Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexander
Zodiac:

Hello im a bit of cofusion here, i have been meditating on the chakras for some time, thanks to that im able to feel them more, my problem right now is that i always thought that the chakras spinned in clockwise( to the left) , but all of a sudden right now im feeling my third eye chakra spinning counter clockwise(to the right) it also feels like sometimes its alternating between a clockwise and counter clockwise spin, is this normal? What is the correct direction the chakras spin to? Does everyones chakras spin to the same direction or each one is different?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I think the correct spin is clockwise, but I suppose the question is, is that clockwise from first person point of view (or looking within from behind) or clockwise from third person facing yourself point of view? LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Regholdain wrote:I think the correct spin is clockwise, but I suppose the question is, is that clockwise from first person point of view (or looking within from behind) or clockwise from third person facing yourself point of view? LOL
Clockwise north of the equator... counterclockwise south of the equator.

Just a joke. I couldn't resist.

I'd love to know the answer though.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Dragona
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: goddess
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I'm not going to have the greatest answer for this one but I'll put out there what I've learned.

There will be different people from different backgrounds like lets say a Yoga teacher for example, they may tell you one thing and it is supposed to be the "right" way and then someone else who does energy work only and they have the "right" answer and so on. So, you may want to do lots of research on the topic and then also do exercises of all kinds to balance the chakras to see how things go for you. You may be able to tell yourself if there is an imbalance or not.

Ok, one thing I learned is if someone is looking at you then, that person is supposed to tell the chakras are spinning clockwise. So, I guess this means they would be going counterclockwise if you are viewing them for yourself.

Then, some have said the three on top is supposed to spin clockwise and the three on bottom counterclockwise...don't know then how the heart chakra is supposed to spin with this explanation.

Then, some say its not really important about the spin of the chakras.

There are probably even more differences than this from others because it just seems everyone has a different take on it...so I guess I just rambled on though, I think I remember a couple of people have used a pendulum to ask which direction each of the chakras is to spin to see if any are imbalanced so that may be some food for thought.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I haven't worked with the spin aspect of chakras.

There seem to be so many different schools of thought and so many different levels on which they can be accessed. I would recommend sticking consistently with the approach of whichever system you've learned. Most good spiritual systems are internally consistent. Even if another system seem to do the exact opposite of what you've been taught at times. Any system that works well is a good system imho.

When it comes to energy spin in general (in different systems and in different countries, from what I know), humans seem built naturally to read an anti-clockwise spin as undoing or slowing down, removing or counter-productive/negative. And clockwise spin as building up, tonifying, strengthening attracting, positive.

I've been working with various aspects of chakras for decades and had good results...but...I read a very well researched and persuasive article not long ago that showed how originally in India only 4 basic chakras were talked about and taught. You can see those 4 centres in some tibetan buddhism too. Apparently the modern view of there being 7 main chakras is not much more than a century or two old. 'New' ones have been spoken of as appearing recently. I now work with around 20 chakras.

I tell myself that what we're talking about is an energy body that has different levels that can be accessed and there are energy channels and energy vortices or nexuses in that. I'm not sure anyone has the only Right Way of doing chakra work.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “General Questions”