Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Hello everyone. I'm new to the world of the paranormal and received my Succubus companion, N from CH a few weeks ago, and have recently had a bit of trouble trying to bond with her. Tarot seemed like the way to go, but I don't have the money to pay for an IRL deck and I didn't want to wait for replies on a forum, so I looked around and found what seems to be a decent mobile app for this purpose called Golden Thread Tarot. It had a small tutorial and lets you log daily card readings, but again I'm still new to this and don't understand much of the meanings + card combinations to their fullest.

Out of the app's options, I decided to go with a "past, present, future" spread and I asked N the one question that's plagued my mind since I first learned of her name- "How did you come to find/choose me?" The spread I received was:

Past - II of Pentacles, reversed
Present - IX of Cups
Future - The Hanged Man, reversed

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum, but I couldn't find something better. I'd appreciate some assistance with determining this reading from someone who is more experienced in this kind of stuff. Thanks in advance.

Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I'm still learning Tarot so I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to interpret you're reading.

I've been in your position of not being able to afford decks - I found this site extremely useful.

http://askthecards.info/mobile/index.html

Tonnes of Decks, lots of different readings that includes interpretations.

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
dejavureal
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Just an update. I had a friend who's more knowledgeable about Tarot than me give some advice, and he proposed that this reading may be especially vague due to the nature of the question I asked. The question favors the discovery of methodology rather than reason, which is what I was aiming for. Next time I might try asking more simpler, direct questions.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

I've done tarot readings for others, but not for money and I don't do them much nowadays, but I did after some years find a good approach that worked well for me, using tips from top readers.

For me the cards that come out in a reading are in response to the initial conditions that are set via intent before they are chosen. Again the way I would see it or do it, it also depends on what the reader thinks the cards mean. So I have even 'told' the tarot which set of meanings I would be using in order to interpret what comes up. (ie the meanings in my main tarot book, or the meanings on the booklet that came with a particular pack.) As part of that I would also 'say' in advance whether or not I would be ignoring the reversed meanings of cards.

That narrows down for me what story the cards are telling. I've set the parameters in advance and leave it up to the Oracle to tell me what it wants.

I also like doing a different reading layout on the same question, to see if the same cards come up, telling the same story.

Otherwise, I think there are so many possible different interpretations.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:Hi

I've done tarot readings for others, but not for money and I don't do them much nowadays, but I did after some years find a good approach that worked well for me, using tips from top readers.

For me the cards that come out in a reading are in response to the initial conditions that are set via intent before they are chosen. Again the way I would see it or do it, it also depends on what the reader thinks the cards mean. So I have even 'told' the tarot which set of meanings I would be using in order to interpret what comes up. (ie the meanings in my main tarot book, or the meanings on the booklet that came with a particular pack.) As part of that I would also 'say' in advance whether or not I would be ignoring the reversed meanings of cards.

That narrows down for me what story the cards are telling. I've set the parameters in advance and leave it up to the Oracle to tell me what it wants.

I also like doing a different reading layout on the same question, to see if the same cards come up, telling the same story.

Otherwise, I think there are so many possible different interpretations.
Jusk a question- is it allright to throw away the booklet that came with your cards, because you just feel it is the right thing to do? I've done that with my unicorn cards. I think it is meant for someone much younger, then I am, and I go with my gut from then on...

And one more question- if I ask for "love of my life", "who am I gonna end up with" or similar questions, I get two card repeatedly- "The best friends" and "Brothers and sisters", somewhere in the reading (One or both of them). I have those cards strongly connected to a girl, who has shown me this deck for the first time. What do you think about it?

Thanks \:*

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Ferro wrote: Jusk a question- is it allright to throw away the booklet that came with your cards, because you just feel it is the right thing to do? I've done that with my unicorn cards. I think it is meant for someone much younger, then I am, and I go with my gut from then on...

And one more question- if I ask for "love of my life", "who am I gonna end up with" or similar questions, I get two card repeatedly- "The best friends" and "Brothers and sisters", somewhere in the reading (One or both of them). I have those cards strongly connected to a girl, who has shown me this deck for the first time. What do you think about it?

Thanks \:*
Hi

My comment isn't really based on a psychic sense - just that "The best friends" and "Brothers and sisters" seems to chime with a wide-ish definition of Love that can include friends and family, those close to us.

On the other hand, if you associate those cards with a specific person, they *may* be related to that person. Yet another consideration (for me) is that sometimes oracles such as the Tarot may seem to reflect back to us what is on our mind when we do the reading, rather than giving precise answers or solutions to what we think are clear, binary, even yes or no questions. (The I Ching does that to me a lot.)

I used to tell people I did a tarot reading for that I was kind of doing a reading of the psychic 'weather' around them. That it might give them an insight into their relationship with a situation, give them things to take into account when considering a way forward. And that watertight predictions were less likely.

Some people did kind of pull predictions from the cards - or from psychic readings when I did those - and things I shouldn't have otherwise known. At those times I felt a bit like bystander as it happened, as amazed or more so than they were when those things turned out to be right.

Some readers find it harder to do clear readings for themselves and easier to do them for other people.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “General Questions”