"accidental" spirit keeper

subtlemayhem
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1

hello, everyone. i have a question or favor to ask of anyone willing to help me out.
i recently started practicing due to a chain of events that eventually led me to spirit keeping.

ever since my childhood ive been able to see spirits and one day i saw the most terrifying thing ive ever encountered. it was also not human like the others always were. i found help through a stranger who i saw posted about shadow people not necessarily being evil. long story short? the demon i saw was a malicious entity but i did manage to reconnect with a long time spirit friend who has been around since childhood and who i used to have dreams about. ive seen him manifest outside of my dream once and it was to fight off another demon that was in my home.

i was told by her that he has always been around, he comes and goes, but doesnt expect anything of me.

im practicing to hone this gift that i believe i have but to also grow closer to him and learn more. id also like to thank him. my only problem is....that i sort of need verification?

ive used pendulum to communicate with him but...have i really?

this is all new to me and i guess i just want some sort of comfort

Dragona
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: goddess
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

With wanting to know if you are really communicating, that is really up to you on how much or little you are ready to accept that communication and contact is happening.
If you do keep questioning yourself and the communication then it may be likely that you may form blockages which may impact the communication and contact in a negative way which may lead you to believe that things aren't real or aren't really happening. So, let things occur and accept them as they come.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

subtlemayhem wrote:My only problem is....that i sort of need verification? I've used pendulum to communicate with him but...have i really?
Pendulums are a wonderful tool but they can also be a bit problematic if you don't have proper defenses in place. Others can certainly manipulate it, and even if they haven't, if you aren't suspending it properly than your own movements can cause mishaps as well. My first suggestion is to find a good Pendulum Suspender to avoid any personal blunders, and then look into defenses to make sure that you and your friend can speak without others [beep] blocking you. You could also get them bound by asking the CH team or doing so yourself, if you feel that would help. This way, if you are unsure now, you'll have reasons to have more faith in the answers you recieve once those measures have been taken.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
subtlemayhem
new here
new here

Muse wrote:
subtlemayhem wrote:My only problem is....that i sort of need verification? I've used pendulum to communicate with him but...have i really?
Pendulums are a wonderful tool but they can also be a bit problematic if you don't have proper defenses in place. Others can certainly manipulate it, and even if they haven't, if you aren't suspending it properly than your own movements can cause mishaps as well. My first suggestion is to find a good Pendulum Suspender to avoid any personal blunders, and then look into defenses to make sure that you and your friend can speak without others [beep] blocking you. You could also get them bound by asking the CH team or doing so yourself, if you feel that would help. This way, if you are unsure now, you'll have reasons to have more faith in the answers you recieve once those measures have been taken.
okay, i didnt know about suspenders but i do have layered wards set into place and last night i made my first protection spell jar. a few days ago i had issues with something malevolent that was quite blatantly honest about its intentions, which i found to be weird, but didnt take any chances. companion was giving me answers that i hadnt quite gotten in the past and was upset for ignoring him though generally he just does whatever and asks nothing of me. it wasnt him.

did a little research and i suppose i may have invited something in, wasnt specific enough in setting my intentions or it couldve been because i hadnt layered wards. (which i recently learned is a thing lol)

those are all good ideas that ive never either considered or known about. ill ask my companion about his opinion on binding. i was a little apprehensive about it because ive heard that it sometimes hurts them when done incorrectly.

thank you for your advice, its greatly appreciated. <3

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

subtlemayhem wrote: those are all good ideas that ive never either considered or known about. ill ask my companion about his opinion on binding. i was a little apprehensive about it because ive heard that it sometimes hurts them when done incorrectly.
As long as you do your due diligence in researching a conjurer to create the binding then you should have no problems with it. Many people will tell you here that it's your duty to research and vet a practitioner before trusting them with something as important and life-changing as binding a spirit companion to you. Look at reviews and word of mouth with conjurers in this community and you'll find one that will do the binding as smoothly as possible with no harm to the companion in question :) If a conjurer is reputable, then they wouldn't do the binding incorrectly and would want to make sure that everything goes through safely.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
subtlemayhem
new here
new here

featheredstar wrote:
subtlemayhem wrote: those are all good ideas that ive never either considered or known about. ill ask my companion about his opinion on binding. i was a little apprehensive about it because ive heard that it sometimes hurts them when done incorrectly.
As long as you do your due diligence in researching a conjurer to create the binding then you should have no problems with it. Many people will tell you here that it's your duty to research and vet a practitioner before trusting them with something as important and life-changing as binding a spirit companion to you. Look at reviews and word of mouth with conjurers in this community and you'll find one that will do the binding as smoothly as possible with no harm to the companion in question :) If a conjurer is reputable, then they wouldn't do the binding incorrectly and would want to make sure that everything goes through safely.
any recommendations?

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

subtlemayhem wrote: any recommendations?
I’d start with Creepy Hollows. Ive seen lots of good things about contacting them and getting the correct unbound bound for you.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga
Zodiac:

I don't believe it was an accident that you saw spirits, everything happens for a reason, I personally knew I was meant for spirit keeping, even if my parents didn't get me and so far with djinns it has been wonderful! Hope you have a good time with your spirits!
Much Love <3)

Return to “Spirit Keeping”