You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: see topic75741.html
I know about that thread, but I've always thought about it the other way around- that the soul is the part that reincarnates and spirit moves on to live on the Spiritual Realm (a.k.a. heaven)...
But if it really works as Magnolia describes, then I have really no idea how any spirit keeping works at all...

I thought spirits of those who died, moved all to the Spirit Realm. There they are free to go wherever they want etc. If the spirit would reincarnate, how can it still be on the Spirit realm? Wouldn't that mean, that the spirit would be actually in another body? And if we bound a spirit, we would be actually binding a part of someone else without the person even knowing about it? And how would that spirit be even able to come to us?
Or are the spirits we keep just those who haven't reincarnated yet or refused to do so? Then how would it be possible to have binding of (almost) everyone who have ever lived?

The only way around this I can think of, would be that in the moment of reincarnation, the spirit is somehow divided or copied and one part reincarnates, while the other stays in the spiritual realm forever changeless.
And in that case with a binding I would be getting a link to that part that stayed in the Spirit realm. And not creating a "loop" to my own spirit...
Why would there even be a possibility to bind that kind of spirit to my own spirit, if it was already there?

(Sorry for the mess, this topic is REALLY confusing for a total newbie like me. I cannot even get my thoughts on this some intelligible form in my native language, let alone in English x*D )

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

And one more thing- I tried asking my unicorn about an advice on that using "The Unicorn tarots" and the reading I got was: "Try something new", "Truth", "Simplicity", "Finish what you have started" and "Know your family".
I believe she's telling me to get that binding x*D \:*

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Ferro wrote: I know about that thread, but I've always thought about it the other way around- that the soul is the part that reincarnates and spirit moves on to live on the Spiritual Realm (a.k.a. heaven)...
But if it really works as Magnolia describes, then I have really no idea how any spirit keeping works at all...

I thought spirits of those who died, moved all to the Spirit Realm. There they are free to go wherever they want etc. If the spirit would reincarnate, how can it still be on the Spirit realm? Wouldn't that mean, that the spirit would be actually in another body? And if we bound a spirit, we would be actually binding a part of someone else without the person even knowing about it? And how would that spirit be even able to come to us?
Or are the spirits we keep just those who haven't reincarnated yet or refused to do so? Then how would it be possible to have binding of (almost) everyone who have ever lived?

The only way around this I can think of, would be that in the moment of reincarnation, the spirit is somehow divided or copied and one part reincarnates, while the other stays in the spiritual realm forever changeless.
And in that case with a binding I would be getting a link to that part that stayed in the Spirit realm. And not creating a "loop" to my own spirit...
Why would there even be a possibility to bind that kind of spirit to my own spirit, if it was already there?

(Sorry for the mess, this topic is REALLY confusing for a total newbie like me. I cannot even get my thoughts on this some intelligible form in my native language, let alone in English x*D )
Yeah... I didnt have the huevos to say that out loud... much less publish it. But that is my question. If the soul moves on. And if the spirit is what reincarnates, how can a spirit be bound? Unless said spirit that is bound is in reality a living entity... it gets confusing. And I'm positive that there are nuances that I'm missing or there are terms that were mushed or it's a typo. Or maybe I'm just that dense (most likely of possibilities) and I dont understand what the learned are trying to convey.

Please don't take my misunderstandings as slights. I'm intelligent, but with that amount of "intelligence" also comes an amount of derpaderp. I dont feel that I deserve a better explanation. But I would greatly appreciate one

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think,as it says in that thread, there are different views and perspectives, which are to be respected. I find it interesting to learn about these things.

I suppose it's important to understand how we may each use the same words differently. (To me the definitions are the key thing and it doesn't matter which words we use as long as we get how each other are using them.)

The Soul to me (particularly going on CH products and info) feels like a warm fulfilling centre to Me. The Spirit feels like an energy being that is close to what I think of as the Mental / Spiritual plane.

On a purely personal note, many years ago, after I had learned about spirit guides and other nature spirits and deities, worked with them a bit, been involved briefly with a spiritualist church development circle and read up on theories about the spirit world and reincarnation...and so on...I started to resent the idea that "I" reincarnate. It seemed to me that Me is only going to live this one life. Whatever reincarnates - I thought of it as an energy field with characteristics that persist and may attach itself to a new life at birth - I thought it is not identical to the Me that is living this life.

So I was fascinated to see that the CH view of the Soul and Spirit is quite similar. My identity as a living human being is unique.

This is 180 degrees away from the materialist atheist idea of 'you only live once'. (We do have something, an essence, which you can call a Soul, and a Spirit, which can be contacted after death.)

Still finding my way through all this though.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Well, thanks for everything. I quess I'm going to find out soon, what the nature of the binding will be. I'm looking forward to when my order is completed ;-)

Return to “Dragons”