer or non-believer djinn, their reaction would differ. But so would any being that follows the Islam belief and you would risk to piss them off, of course.

You could really only distinguish them by their energy unless you ask for help from a higher power and said higher power tells you the truth.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Cruxable
new here
new here

Aprophis wrote:Since behavior and personality traits are individualistic and can be different from individual to individual, no matter the race, the only thing you can go by would be powers. And that would be wish granting. And other beings can grant wishes too.

Other than that you could try to curse or praise Allah, depending on if it's a believer or non-believer djinn, their reaction would differ. But so would any being that follows the Islam belief and you would risk to piss them off, of course.

You could really only distinguish them by their energy unless you ask for help from a higher power and said higher power tells you the truth.
What is it about their energy that would lead you to the conclusion that it's a different species entirely, rather than simply a different individual? Can you be a little more precise/descriptive when it comes to the energy?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Maybe you would enjoy trying the Mantras for Spirits to get a feel for the different energy. See https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ht=mantras

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Cruxable wrote:What is it about their energy that would lead you to the conclusion that it's a different species entirely, rather than simply a different individual? Can you be a little more precise/descriptive when it comes to the energy?
I cannot add a huge substantive answer to your question, but I did want to point out that this may be something that every individual senses differently as they practice discernment and may be difficult to convey in a language context. Energies might be interpreted by varying means - what color that comes to your mind when engaging them, what imagery, what sensations you feel in your body, what temperature changes you might feel near you - and that's not an exhaustive list.

What I'm trying to say is that what works for some to discern races of spirit (or entity) may not work for you, and in fact you may have a completely different individual experience.

Let's take as an example my Forest Imp companion. When I really feel his energy the first thing I feel is an exhilaration of freedom - running through the forest, leaping from tree to tree - but then I also feel the colors he likes - green and yellow primarily. These feelings combine to tell me this is my Forest Imp and I am very comfortable and giddy when he's around now. But when I first felt his energy it was only darkness and eeriness (unintentionally), so at first I was quite alarmed.

Discernment takes personal practice and sometimes the only way to know for certain is to consult someone else who has more experience and can confirm your intuitive impressions.

You could also try a more experimental approach. Summon a djinn using a method that you know will always attract a djinn (shield and protect so that this is the highest probable result) and then compare that spirit's energy with the energy of the spirit that you are trying to discern. Some portals or invocations can also simply connect you with a race's energy signature, which could also help you in learning discernment. Lewk's reference to the Spirit Mantras is a good example of this.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Cruxable
new here
new here

Regholdain wrote:
Cruxable wrote:What is it about their energy that would lead you to the conclusion that it's a different species entirely, rather than simply a different individual? Can you be a little more precise/descriptive when it comes to the energy?
I cannot add a huge substantive answer to your question, but I did want to point out that this may be something that every individual senses differently as they practice discernment and may be difficult to convey in a language context. Energies might be interpreted by varying means - what color that comes to your mind when engaging them, what imagery, what sensations you feel in your body, what temperature changes you might feel near you - and that's not an exhaustive list.

What I'm trying to say is that what works for some to discern races of spirit (or entity) may not work for you, and in fact you may have a completely different individual experience.

Let's take as an example my Forest Imp companion. When I really feel his energy the first thing I feel is an exhilaration of freedom - running through the forest, leaping from tree to tree - but then I also feel the colors he likes - green and yellow primarily. These feelings combine to tell me this is my Forest Imp and I am very comfortable and giddy when he's around now. But when I first felt his energy it was only darkness and eeriness (unintentionally), so at first I was quite alarmed.

Discernment takes personal practice and sometimes the only way to know for certain is to consult someone else who has more experience and can confirm your intuitive impressions.

You could also try a more experimental approach. Summon a djinn using a method that you know will always attract a djinn (shield and protect so that this is the highest probable result) and then compare that spirit's energy with the energy of the spirit that you are trying to discern. Some portals or invocations can also simply connect you with a race's energy signature, which could also help you in learning discernment. Lewk's reference to the Spirit Mantras is a good example of this.
The concern I have is how can one be certain that it's an entire species entirely? Yes, energetic patterns do matter. Yes, associations matter. But the way I see it, it's a lot about individuality. Let me take your Forest Imp example: Suppose I interacted with a spirit that made me feel those things, I would say, yes those things that this spirit makes me feel. This is him/her. However, based on this, I would be hesitant to say "Ok this is a totally different race from that other spirit that made me feel more depressed, dark, gloomy, and also has the color black associated with him/her."

You see what I mean? Based on energy, it seems to me that it's a lot about discerning an individual from another, rather than a species from another. I thought about this quite a bit, so it occurred to me that the only way I'd be able to discern different species is the same way I'd do with animals. Different behavioral patterns, different abilities, different stage of consciousness, cognitive capacity, feed habits if any, etc.

But then I wondered, maybe I'm thinking about this wrong, maybe I'm not at that level yet to be able to differentiate "the genetic make up," for the lack of better term. Hence why I made the thread to ask people how do they differentiate a species from another.

Oh, and thanks for the link, Lewk.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I think your thoughts make sense, really.

The only thing I can add is that it's entirely possible there's a more subtle energy signature connected to the actual species. I'm probably not sensitive enough to work with or explain that though. I imagine it's like feeling out the core of their nature rather than individual characteristics.

It'd be interesting to see other comments from more experienced spirit keepers or conjurers.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Cruxable
new here
new here

Regholdain wrote:It'd be interesting to see other comments from more experienced spirit keepers or conjurers.
Same. And to piggyback on this, one would have to say how are they certain that they're tapping into the core of the species - that this is something universal for 1 group and not for some other group, and why.

When I look at the ancient accounts of spirits and various other beings who are classified in different categories, I notice that it is done in the same manner we classify animals. Different appearances, different origins (how they're born), places of residence, different behaviors (in some cases moral compasses too), different diet if they feed, mortality/immortality, powers, intelligence, level of consciousness (childish vs more enlightened), etc are the traits by which the ancients seemed to have used to classify them. But, one can argue that this also doesn't necessarily suggest different species, just like we have humans of different backgrounds, abilities, levels of intelligence, maturity, powers, etc...

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Cruxable wrote: What is it about their energy that would lead you to the conclusion that it's a different species entirely, rather than simply a different individual? Can you be a little more precise/descriptive when it comes to the energy?
A good question, a djinn feels like a djinn and a succubus like a succubus.
Even if I tell you that a djinn to me feels like blue, cool, metallic tasting fire and a succubus like a red, magnetic, warm energy, that won't help you a bit since the feeling of energy is a really subjective thing, that doesn't necessarily be the same for different people.

My question is, why would you need to know? Do you want to be a conjurer? Do you not trust your own keep? Do you think you have an unbound that tries tricking you?

The 'easiest' way to get a feel for that is you make a protective circle around you, you banish the crap out of that space until nothing else is left but your own energy.
Then you invite your djinn in there and only your djinn. Invoke them, evoke them, whatever.
Then you make sure it's your djinn, just to be safe.
Then do the same for your succubus. And then you see what feels like what and where the differences are.
Then rinse and repeat with other succubi and djinn until you can make out a pattern that isn't based on individual differences.
And then you realize how much work it actually is to be a conjurer let alone becoming one to begin with and then you understand what it is you're paying for.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Cruxable
new here
new here

Aprophis wrote:
Cruxable wrote: What is it about their energy that would lead you to the conclusion that it's a different species entirely, rather than simply a different individual? Can you be a little more precise/descriptive when it comes to the energy?
A good question, a djinn feels like a djinn and a succubus like a succubus.
Even if I tell you that a djinn to me feels like blue, cool, metallic tasting fire and a succubus like a red, magnetic, warm energy, that won't help you a bit since the feeling of energy is a really subjective thing, that doesn't necessarily be the same for different people.

My question is, why would you need to know? Do you want to be a conjurer? Do you not trust your own keep? Do you think you have an unbound that tries tricking you?

The 'easiest' way to get a feel for that is you make a protective circle around you, you banish the crap out of that space until nothing else is left but your own energy.
Then you invite your djinn in there and only your djinn. Invoke them, evoke them, whatever.
Then you make sure it's your djinn, just to be safe.
Then do the same for your succubus. And then you see what feels like what and where the differences are.
Then rinse and repeat with other succubi and djinn until you can make out a pattern that isn't based on individual differences.
And then you realize how much work it actually is to be a conjurer let alone becoming one to begin with and then you understand what it is you're paying for.
None of the things you listed are the reason why I asked but ok.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”