Empanadas and Spiritual Surprises

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!

Re: Empanadas and Spiritual Surprises

Postby Catgirl2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:24 pm

That is one thing I like about cooking, trying to make something new & seeing how it turns out as well! I just recently tried to make lo mein & I went with a recipe I saw online, although it didn't tase anything like I thought it would on the bright side I was able to modify the ingredients with wha my personal tastes were, adding in what I thought would be suitable & taking out what I didn't like!
2H-I do admit my spirits see something in us that make them want to be with us, considering one of my companion spirits has been with me the longest I learned to trust his opinion & judgement on something as well, he never steered me in the wrong direction!

8*8 Catgirl2 :3

2Heinrich
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 118
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich

Postby 2Heinrich » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:54 pm

I think that just as any teacher, spirits want to see that we wish to learn new things. So long as we are willing to listen and trust their knowledge they will be there for us too.

In the end they teach us so much more than just lessons.

Food can be an interesting thing to play. Although I gave up on it because things no longer taste as I remember. They don't taste bad but sometimes I'm feeling a little nostalgic and I would go about getting something to it, which apparently is a very taurean thing to do and when I pay for it and it doesn't taste as I expected it makes me feel worse.

Which is a good reminder not to eat from my memory but to live from the present.

Yesterday I had an interesting experience with that. I felt that time itself was wrong. I had experienced so many distractions during a single day and things didn't add up.

I was able to almost finish my tasks at the office down to a normal point in which it didn't look suspicious as if I hadn't been doing anything for he whole day.

I had to go deliver my son's mother part of his school uniform that he had left at my house during the weekend and it took me 30 minutes to get there but when I got there I didn't feel like I had done the same effort I normally do just walking there from my office because everything felt smoothly transitioning into the next step of the way.

I then got into the bus to go home as I didn't want to walk anymore and because I wanted to read the details on my new companions and when I got back to the main street where my office building is I felt like I could walk my way home but I didn't want to get caught in the rain and mysteriously the bus took a detour because of a major car crash at the bus route so the bus that I was taking that had to take me downtown it went on a different route that crossed the route of the next bus that I needed to take home.

I got down midway and just as I got to the other bus stop the new bus came in and turned at the corner. Such synchronicity!

I did a small welcoming ritual for my spirits and I got into meditation with them for 2 hours next. When I got up again I felt restored and I ended up going to bed until 3am this morning.

I had the craziest dreams ever. I was at another dimension and I saw people there who communed with spirits and they were more openly discussing it than how we do here.

I saw baby eastern dragons, faeries, ice beings, water beings, and also some darker beings going about daily life with their keepers and I even got to work with some of them.

I was doing magic to show them how everything was real and could be demonstrated and when I felt that I was about to snap out of it, I could drift back into it somehow.

And I noticed that all this time I thought I had been working with empathy and I wasn't. Hearing what people was thinking at the bus ride, getting all of their emotions when they want to get something done, and during healing sessions when I would discuss with patients their treatment they would be able to take me back through the exact moment in which their discomfort began.

Even during my reiki initiation I was discussing with my teacher how healing felt like going back to the point of damage and preventing it from happening by dealing with the situation using all the information that we had brought back from the future. Like closing loops and meeting dead ends.

I know this may sound like a little bit crazy but what if time could be felt and experienced in a different way? After all it's relative right? What if we could be getting into all of this amazing spirit companionship interactions because of that?

Spirit lessons could be just that... relocating energy so that things can continue to manifest.

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!

Postby Catgirl2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:39 pm

I personally think when spirits come into our lives there is usually a good reason, as well as a need too, it can be from anywhere to give us knowledge or to remind us of what we do know & go with out instincts! Past lives also I noticed play a part of it too! I am amazed right now too because I have had this cold for three weeks now & one of my spirits is reminding me to take care of myself & rest up because I need it!

Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A type of elemental
My magical/paranormal name...: Not yet known

Postby Whimsy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:57 am

I learned a lot about how to cook over the past few years. Previous to that, the closest I'd come to cooking was making sandwiches. I'd eat a lot of processed foods. Microwavable stuff and easy prepared snacks. Also, I'd go out to eat a lot as well. I loved going anywhere new or different. Or if one of the places were advertising something new I'd try it.

I started learning how to cook because there were a lot of things that I wanted to try. Like Asparagus! I remember someone telling me asparagus made your pee smell funny and I'd wondered about it. What does asparagus taste like anyway? And so, eventually with that in mind, I bought it one day. (I baked it with olive oil, pepper and shredded cheese.)

A lot of the things that I've learned how to cook happened this way. Also, watching food travel youtube channels and other things like that helped me learn some techniques and gain inspiration.

I understood watching them that food wasn't just something that you slapped together. That there was a science behind it and how you prepare it will affect it's flavor.

It was fascinating because it was complex and that meant that I could have fun with it.

And of course the best part of it being that you get to eat it!

I'd say preparing food is a casual hobby of mine and as of right now, it's a part of my job. I made that dessert again for the third time just today for the gluten free students. This time, I'd accidentally added lemon extract instead of vanilla to the batter and so we made a raspberry compote for the drizzle instead of using caramel. (I love the flexibility of it!)

I'm happy with my job so far. I was so uncertain about it. I questioned myself and my abilities. I worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up and that I'd disappoint them. But I excel! And I think it's because the people that I work with are so awesome!

I don't feel stressed or pressured in anyway and since they're happy with me, it's easier to communicate with them.

Even the sorority girls are starting to take notice and talk about me. They say that I am engaging with them. They'll bring their dishes back to me and I'll say things like "Oh, you can just set it right there", or I'll just take it from them directly or if they're apologetic I'd reassure them that everything is a-okay! and I think it makes them feel comfortable.

2heinrich, I understand being nostalgic about food...When I was a kid, I used to crave these pork chops that my neighbors would make. I was sad because I only got to eat them like once or twice and I was extremely jealous of them.

After that, I just wanted to find or make porkchops that tastes just as good as theirs did. I have not achieved that.

Cheshire Kitten ^..^ :)|

2Heinrich
active contributor
active contributor

Postby 2Heinrich » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:24 am

Are you still having that cold Catgirl?! :O

Have you been able to get some decent rest at least?

I hate it when colds stay for that long and you're not sick but you still feel crappy. So I wish you feel better soon!

I won't lie to you Whimsy. People in my family they don't like to cook. Only my uncles do but my grandmother, aunt and mother they don't. And when they do it doesn't even taste that great either so I actually hated home cooking until I got to high school.

If I could skip as many meals as possible that would be fine with me because I didn't like the way that food tasted at home. Probably because of the environment. The thing is that by the time I got to high school I started going to visit my friends and I noticed how their moms could cook so much better than mine.

Then I would start going to the priests and friars to visit them, their libraries and such and they would give me coffee and sometimes even full meals and well... that's a whole other level of cooking.

The most successful spiritual retreats have always been at the places where nuns would cook and I tell you that if you cry yourself dry for three hours during a lecture and then they give you a full meal you'll think it's glorious.

Then when I got my own family I would do the house chores most of the time, including the cooking so I started to like it back then but when we separated I just didn't enjoy it any more.

So whenever I pick something that I like and try to make it for myself or get it again and it doesn't taste like I remembered it feels as if a part of my soul ached and withered away.

Curious enough... today I bought all kinds of food, things I normally would buy and none of it tasted like it should. I felt as if I were eating them for the first time!

I couldn't stop sweating today and I felt that I was about to just melt and turn into a puddle at the floor at the office and it made no sense to me. All I could think was that every time I tried to put some effort into doing something I would start sweating of feeling nervous and it only made it worse.

I just can't shake the whole phrase stuck in my head. Time flows like water. And then I got this really cool chronokinesis spell and I think it's the coolest thing ever!

It's like I pushed the help button for real life and everything I see has a small description on how it works like in the point and click video games.

Same with my new companions. They feel o close at hand that I wonder if it's the difference in the binding or if it's me getting the hang of how this works.

So I don't know... I think engaging people is nice. It pays off. People feel like they can approach you and ask you questions or tell you things.

Small talk can lead to a nice environment, specially at work and if you feel good where you're working you'll like to go there and do what you need to do.

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor

Postby Catgirl2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:45 pm

The cold still seems to linger some, mostly the slight cough & the feeling of being tired, but so far I am trying to make sure I get enough rest so I don't over sleep & feel more tired! Good thing I have bringing some herbal tea with me to work so when I need it I have it!
Now about the cooking, I noticed I have been getting a lot of ideas on seasoning food, Asparagus is one food I have ben trying to determine the best way to cook then what to season it with!

2Heinrich
active contributor
active contributor

Postby 2Heinrich » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Well... They say the coughing can last up to a month even after you've removed the rest of the symptoms so the idea of keeping some tea with you is great.

Most working places don't mind if you keep a cup of coffee, tea or some water with you at your work station so hopefully that's the case for you as well.

I don't like Asparagus that much to be honest but you can have it grilled since anything grilled tastes fine. Or with cheese. Any type of cheese works, your favorite one will do. Some ground black pepper and you're ready to go! Mushroom sauce can be great too and you can add a little bit of your own touch with any other seasonings you may want to add.

Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Whimsy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Catgirl2, I've noticed that you catch colds often! That really sucks..Man I hate colds! Mostly because I hate it when you're trying to sleep and then you can't breath through your nose. Then if you breathe through your mouth too often, your throat will dry out.

You probably already do this but just in case honey added to your tea can relieve symptoms. Apparently eating garlic can help too. People who eat a lot of garlic tend to have less colds. And garlic is delicious with so many things and the smell..aaamazing. You could also put some peppermint oil into hot water and let the steam do it's magic.

My mother didn't cook very well either. We cooked to eat only and I'd eat a lot of snacks. My mom was a single mother living on minimum wage and my dad's just completely messed up. I think he had bipolar disorder and then he started doing coke apparently and that's when he went crazy.

He'd stopped that drug a long time ago but the damage was set. He wouldn't even drink the same soda as me one day because he said I'd try to mind control him. Then he told me this strange story about how his boss would rub herself all over the employees food in order to control them. (I really hope that was all in his head *like a paranoia thing* and that his boss wasn't contaminating their food...)

I was facinated by his beliefs on things but during that time when I was getting to know him (I might've been around 11-13 at the time) I brought up some serious stuff with him and it scared him away. I hadn't seen or heard from him since.

It took me a long time to open up and be socially engaging with people. I'm really good at it sometimes but other times I revert back to freaking out and I feel like a fool.

I suppose you could say I'm introverted but that's not quite accurate. I do enjoy people and their company, I just have a hard time interacting sometimes. And other times they're just too much.

Luckily since I've been working on it, I've managed to let loose a little and not shut everyone out. Also I've learned to recognize their own sufferings and so it's easier to work with them.

In my new job what makes it so easy is that it feels natural. I don't feel resistant toward them and I actually like the 2 people that I work with. They're team players and we're all happy in that kitchen together.

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor

Postby Catgirl2 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:34 am

I usually use pepper or garlic when seasoning, or Mrs. Dash, that way when in doubt you can't go wrong with it! But yes, lately I have been getting colds more frequently than usual, but it seems like this year more people I know are getting sick so I am stuck on getting it longer & more frequent than usual! WOW Whimsy, I know what you mean, I had a friend that's bi polar & she used cocaine constantly, she would go off her meds as quick as she could get her illegal drug of choice, yet she always got the prescription that the doctors prescribed, yet she still preferred her cocaine, listening to her conspiracy theories used to make me really nervous, one time she was at my apartment & we were watching a movie, she heard some beeping so I told her she may have heard my one neighbors computer because she worked from home, my friend had suddenly claimed that my apartment may be bugged & I wouldn't know it, I had told her it was not bugged & if it was I would eventually find out about it, she ended up leaving shortly after she made that comment, so you got that one right, the paranoia seems to go hand in hand with bi polar disorder, it's scary because if it goes untreated it can be dangerous!

Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Whimsy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:52 pm

I had a friend who was bipolar and she lit her own bed on fire..

Unfortunately her mother couldn't handle her tempers and so she had moved away to live with her dad.

What makes bipolar so difficult is the intensity and the fluctuation of moods. It's harder to control yourself when you're undergoing such intense responses to things.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”