new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune

Would one simply have to think and converse with one’s spirits in their own mind, talking like any other conversation, or is some sort of focus, ritual, or meditation required before hand?

Kitsune f. -K
Copper dragon f. -S
Wood Elf f. - V
Faery of light f. -T
Werewolf f. -V
Deerfolk f. -D
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

That may depend on your ability and preference.
I prefer in a focus-kind of state so that it's easier to distinguish the talk and to manage the time.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Elric Adelmann wrote:Would one simply have to think and converse with one’s spirits in their own mind, talking like any other conversation

Basically, yes. You can also speak out loud.
Elric Adelmann wrote:or is some sort of focus, ritual, or meditation required before hand?
Focus is needed because you need to try and hear every word as clearly as possible. To me sometimes its like trying to hear someone speaking very softly in a noisy supermarket... You can use meditation to achieve focus. Rituals and spells are not necessary, although they can help. I've seen spells here and elsewhere with the purpose to improve telepathic skills. But they're just extra support and constant practice is still needed to master telepathy.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

In terms of spirit communication, I find that the following tips from the extremely experienced spirit keepers that own this forum and the CH shop is very useful guidance. I can't usefully add to this. (Unless you want to discuss scientific theory about what telepathy is but I would only be speculating.)

See

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en

"You can start by just having a conversation with the spirit through telepathy. Let the spirit know you are welcoming them to come through to you in whatever method they deem fit and concentrate on the center of your forehead as you do this to help open your third eye channel and make a stronger connection.

Repeat this method of meditation at least 5-15 minutes a day for the first 30 days. The time of day isn't important, whatever time best fits into your schedule because you will need complete quiet."

and

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... nners.html

"---How do I communicate with my spirit?

There are many ways to communicate with your spirit companion and throughout your journey as a Spirit Keeper you will find these methods will develop. These are the general methods of spirit communication.

Telepathy: This is the most common form of communication. This means you talk and communicate with your spirit companion through thought. You can send thoughts to each other. In the beginning you may think it's hard to distinguish your own thoughts from spirit communication but you will find that spirit messages are usually random, pop into your head without provocation, and carry a conversational tone rather than being part of your thought process."

It's also recommended to keep notes as these may reveal a pattern to how each spirit communicates.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

sorry about the formatting codes...the edit button isn't showing for me for this post...

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lilithssophia
new here
new here
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: She is unknown
If I could be anything, I would be...: The shadow race
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Yaldaboath
Zodiac:

Elric Adelmann wrote:Would one simply have to think and converse with one’s spirits in their own mind, talking like any other conversation, or is some sort of focus, ritual, or meditation required before hand?
One cannot simply think it...surpasses thought process of a human nature...so star seeds persay...reptilians...which there are several kinds...then. Ill just keep it at that my mind tends to go from one deep topic onto the next one

0x.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I find "focus" to be a strong word. I found early on that if I focused too hard I would actually block the communication. I would recommend a meditation that focuses on awakening your third eye (simply focusing on the image of a bright light in your forehead where your third eye would be is enough to help begin activating it) and then furthering that by thinking about the things that make your spirit familiar to you - all the things about their race and their individual information the conjurer might have related or that you know. Then talk to them, in your mind, or out loud. The real practice comes in hearing their response and not your own mind's attempt to respond.

I actually have lots of telepathic conversation without using any focus or meditation, but to be honest this may have been a dormant ability for me when I started keeping spirits, so it may be more natural ability than practice for me.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

Have you looked through the forums or used the search function? There are many threads about telepathy and the mechanics thereof. Below is one of the more recent discussions on telepathy you may find interesting.

topic76989.html

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Return to “Spirit Keeping”