new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus

I read earlier today that really powerful spirits, like god level spirits, can be in multiple places at once, with some analogy to a multi-faceted jewel splitting light in all different directions, but what about just a humble little succubus or other spirit we might work with?

I ask because I sent my ubi off to Ash's playground, as I've decided to call it, as discussed in this thread:
topic50291.html

I told her to hang around there for about an hour, get to know everyone, maybe learn something, and we'll meet up afterwards. I was thinking this would give me time to get home from work and settled in. Shortly after I got inside, I felt her give me what I interpret to be a hug about 25 minutes before the hour was up. I asked, "I thought you were supposed to be at Ash's playground thing, what are you doing here?" To which she replied, "oh, I can be in two places at once." Can they really do that, or was she just playing hookie? ^./ The hug was nice, though, so I can't complain too much. uwu

It's something I had kind of been wondering, anyway, since she's been working with Lilith at the Treasure Tavern on a binding, and I wasn't sure how that was supposed to work if we both wanted to interact with her at the same time.

RyanJZ
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don’t know yet

If you read through that thread, there’s questions and answers about how long spirits will be gone, or when they’ll come back from that “playground.” But the short story is that spirits do not have physical bodies, therefore they experience time differently from us. Think of space and time being the same thing in physics. It has something to do with that

feistydelight
new here
new here

Yeah, I saw the theory about 4th dimensional or higher beings having a different experience of time. Mathematically, they should be able to move to any point in time and space, if it is true. It starts to get complicated, though, with the whole changing the past problem, unless every visit branches off into a separate timeline in the infinite multiverse...

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 298
Spelled Number: 202
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

To me it makes sense that a God type being - which I think of as a grand, sentient energy field, in one respect - can manifest an aspect of itself to more than one being in more than one location, apparently at the same time.

That may not be exactly the same as Omnipresence but I guess an omnipresent being is half way to being able to do that already.

But with our bound spirits, I think also perhaps they can be somewhere that we are not but still be bridged to us and/or linked to us and able to see us or communicate with us via that link. (To me this feels subtly different to when they seem to be with us where we physically are.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
feistydelight
new here
new here

Yeah, some type of telepathic link was another thought I considered. I don't feel her in a physical touching sense, at least not yet. What I call her "hug" is kind of a loving warm feeling in my chest, which could possibly be transmitted telepathically.

Another idea I like to consider is the idea that all of these beings could be some kind of collective subconscious construction that we are tapping into. The more people who believe in and ascribe attributes to any given deity, race, species, or entity, the more they actually "exist" in the collective subconscious and the more they are capable of influencing this world in the ways they might be expected to. Belief manifests an existence in the perception of one's reality.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”