You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal
Zodiac:

featheredstar wrote:
ARandomDemon wrote:I've recieved 'F' from creepyhollows. I don't know whether she's white arts or dark arts and nothing in 'F's bio in the reverse adoption order said anything about 'F's being 'wants to bite'ish.
All I got was that 'she's quiet,reserved,waits for the perfect time to bring good tidings and is quick to your beckoning call'
I'd recommend sending CH a help-desk ticket then.
I can only speculate, but that sounds to me like you may have an unwanted/unbound spirit around messing with your family. That description gives me no inclination that (F) would to do these biting gestures, or show aggressiveness. How are you on your protection / protective measures? Cleansing your space? I would look into protection as well as seeking Magnolia or Ash's advice on this.
I don't know if you've read the very first part of the conversation or not but it's not an unbound spirit because as I was saying before, the person who looked at 'F' says that ''she looks like she wants to bite'' when I held her vessel in my hand and asked ''what was 'F' doing'?'. (Now that I say that, it seems like that 'F' doesn't want to be held and noticed in 'that' way because when I hold out 'F's vessel, that is usually when 'F' gets the 'looks like she wants to bite' thing)
'F' only pecked me twice (the cat thing, and the one time I was outside thinking about 'F" sitting on an object that's also called her name.)
Only one time I've seen 'F' peck on a vessel ('S' the dark phoenix). I've sat 'F' next to two vessels with angels in them (courtwind and bronwyn) and 'F' didn't seem aggressive but I was told that 'F' looks like that she's 'supervising them'. I know that she doesn't like it when I've put all my vessels of all my spirits around her BUT she never pecked or bit any of them around her then. (5 including the unbound bird on my victory talisman that she shape-shifted her head into an eagle which probably means she doesn't like that one.)
The whole post was made so I can figure out why 'F' always seems stressed or ''looks like she wants to bite'' but it doesn't mean that she always bites everybody in sight. When she isn't 'stressed' she just sits on her vessel,flaps her wings and even one time sat on my coffee cup.

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Note:I forget whether or not 'F' pecked on any other vessels besides 'S' right now but I know that it's not a common occurrence.

Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A type of elemental
My magical/paranormal name...: Not yet known

Well then, keep her life as stress free as possible. If she's already fine with certain spirits around then you can keep them near eachother just try and pay attention to her and her moods and adjust things accordingly.

Also get a feel for how much interaction she likes. She may not like being handled as much as she's been lately or perhaps you're taking the wrong approach with her somehow.

Perhaps you're not doing things that she's interested in and so the experience is stale. It's possible that you're over focusing on what's wrong with the situation instead of actually bonding with her. Get to know her and what she likes and explore those things with her.

Cheshire Kitten ^..^ :)|

The Old God sleeps
down in the dark, moist,
odorous underfoot,
Waiting for us
To put down our roots.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It's important to have house rules for your spirit family, and if it is "F" who is truly responsible for the biting, then you would need to tell "F" that there is a rule against such behavior in the home, even if it is being done out of a positive place for attention or warning.

It's always up to every spirit to decide how they want to manifest, and how they want to work with you, but you need to be aware of the individual behavior of spirit companions as much as you are aware of the collective behavior of your entire spirit family.

I would ask "F" to only use such dramatic measures when something is truly amiss and becomes a possible warning/emergency situation.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Yeah, as much as I've heard about house rules and that all dark arts spirits should know them, I'm not sure exactly on what to do when a spirits goes and breaks them.
Am I supposed to tell 'F' ''please don't do that'' and have 'F' sit alone for a few days?
Am I supposed to stick ''F'' on a dish with cinnamon if she does something like that? (Seen that some dark arts spirits don't like cinnamon so that's why I thought about cinnamon)
I don't know how to discipline ''F'' is what I'm saying.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

You can always ask your familiar to communicate in ways other than pecks or bites.

Also, our spirits are loyal to US, but that’s not a guarantee they’re automatically going to feel a connection to any other people. If they’re not at ease with strangers interacting with them, they might not put their friendliest demeanor on for them.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

ARandomDemon wrote:Yeah, as much as I've heard about house rules and that all dark arts spirits should know them, I'm not sure exactly on what to do when a spirits goes and breaks them.
Am I supposed to tell 'F' ''please don't do that'' and have 'F' sit alone for a few days?
Am I supposed to stick ''F'' on a dish with cinnamon if she does something like that? (Seen that some dark arts spirits don't like cinnamon so that's why I thought about cinnamon)
I don't know how to discipline ''F'' is what I'm saying.
I've noticed in the Encyclopaedia that only dark arts spirits have subduing tips. There are some called grey there that don't. I think Familiars don't exist as a separate category in the Encyclopaedia. Also a lot of pre-conjured Familiars in the CH Shop are White Arts, which along with 'grey arts' presumably don't need subduing and would be likely to keep the house rules if asked to.

If it was Reverse Adoption and there are no notes on the familiar's arts, a reading might needed. But if it was custom conjure, perhaps a query to CH support could dig up an answer and perhaps you could then ask for a subduing tip, if the spirit is dark arts?

I'm guessing Magnolia's tip on using a house rule is the most sensible immediate way forward.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Dark Arts spirits will not automatically know any House Rules if there are none in place. It would be up to the keeper to sit down and tell them "here's the House Rules" and then explain if they are broken what will be the consequence. (Perhaps putting the vessel away for a couple days and not interacting with them, perhaps subduing them somehow, etc.) All in all, they are in your house, ultimately, so what rules you say go.

That said it really doesn't sound like this is aggressive behavior more than it is self-defense. I think some of the recommendations from others about figuring out how to deal with the familiar's instinct and working to try to turn it into a different positive communication method (rather than biting / pecking) are good approaches. But they should understand what you tell them too. Generally.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Just asked customer service what arts my familiar was,turns out that 'F' was dark arts.
That kind of makes sense.
One time I've done an oracle reading for 'S' to see why was 'F' pecking her,trying to see how she felt about it and I've gotten some weird cards from 'S'.

1. 'S',Why was 'F' pecking you?
*Milk and Honey *Peace
Uh, obviously those cards mean pretty much the same thing as they say. Now let me show you older readings I did with 'F' that's in this forum that connects the dots.

2.'F' why were you pecking 'S'?
(Different deck used)
*Victory *Deceit
Those cards pretty much the same thing too.

3. 'F' why do you always want to bite?
*Yin-Reversed *Soulmates-Reversed
According to the guidebook, yin reversed means you need to 'receive' something instead of taking. To be the student instead of the teacher.
Soulmates ended up telling me that 'sometimes an important relationship brings you to your knees','this person is called to a sacred task-to help you learn'.

So,the main reason that 'F' is seemingly doing these things is because she is 'called to a sacred task' to have me learn a lesson from her by pecking 'S'. Looking at 'S's cards tells me that either 'S' was in on the whole thing or playing around with 'F' or that 'S' was saying that she had done nothing wrong.

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

So it's been a long while since I've updated the forum about 'F'.
'F' hasn't done anything too 'interesting' ever since that I've stopped holding the vessel out for mom to see what 'F' is doing.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”