You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Melinda
Zodiac:

What Does CH mean when they say bound to spirit ?

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I have 10+ spirits and 6+ spells bound to my spirit and I don't feel any different. When I want to bond with any of them I just say their name.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Midnightlexy87 wrote:I'm hoping I'm not wrongly resurrecting an older post but this has been a curiosity of mine since I've slipped down the amazingly lovely rabbit hole of spirit keeping and learning all about it.

I understand the concept of a spirit bound to a vessel. How does it work with spirit? In terms of, lets say you have 10 spirits and all are bound to your spirit. How do you spend 1-on-1 bonding time with each and all that Jazz? Would them being there affect your spellwork if it's not something they are in tune with (I know they probably won't interrupt but would it make things a little harder?) etc etc?

Considering I was planning on wearing my first RA most of the time anyway (according to the conjurer, he was already there and waiting rather impatiently when she sat down to do the conjuring ritual for my RA LOL), I find this aspect of binding quite interesting.
I would expect bonding with the spirits works exactly the same whether the binding is to your spirit or to a vessel. The binding is mainly a communication channel, so I find it amusing to think that all the spirits are "living in a body part". I doubt this is completely accurate.

I also would not think a spirit binding would have any affect on spellwork, with the exception that you could ask some for assistance if they are capable (to provide energy, empower, or support the working in some way). To be on the safe side you could make a House Rule that they cannot interrupt or disrupt your spellwork.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Midnightlexy87
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

So essentially if I wanted to spend 1-on-1 time with any of the spirits that are bound to me and not a vessel, I could just call their name and maybe ask the others for alone time type idea? Like having housemates :p)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

The standard advice people here seem to give is to ask the conjurer how they do it. Even more importantly, the usual advice is also that choosing the right conjurer is about the most important thing we will do as spirit keepers, so it should be done after very careful consideration.

I have read posts in this forum saying there have apparently been bad experiences from bindings to spirit etc by sellers who did not do things properly. This is why it is recommended that to only get bound to spirit from a conjurer whose ability, experience and ethics we really know we can trust. That sounds sensible to me.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Raavak
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 12
Zodiac:

You don't need a vessel to meditate or do bonding time. Using a vessel, holding it, etc may help you focus your mind and intent though. If bound to spirit you don't have that option. Though, if you can sense the spirit in a certain part of the body, you could focus on that.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Midnightlexy87 wrote:I'm hoping I'm not wrongly resurrecting an older post but this has been a curiosity of mine since I've slipped down the amazingly lovely rabbit hole of spirit keeping and learning all about it.

I understand the concept of a spirit bound to a vessel. How does it work with spirit? In terms of, lets say you have 10 spirits and all are bound to your spirit. How do you spend 1-on-1 bonding time with each and all that Jazz? Would them being there affect your spellwork if it's not something they are in tune with (I know they probably won't interrupt but would it make things a little harder?) etc etc?

Considering I was planning on wearing my first RA most of the time anyway (according to the conjurer, he was already there and waiting rather impatiently when she sat down to do the conjuring ritual for my RA LOL), I find this aspect of binding quite interesting.
I have MANY of my companions bound to my spirit and as a practicing Witch of 20+ years I have never known any if them to interfere with my spellwork, even though I often work with darker Magicks and several of my companions are WA (or vice versa when I work with very WA Magicks). I don't really think that's anything to worry about as any companions bound by a reputable conjuerer won't interfere with your free will in any way, including whatever type of spell you cast.

As for spending one on one time with someone just call their name and ask the rest of your companions for some privacy. Just because they're bound to your spirit doesn't mean they're always around anyway, they can and do still come and go as they please lol.

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
AVampireQueen
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine vamp
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Shekinah

I have all my companions and spells bound to my spirit and had multiple spirits bound at the same time and it took a few days to acclimate at first because of the surge of energy but that could just be because I'm sensitive to energy. But my experience has been pretty strong, as soon as my spirits are bound I get a feeling of warmth or happy feeling and usually have a vision of them dropping in to say hello.
When I want to bond, I simply call their name and ask them to join me and I say their code word and I feel their energy and i feel movement on my body from time to time. I did experience some exhaustion at first but nothing a charging box or hanging out in the sun/moon can't fix. I've had experiences with my spirit family shortly after receiving each one except for my servitor but, I think I need to work on astral connection.
The point is, it depends on your preference. I chose to bind to spirit bc I would probably lose vessels.

Erotica connoisseur, history and paranormal enthusiast, maker of handcrafted jewelry & soaps. My family is a delightful mix of sensual, wise and protective spirits and entities.
"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” - Aristotle
Deep down we are all spirits <3

Return to “Spirit Keeping”