Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Concuan
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hecacia
Zodiac:

Alright, so I've been going out of body for a few years regularly now, I can do this weird form of travel where I took at a point I want to go to, and "step" into that location. I can run faster and climb up walls like a spider, my problem however, is that I have issues flying.

I will go to jump and I get a spike of fear and it kills any momentum, and even makes my jumps smaller! I try to fly every time I get out of body and it just doesn't work. The few times I end up flying due to pure accident (like over reaching on a jump) I get that stomache lurching feeling and start panicking. I KNOW it's not going to hurt me, but the panic is still there! It's funny, I can stare down (in lucid dreams) werewolves, dragons, decrepit horrors, but put me in the air in a completely safe happy zone and I become a coward!
Last night I even called my spirit to help me during my panic and got a laugh (you're afraid of this? Of all the things....)I know I don't have to fly, but I'd like to.

Can any of you offer advice on how to train myself to not have a mild heart attack from flying, I feel it is hampering my experiences out of body and in lucid dreams VERY heavily.

Eternally learning occultist of all paths (left focused currently) I am not an expert, take EVERYTHING I say with a grain of salt.
Practicing Tarot reader
Horrible rune reader (dont judge Im learning!)
skeptic of my own pendulum "reader"
Barely starting to see auras.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

One view...

It sounds like either a personal mental block or that you're travelling subtly differently from what I think of as being astral travel.

Looking at it from my angle, when you're in what I think of as the astral, things happen quite quickly as you think them, so I'm thinking it should be pretty easy for you to fly. You just imagine it clearly. In fact it can be a problem to quiet or control the mind so as to stop it creating or doing things instantaneously - you need to be in a stable frame of mind.

I wonder if you are travelling in more of a lucid dream or mental journeying way and that you use effort, will or intent, rather than just being there? Or that you think of it as an ability or skill that has to be acquired (whereas it is probably not - you just imagine it and practice). From what little I know (I always say I am not an expert or teacher on astral travel) there's no reason why a person can't hop, jump, levitate, fly, or instantaneously translocate :} from one place in the astral to another.

But what's the difference really whether you jump or fly anyway? It's just another form of movement from one place to another, travelling through all the points inbetween.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

(No idea why that icon popped up mid sentence.)

find it again.
Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A type of elemental
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not yet known

Awe that doesn't sound like fun but I think, as with most things, spiritual or otherwise, you're not going to get over your fear until you've experienced it enough times to realize you're fine. I wonder if there's a place you could travel to practice flying. Like maybe you'd feel safer over a body of water or something like that. At least to ease your mind about it while you get used to the new sensations.

You could always push yourself on it starting from a small vantage point and work your way up. Either way, I don't much care for heights either so I totally understand where you're coming from...

Cheshire Kitten ^..^ :)|

The Old God sleeps
down in the dark, moist,
odorous underfoot,
Waiting for us
To put down our roots.
Apollopnir
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Yes, lewk, I do have very much direct intent of whats going on in relation to myself in the astral (things happen crazy fast at times however) the thing is, I can interact just fine for the most part, wandering through streets, talking, interacting...just when I'm exploring I find it super hard to take off. Like I'm being pulled down by gravity haha.

I entirely agree with you, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to do it! I can teleport to a spot by stepping into it, im just a heights coward and guess my mind during it is like "oh you think you're gonna fly, lemme just put a stop to that right now!"

It probably is a mental block for sure, guess the only way around it is like whimsy says, gotta babystep that fear outta me. Or just ask my spirit to repeatedly throw me off a cliff till I stop being scared of heights haha (oh yes, I will definitely ask her to do this).

Thanks for the advice guys!

Eternally learning occultist of all paths (left focused currently) I am not an expert, take EVERYTHING I say with a grain of salt.
Practicing Tarot reader
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Apollopnir wrote:[...]I can teleport to a spot by stepping into it, im just a heights coward and guess my mind during it is like "oh you think you're gonna fly, lemme just put a stop to that right now!"

It probably is a mental block for sure, guess the only way around it is like whimsy says, gotta babystep that fear outta me. Or just ask my spirit to repeatedly throw me off a cliff till I stop being scared of heights haha (oh yes, I will definitely ask her to do this)

Thanks for explaining.

This thought might help...

[For those who are not Flat Earthers...] We are all poised 4,000 miles above the centre of the Earth, or 8,000 miles above the opposite end of the Earth. If you do grounding techniques, like sending a cord to the centre of the Earth, or oriental martial arts grounding methods, like feeling your place in the gravitational field and locating where it ends in the planet's centre...if you do anything like that you might realise that all of us humans are suspended in space in between outer space and the planet's centre, thousands of miles below.

You can get used to being safely high above all of that.

The concept of being on solid ground is just a mental construct or illusion. And that's before you get to realising how many billions of light years' distance there is below our feet, above us , to the left and right of us, in front of and behind us, between us and the detectable ends of the Universe we're in.

find it again.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

I was just listening to a podcast that discussed out-of-body travel at length. There’s a reading list associated with the episode, as well.

They talked about Robert Monroe. His was the first story of astral projection I read about, a whole bunch of years ago. He wrote books explaining his techniques.

Check this out:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/08/ ... u-podcast/

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Oh, and do you have any flying spirits or servitors who’d be willing to carry you through the air, to get you acclimated to the idea?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Apollopnir
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Oh, and do you have any flying spirits or servitors who’d be willing to carry you through the air, to get you acclimated to the idea?
I have an Ubi. While I have no doubt she could fly, I think her idea of breaking my fear is to drop me from heights until I stop being scared, which I guess I'd be okay with if I had to lol.
My best friend of 20 years has a red dragon though, that came in so heavily when he received it that we both felt him immediately. Perhaps I could ask my friend if his dragon would be willing to assist me? Thanks as well, I enjoy robert monroes material, I'll check it out.

And lewk, I will try that tomorrow actually, thanks for the tip. I really hate being terrified of heights. I feel like im missing out on the most fun form of travel! :(

Practicing Tarot reader
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

If your spirits aren’t on board with the idea, Eclipse Metaphysical has some servitors with “astral mount” capabilities. That might be a potential solution.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”