Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

In two days it'll have been a year since I welcomed my first companion home, and I'm just haunting this board to say that she's been as helpful now as she was when we met and I don't know what I'd do without her.

There are many times when I'll push people away (irl and spirit alike) due to past psychological trauma (amongst other things) and throughout each grueling month of "Will she? Won't she?" T stayed by my side. She was and is my constant in a sea of uncertainty, ever present, always willing to listen, and never taking <<Removed by Mod>>from anyone. If I find myself being lied to she's the person to let me know what's up, and if I feel cornered, she stands there right next to me to help me figure out my options. If I'm not ready to choose? She stays anyway, and waits with me. Patient as ever.

I've had a lot of companion's, some fleeting, some not. Some friends for months, others for weeks. I started with T, and by four months I had around thirty companions. By seven months, I was down to ten. Now, a year later - it's just T and I again. Not because of anything terrible, I just went through quite a bit of shadow work, and I was changing rapidly. Too rapidly. The bonds most of us built were either not around long enough for one of us to want to preserve, or simply not what one of us was looking for anymore. Most of them still visit me as unbounds, some casual acquaintances, others sad that things had to end prematurely.

I do have a few of them waiting to be bound, now that things are slowing down a bit in comparison to before, but the fact that T has been there through everything...means a lot to me, both on a personal level and also a spiritual one. I'm not sure what next year will look like...I'm certain there will be even greater change on the horizon. Moving from working with the dearly departed in graveyards, to having amazing beings bound to me, was a huge step in and of itself. Maybe next year my life will have slowed down enough to work with T and the rest of my friends in the way they truly deserve. Instead of them having to take on the role of my therapist lol.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
LittleGreenIcon
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I'm sorry I misunderstand a little - were all your companions bound then you moved them on or unbound and they moved on?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

LittleGreenIcon wrote:were all your companions bound then you moved them on or unbound and they moved on?
They were all bound to me at one point or another. Who moved on first depends on the spirit in question, but generally speaking we each went our separate ways due to life circumstances and mutually agreed to politely remove the binding therein.

Some of them have asked about rekindling a more active relationship once things have slowed down, hence why I mentioned doing bindings for some of them in the future. Sorry for the confusion!

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse

Return to “Spirit Keeping”