Aluxes

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Alux/Aluxes

Pronounced ah-loosh/ah-looshes.

Southern mexico, Mayan areas.

They are classified as a type of duende (dwen-deh) by locals. Duendes translates to dwarf or goblin or even pixie, depending on where you look.

Small in stature. Ranging from 6 inches to 3 feet tall depending on class or subrace.

Most common description is a child sized entity with the appearance of an elderly man/woman. Stark naked with the exception of their large hemp pr palm frond hat and a satchel.

Keepers of the forests and mountains. They count the trees. They are known to be what I see as fickle entities that take action according to how the feel in the moment. They lure children deep into the forest to play with them until they are unable to find their way home. Sometimes, when a person becomes lost in the woods, the alux will knock their hat off, and after the person stands up from retrieving their fallen hat, they find their path. They are known to punish farmers who mistreat their animals. They are blamed for the "malo viento" (bad wind) that can sweep through a small designated area that decimates crops, kills livestock, and can bring illness to the humans in the area. Along with the standard opening amd closing of doors, turning lights/TVs/etc on and off at a whim. They behave like young children with immense powers.

Personally, I have always taken great care to appease them. They typically stay away from cities, but some of my homes are secluded (in a town of about 2000 people).

A malo viento passed through my yard that caused 2 stillborn sheep, claimed my parrot, one of my dogs, and half of my hens (17)... in just under 3 days.

They accept offerings and prefer tobacco, pozole (poh-sole, not to be confused with pozole pronounced poh-soh-lay) which is a traditional drink made of maza, alcohol and holy water.

They can also bless you with abundance. They will help you tend your animals and crops, with magnificent results.

These are as I know them to be as I learned from locals in this area of the yucatan peninsula. And from my personal experiences. I've yet to see one, and I've heard they typically do not reveal themselves to adults, but I've heard them rustling about on my land, suffered their devastation and reaped their blessings.

Anyone else know of this amazing entity?

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I've never heard of them, but they sound very interesting to work with.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Sadly never worked with one. Just did my best to appease them lol.

They're a quite pleasant experience to have around (when they're in a good mood, of course). They tend to fill me with child-like awe and impulses

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)

Return to “Folklore & Legends”