What’s happening?

naiyahli
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fairy
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hi everyone, totally new here especially with the Spirit Keeping. I’ve been around spirits all my life since I was a child so I’m somewhat familiar.

I did the new customer purchase and decided on a dark arts black dragon. I don’t know what happened but the same night I completed the purchase, I had a weird dream where I was standing on a hill overlooking an ocean and from a distance I can see a black dragon flying in a sort of zig zag motion towards me. The feeling of seeing the dragon was like seeing a family member running towards you with their arms wide open for a hug.

The next morning and for the rest of the week, I’ve had really bad headaches. Took 6 days for the headaches to subside and for me to be able to concentrate normally.

Would this be a good sign? Or am I just going crazy because this all happened even before my purchase was completed.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

It's stated all over this sight that if a spirit or entity is darker than you, you may feel some discomfort. The second you made your purchase was not the second it was conjured, because that takes a little time...

However, you making said purchase (and I am a firm believer in this) was likely the same as turning on a beacon. The purchase was made. The door was open. And there are spirits/entities that want to be with you. Who will win? Pretty sure he already made his decision lol

Gratz naiyahli. Hope he is everything you needed and more. And welcome to the "kewl kidz clubb"

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

If you are new to working with dark arts spirits, headache is a common side effect. Usually it will dissipate in about days, to up to two weeks. It is your body acclimating to dark energy.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

Also always be ready to recognize when something like a headache is more physical than metaphysical. Take care of your body, stay hydrated, sleep enough, etc. Thought I'd at least mention that just due to how quick we are to jump to spiritual stuff.

What you described does sound like typical dark-arts calibration for that energy. If you need to, ask your spirit to turn down the notch a little and not give you such a headache. You CAN do that, and typically the spirits will listen :)

InfernalNachos gave a good point about the purchase thing, and put into words exactly what I was thinking. Purchasing is like a beacon. I love that and will have to remember that in the future! Do note that spirits will come visit you even before the order is complete too ;)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Black Dragons have some pretty intense energies so that's quite the acclimation for your first spirit!! Sometimes we are drawn to make purchases of certain beings because they've been waiting on us to become aware they exsist and when that happens they get really excited and make themselves known super quickly. Time means nothing on the astral anyways and from your story I have no doubt your dragons been waiting patiently for you to find them. How cute!!

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

featheredstar wrote:Also always be ready to recognize when something like a headache is more physical than metaphysical. Take care of your body, stay hydrated, sleep enough, etc. Thought I'd at least mention that just due to how quick we are to jump to spiritual stuff.
Thanks, I forgot to add that. I usually do.

And off topic, first saw your name on another thread... thought it said featherduster for 2 seconds :D made me giggle

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Dragona
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: goddess

Just so wonderful to read your experience! I have a black dragon and I just love him. I've had great interactions with him during meditation and in dreams. Seems like yours was just waiting for you to find him.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I agree with what others have said about it being a typical - although not universally experienced symptom of DA acclimation. I got that when I received my Sin Eater: 3 days of *continual* migraines. One started as soon as the previous one had ended. Never had that in my whole life before. Very impressive.

So I got this, hoping it would help with future DA purchases.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... ATION.html

They say it tends to happen more when the spirit is darker than you are. But you can ask them to tone it down as much as possible as well.

I got a Shadow Fairy from MMT, said to be "quite dark", as you'd expect, but had no symptoms at all. And a Doppleganger from CH - again no symptoms. But as he is a binding of my own Doppleganger maybe he's no darker than me / my darkest parts?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote:I agree with what others have said about it being a typical - although not universally experienced symptom of DA acclimation. I got that when I received my Sin Eater: 3 days of *continual* migraines. One started as soon as the previous one had ended. Never had that in my whole life before. Very impressive.

So I got this, hoping it would help with future DA purchases.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... ATION.html

They say it tends to happen more when the spirit is darker than you are. But you can ask them to tone it down as much as possible as well.

I got a Shadow Fairy from MMT, said to be "quite dark", as you'd expect, but had no symptoms at all. And a Doppleganger from CH - again no symptoms. But as he is a binding of my own Doppleganger maybe he's no darker than me / my darkest parts?
I would guess that, if you're on the darker side, the doppelganger would be on the lighter side. Doppelgangers are kinda supposed to be our opposites, right?

I'm actually banking on headaches or something akin to it when the WA spirits show up. Havent read about that happening, though. I'll find out, I suppose...

naiyahli
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fairy
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom! I read about there being headaches but I did not anticipate them that soon. But yes, I guess I did light up like a beacon so yay me lol.

I was very drawn to him because I looked thoroughly multiple times and even waited and went back hours later and looked again before going back to choose him. Now I can’t wait to get him.

Thanks all! ❤️

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”