neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Why yes, yes you may.

The vamp I dont see as being a good fit, but I have a while to think it out. The hindflarand adlet though... much appreciated

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote:Why yes, yes you may.

The vamp I dont see as being a good fit, but I have a while to think it out. The hindflarand adlet though... much appreciated
Happy to be of service! ^^

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

My most atypical vessels are little plastic toy animals: a snake, a rooster and a hen. Other vessels are crackled marbles and two crystal skulls along with tumbled (and some raw) crystals.

I do have a sword which I think would be an interesting vessel but not sure, at this time, which spirit would be a suitable match for it. I'm open to suggestions and no, I don't use the sword for fighting as it's a souvenir which I leave on display.

Thank you for this thread which got me thinking of what else can be used for vessels other than crystals and jewellery.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Whyme wrote:My most atypical vessels are little plastic toy animals: a snake, a rooster and a hen. Other vessels are crackled marbles and two crystal skulls along with tumbled (and some raw) crystals.

I do have a sword which I think would be an interesting vessel but not sure, at this time, which spirit would be a suitable match for it. I'm open to suggestions and no, I don't use the sword for fighting as it's a souvenir which I leave on display.

Thank you for this thread which got me thinking of what else can be used for vessels other than crystals and jewellery.
Mergerdness, Whyme. Hammer to my nail

I believe that I would only suggest a vessel if you were to handle it regularly. I routinely clean and maintenance my firearms and crossbows. My swords and machetes. Knives and tools. Your sword may not be considered a weapon by you... but if you have experience with martial arts, performing a kata with the sword could be an ideal bonding activity.

You have jumpstarted cogs that havent spun in a while. Well done. And thank you, friend

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

You're welcome.

I was thinking of different methods for banishing and I'm aware that swords can be used for such a purpose. So it's not fighting from a martial arts perspective as I believe banishing is different. Anyway, it's something for me to read up on.

Years ago I took tai chi but didn't get as far into it for the martial movements. It was more of an introduction/warm up and the instructor was brought in, by our employer, for a few weeks which we paid for. The beginning part we learned was more for meditation and relaxation. The funny part is, I remember how to make a proper fist, lol. He demonstrated some of the martial arts movement that we would've gotten into if he stayed longer. The problem with that is, you need room to move around so it's best to do it outside.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

featheredstar wrote:I believe anything can be a vessel. You, yourself, can be a vessel (thus, binding to spirit is a thing). So anything you mentioned yes, can be a vessel!

Things like your warhammer, if a spirit would agree to it (as I always like to let the spirits pick their preferred vessel if I can, and enjoy when I hear that the conjurers let the spirits pick the vessel) I would have a protective spirit(s) be bound to the warhammer, since it seems it's used more like defense/protection, etc.
Perhaps for a cufflink I'd have a social spirit be bound to it, or someone who enjoys more fancier or outgoing things. Personally I like to at least match up a spirit that would benefit the use of such a vessel.

Ultimately, though, anything can be a vessel. You don't even have to use vessels if you don't want to, however, and can invite the spirit out when the occasion arises. But these are my thoughts :)

I guess for me, I don't have any atypical vessels for my spirits. All of mine are bound to spirit, or jewelry. I don't personally find binding them to anything else very practical to me.

Ok. Featheredstar. I'm sorry, but I didn't know how else to get your attention, and I have a question about an entity/spirit in your keep. Because it rings, and I am failing miserably at finding information on it.

But, to keep with the program, I've go4 a serious question.

I have an earnest question about bonsai. I've always had a wickedly green thumb, and I have dabbled with bonsai. When I say dabble, I mean, I purchased small trees, the tools and materials necessary, read an obsessive amount. I did not buy established bonsai and care for them. I focused in creating my own. Things happen when you have to leave the country for 3 months at a time and yeah... significant others, or house sitters/housekeepers effectively forgot and murdered my precious plant babies.

The time I spend caring for plants is some of the most peaceful I've ever known. And if anyone has ever considered this or actually done it, please speak up. If you just have thoughts or suggestions, by all means share. I'm equal opportunity.

The tree itself. The planter. Or the bonsai tools. Which would you use as a vessel for an entity? Bear in mind, the pot is usually very ornate and almost always handmade (the quality ones for true bonsai are, anyways), the tool kits are elaborate and cam cost hundreds of dollars for a high quality set. The tree... well they are pretty much immortal, if you care for them properly.

Thoughts, go

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

InfernalNachos wrote:Ok. Featheredstar. I'm sorry, but I didn't know how else to get your attention, and I have a question about an entity/spirit in your keep. Because it rings, and I am failing miserably at finding information on it.
Go ahead and ask anything you'd like! I'm sure that we can tie in some atypical vessel with it, which is what I assume the rest of this leads into :) I'm now curious which spirit struck a cord with you.
But, to keep with the program, I've go4 a serious question.

I have an earnest question about bonsai. I've always had a wickedly green thumb, and I have dabbled with bonsai. When I say dabble, I mean, I purchased small trees, the tools and materials necessary, read an obsessive amount. I did not buy established bonsai and care for them. I focused in creating my own. Things happen when you have to leave the country for 3 months at a time and yeah... significant others, or house sitters/housekeepers effectively forgot and murdered my precious plant babies.
Much kudos to you for even keeping bonsai alive. I tried to get into bonsai, but I simply couldn't keep up with the care for myself. It was a lot to research on and at the moment, I don't have that time to care for a bonsai haha. The best I'm getting is keeping this very large Bamboo alive. And the rest of my various houseplants. Just wanted to comment on this too!
The time I spend caring for plants is some of the most peaceful I've ever known. And if anyone has ever considered this or actually done it, please speak up. If you just have thoughts or suggestions, by all means share. I'm equal opportunity.

The tree itself. The planter. Or the bonsai tools. Which would you use as a vessel for an entity? Bear in mind, the pot is usually very ornate and almost always handmade (the quality ones for true bonsai are, anyways), the tool kits are elaborate and cam cost hundreds of dollars for a high quality set. The tree... well they are pretty much immortal, if you care for them properly.

Thoughts, go
I had to think about this for a good moment.
I don't think I'd go with the tree itself; plants can die, and if that plant were to die, I'm not sure how that would work as a vessel. I'd probably go with a vessel that was more reliable and easily taken care of then something that could eventually go beyond repair as a live plant.

However, the planter I would definitely consider. As with a planter for a vessel, it's easy to give the plant that sits in it care as an offering, and to let the spirit that you have anchored to the planter to have something. You can even switch out the plants seasonally, or occasionally, or even to humor whatever plant the spirit might be interested in. This is actually such a NEAT idea that I hadn't considered before, so thank you for bringing this up!

I'd only use a tool as a vessel if the spirit chose so or if it was more practical to get the spirit involved in helping take care of a plant. I'd probably choose a container over a tool in this case. These are my 2 cents :)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

featheredstar wrote:I'd only use a tool as a vessel if the spirit chose so or if it was more practical to get the spirit involved in helping take care of a plant. I'd probably choose a container over a tool in this case. These are my 2 cents :)
This sounds perfect for any type of garden fae. Making a small faery garden orb/terrarium and using that as a vessel would also be interesting. You could also go one step further and use a desk waterfall as a Vessel for a mermaid or water creature, or a zen garden for something such as a sandman. You'd likely interact with all of these at least once a week to take care of them or simply de-stress, which is probably more than most actively interact since vessels are commonly worn or left near a place of activity/proximity (a bed, work space, etc) and aren't often actively focused upon.

The more this conversation goes, the more many might think of very interesting vessels that they can be more hands on with, and this might possibly improve people's experiences due to the interaction they'll be having with their vessels.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Ishvala Fenris wrote:
The more this conversation goes, the more many might think of very interesting vessels that they can be more hands on with, and this might possibly improve people's experiences due to the interaction they'll be having with their vessels.

This was the whole point, Ishvala. I'm really hoping this thread doesnt die. Not because its mine, but because it seems to make at least a few people think. If it makes a few more think down the road, or gives someone a great idea, even better.

Going back the the bonsai though.... they are trees and if properly cared for can live hundreds of years. People think bonsai is something so simple as trimming some leaves and such. People just wanna cut the first leaf or limb that grows "out of place".

Light trimmings are done routinely. Every 3 months or so. Depends on growth rate. Every serious trimming, you gotta trim roots, and that's where they like to die.

A woodland fae or something nature geared In the terrarium style habitat. That has some serious potential. Wifey has been asking me when I'm gonna get her carnivorous plants. The wheels keep turning.

Love the idea of the mermaid in the fountain.

Things that encourage interaction, as opposed to being something passive. Or rather things that encourage active interaction. Frequent active interaction. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

A tesla coil or Jacob's ladder. I've always adored watching those. A nice sparky something. Those could actually make for some interesting manifestations... said the electrician lolol

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”