Dream I had last night...

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Had an interesting dream and experience last night I would like to share. Unfortunately a lot of the details are "fuzzy" (I awoke from it in the middle of the night, then went back to sleep like a fool) but I'll share what I remember. If you're interested in the "experience" and not my vague recollection of key events, skip to the last part.

I was staying with someone (adult female) in what appeared to be an older-style hotel. Think earlyish 1900s based on the decor. There for a Halloween event, only a few recollections stand out vividly in my mind - any interpretations are quite welcome.

An antique grandfather clock I found myself mesmerized by.
While waiting for an elevator, it came to a stop on my floor with only the top half showing. I had to roll myself in.
Upon reaching the ground floor, I had a man accost me for my custom - not for its design but for its quality (seemed I was on the "poorer" end of the spectrum here) as he was wearing something identical. The women on his arm let out a classic "from money" laugh you'd expect from the mob gangster time. When I retorted with "he's only projecting his insecurities onto me" she quickly went silent.
After returning to my floor and meeting with the earlier mentioned lady I was staying with, I found myself amazed by how people in all the rooms were distracted by TVs in their room. Situated in beautifully designed cabinets with a plethora of amazing objects in the lower parts, they all seemed content to only stare at the top half where the tv was situated. (My own interpretation of this is spirit yelling at me for not spending enough time with...well, my spirits).
As we proceeded to the elevator to head downstairs, I accidentally hit someone's doorbell rather then the elevator call button. This seemed to scare my companion.

Now for the conclusion and most interesting part. We had returned to our room and the mood had taken on a macabre feeling. She began telling me how a man had gone around inside the hotel that night and shot multiple people. In a somber tone she explained how they just went from one person to another...
"Pop....pop...."

I awoke at this point, rapidly coming fully awake. "Dam" I thought to myself, "sounds like she was cut off mid-sent..."
"POP" echoed loudly and clearly in my head, shattering my own train of thought as the same voice I'd just heard in my dream vibrated in my head with the force behind it.
What sounded like a fly insect took off from my body (perhaps disturbed from its slumber as I awoke...perhaps not) and I heard it fly out of my room heading towards the kitchen. Still laying there processing this, two loud knocks echoed out from my kitchen area - sounding just as if someone had loudly "knocked" on my kitchen counter. Both excited, and a slight bit unnerved at the unexpected nature, I remained in bed processing this and drifted off again way to quickly.

Anywho - my little experience I had last night. Any interpretations or opinions on the dream or the events are welcome, but I simply wanted to share this with people I thought would not only understand, but enjoy the thought of the experience - rather hard to find in reality :'D

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi.

What was your gut feeling about what the dream means for you?

I think we probably all have dreams as interesting and vivid as this or even more so every night but we don't usually remember them.

I also think dreams probably have most significance for the person who has them. There are different approaches to interpreting dreams, so I'm not quite sure others' ideas of what a dream's significance is really right - or wrong - but just what it means for them.

But if you're working with an experienced spiritual practitioner or dream interpreter on a regular basis, then themes may emerge that they could help you gain insight on.

Also if you have a certain spirit or spell binding that works with you through dreams then you might have information along with it to tell you what certain symbols or themes could mean in terms of you being contacted with messages by that spirit or binding. (eg see info on Fylgia)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote:Hi.

What was your gut feeling about what the dream means for you?

I think we probably all have dreams as interesting and vivid as this or even more so every night but we don't usually remember them.

I also think dreams probably have most significance for the person who has them. There are different approaches to interpreting dreams, so I'm not quite sure others' ideas of what a dream's significance is really right - or wrong - but just what it means for them.

But if you're working with an experienced spiritual practitioner or dream interpreter on a regular basis, then themes may emerge that they could help you gain insight on.

Also if you have a certain spirit or spell binding that works with you through dreams then you might have information along with it to tell you what certain symbols or themes could mean in terms of you being contacted with messages by that spirit or binding. (eg see info on Fylgia)
Hey Lewk,

Thanks for your input.
Honestly I got a range of themes for it, hence my asking for anyone's input.

Certainly agree with the dreams part. Majority of nights I have no recollection - proved very frustrating while attempting to learn lucid dreaming.

No spells directly associated with dreams, and while some spirits may speak thru dreams none specifically such as the Flygia...tho I perhaps should look into that.

Thanks again for your reply

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

Hi Soltari!

As Lewk already mentioned. Dream interpretation is personal. There are a lot of books that tend to blanket statement different types of dreams. But, in the end it is our own interpretation that matters.

For example, when I am extremely stressed, I will have a dream about tornadoes. If it the tornado is far off and non-threatening its usually about something minor in my life that I need to deal with. If the tornado(s) are coming at me and I'm running from them it tends to be about something that is bothering me that I am trying to ignore.

Finally, if the tornado(s) seem menacing such as have faces or seem to be "chasing" me with ill intent, then it is usually something very serious going on in my life that I need to address immediately.

That's just my personal version though.

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte

SpyderBite wrote:Hi Soltari!

As Lewk already mentioned. Dream interpretation is personal. There are a lot of books that tend to blanket statement different types of dreams. But, in the end it is our own interpretation that matters.

For example, when I am extremely stressed, I will have a dream about tornadoes. If it the tornado is far off and non-threatening its usually about something minor in my life that I need to deal with. If the tornado(s) are coming at me and I'm running from them it tends to be about something that is bothering me that I am trying to ignore.

Finally, if the tornado(s) seem menacing such as have faces or seem to be "chasing" me with ill intent, then it is usually something very serious going on in my life that I need to address immediately.

That's just my personal version though.
Thanks for the input Spyder.

I've been pondering it more, especially the imagry and think I've developed a satisfactory answer, tho some parts allude me. Let's just say it's been a rocky couple of years and only now am I starting to truly come out of it.

That aside - with the knocking experience and a couple of other manifestations that have occured I'm excited for the future, and take hope in the posts in this forum that my spirits understand why I've been...well how I've been the last couple of years, and can forgive me for that.

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”