Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Monique

Hello everyone,
I’m a complete newbie to spirit keeping and really like to stumbled upon CH.
I bought my very first spirit, bound to my spirit, a red dragon. Order was completed this week and since then I couldn’t sleep with the lamp on now even if I’m extremely tired and sleepy already. I have to cover my eyes with my arms just to sleep which is a bit impossible to do as I have a baby.
Is this normal? I’m very sleepy for the past 2 days already due to lack of sleep. Also when I wake up just to drink, I find it hard to go back to sleep.

I can’t feel my dragon though. :(

laptop123
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 7
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nympho
My magical/paranormal name...: Shovel Face :p

Well I will just point out that a human is supposed to sleep in the dark. There are many studies on this. You must not sleep with lights on, period!

Darkness is essential to sleep. The absence of light sends a critical signal to the body that it is time to rest. ... Melatonin, a hormone produced in the brain's pineal glad, is often known as the "sleep hormone" ...

Behija
new here
new here

I’m actually afraid to not have light when my husband isn’t here. Can’t sleep alone (though my baby is with me) in the dark.

She let me sleep yesterday. I just asked her to please let me sleep and voila, I did it. But i still can’t feel her or talk to her. :(

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
I would suggest to try and relax, try to sleep adequately. When you are in right frame of mind, you can begin to concentrate on your bonding and see where it leads.

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

Maybe she wants you to not be afraid anymore, she wants you to lose that fear that make you dependent on lights to sleep. Just my thoughts.

Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Behija wrote:I’m actually afraid to not have light when my husband isn’t here. Can’t sleep alone (though my baby is with me) in the dark.
Did you ever consider talking to a professional about that? Just curious. ;)

:@
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Behija wrote:I’m actually afraid to not have light when my husband isn’t here. Can’t sleep alone (though my baby is with me) in the dark.
I used to be afraid of the dark ever since some paranormal experiences I had as a kid. I mostly pushed these experiences aside as I became older, believing they were just my imagination. Turns out they were definitely an entity trying to get my attention for all of those years. I've now discovered that entity knew me from previous lives and didn't realize he was scaring me. He and I are friends again and he volunteered for a binding so now he's part of my entity family. And you know what? The dark doesn't trouble me anymore. At all. Ever.

What's my point? There's a reason you are afraid of the dark. Explore that. Find out what it is. Work with it and resolve it. Do not push the fear aside and just accept it for what it is. Find out the why, work with it, and then grow and evolve. If that means seeking a therapist to talk it out, try that.

Generally, though, having a spirit companion should not EXASERBATE this phobia. If anything, the spirit will help you work through it.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Behija
new here
new here

Hello everyone, the night I posted this, i asked her to please let me sleep. The following night, i asked her and my 2 others (I call them girls actually though after that I call each of their names) to let me sleep. I didn’t know I had to meditate to talk to them/bond with them.

I am sleeping normal now until last night which I will create a new thread for it as it’s no longer about Red.

Story regarding my sleeping problem:
Anyway, I started sleeping with a light (bedside lighting or the like) due to “sleep paralysis” as they called from our previous apartment. It was like few times a month if not every week. The house itself is haunted though. My husband works at night so I can only sleep with lights out during the day (we have blackout curtains so almost no light too). When me and my baby’s sleep routine is during the daytime, I just turn on the bedside lamp when it’s gonna be dark already.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”