Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

My approach was definitely too confrontational and full of hot air, so much so that I can't even reread it for cringing. You've given me a lesson on being gracious, and open-minded, so thank you!

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

You're fine, SilverElf. Mature people can handle disagreements when they arise and by that virtue can deal with some of the more blunt-leaning statements made in the heat of a moment. That tension is what stimulates, rather than bores.

Also, True Blood was a very decent show. Mostly because of the gratuitous sex. And that is why it was worth my time to watch.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Noctua wrote:You're fine, SilverElf. Mature people can handle disagreements when they arise and by that virtue can deal with some of the more blunt-leaning statements made in the heat of a moment. That tension is what stimulates, rather than bores.

Also, True Blood was a very decent show. Mostly because of the gratuitous sex. And that is why it was worth my time to watch.
I like every single atom of this comment!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

SilverElf wrote::is ashamed that hangry half-baked rant will live in infamy:

:is also grateful that people understand and are awesome:
Don't stress it. I've made worse posts. Very. :)

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Don't even get me started with all the issues of hollyweird and how they distort everything for entertainment.

Preston
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 37
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sitael, Haiael
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dominations
My magical/paranormal name...: Preston
Zodiac:

I agree, basing on series or movies only slows progress, as such products are for marketing and entertainment purposes only.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Old post, but whoa...

I remember people that claimed to be vampires when "interview with a vampire" was huge...

They were the same people who claimed to be slayers when buffy was in its prime.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Coervus
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

There is a religious historian who specializes in the history of magical belief named Owen Davies. He's an excellent scholar and puts out some great material on grimoires, cunning folk, etc. He says that once or twice a year someone will contact him believing he must be a knowledgeable practicioner and asking him to show them the way to magic (presumably hollywood style).

When the original "Charmed" television show came out he says his unsolicited "make me a wizard" contacts jumped from twice a year to several times a week, and the demographic switched to almost entirely teenaged women. In the years since the original was canceled he says that the requests have tapered off significantly.

I think this illustrates the point pretty well - people aren't just asking us here, they're out bothering historians and anthropologists and all manner of folks with the same ideas.

Coervus
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

There is a religious historian who specializes in the history of magical belief named Owen Davies. He's an excellent scholar and puts out some great material on grimoires, cunning folk, etc. He says that once or twice a year someone will contact him believing he must be a knowledgeable practicioner and asking him to show them the way to magic (presumably hollywood style).

When the original "Charmed" television show came out he says his unsolicited "make me a wizard" contacts jumped from twice a year to several times a week, and the demographic switched to almost entirely teenaged women. In the years since the original was canceled he says that the requests have tapered off significantly.

I think this illustrates the point pretty well - people aren't just asking us here, they're out bothering historians and anthropologists and all manner of folks with the same ideas.

Return to “Messages & Updates”