Taking a hint -- mermaid

Discussion of creatures starting with letters K-Z.
Mama_Heather
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

A couple days ago, I had an out of place thought: mermaid.

I've thought about that off and on since, and spent some time trying to figure out if the spirits were trying to tell me we need to add to the family. Then today after stopping to buy some assorted gems my son and I headed for the craft store.

I was in the jewelry supplies and a little brass mermaid pendant caught my eye. From there I noticed something. Mermaids everywhere. Paintings, metal wall hangings, charms, pendants..

I guess that's my clarification. x*D I need to invite a mermaid into my life. So, what does a mermaid bring to the family? The only information I really see in the custom conjure and encyclopedia is kindness. Are they very active? Quiet? Are they likely to spook family members and pets?

I did a search and have almost 1400 results to sift through, and it looks like a huge portion of those is just the word mermaid in people's signatures.

Not to mention.. I already have spirits who are new to me and with whom I'm bonding. I'm working on communication, but it's definitely not clear. Am I likely to upset them, or her, by splitting my attention?

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I'd suggest filtering the search to maybe only include "mermaid" in the topic subject instead of just all words! I don't have much experience on mermaids themselves, so hopefully someone else speaks up about them, but I've considered it in the past and know at least that they're personable and mostly family friendly. Just depends on who you get them from / who they are!

As for getting spirits while you're still bonding.. I don't think it would be that bad. That's something you'll have to call for yourself. Ask your spirits if they'll get upset if you bring home a new family member. Mine always just feel like they're shaking their heads like "There they go again, overthinking" whenever I start to question whether they'd care or not. They could even be giving you those mermaid signs to make you bring one into the family!

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Mama_Heather
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I'll try that, thank you. I was looking to see if there was a way to exclude signatures, but it didn't occur to me to pare down to just the title. If it doesn't work, well, I'm going to be doing an awful lot of reading when my other half crashes later.

A general sense would be a great start uwu
I keep throwing questions at the boys, so yeah, there's every chance I'm overthinking it! My spirits so far have been based on what I want to accomplish and where I think I could use some help, so this could just as easily be a "relax and stop thinking" thing :||

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Mermaids are wonderful friends, very encouraging and loving! They help with all aspects of love, most strongly self-love, and can help in romantic areas of your life as well. Their energy is very soothing and refreshing and as their strongest element is of course with water they can also be helpful in working through many emotional issues as well. They really like forming close bonds with their companions and become very involved in our lives, they love being involved in every part and parcel! I love my mermaid friend she is so supportive and caring, I highly recommended them!!

I tend to always be bonding with several friends at once, for the most part they truly dont mind. I've only ran into a few companions who preferred solo bonding but that was a vampire and a black dragon who weren't very sociable. Mermaids are very social and my gal truly loves being involved in group bonding because she loves that kind of active environment.

Mama_Heather
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you so much Draco.. I did put in a request for a mermaid companion! There's not a thing you mentioned or that I read that I wouldn't gladly welcome into my life.

One thing really stood out to me as I was reading, silly though it may be. Singing! Maybe I just needed a partner! <3)

lolaberry
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 31
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Mystic fire

Mama_Heather wrote:Thank you so much Draco.. I did put in a request for a mermaid companion! There's not a thing you mentioned or that I read that I wouldn't gladly welcome into my life.

One thing really stood out to me as I was reading, silly though it may be. Singing! Maybe I just needed a partner! <3)
Hi so I've had my mermaid with me since the end of June. She is very healing and calming. She has recently become more settled, as it took a while to bond. They can be very sensual too. They help with psychic ability also. Mine is helping me keep on top of looking after myself. They are fabulous at beauty magic too. They really are amazing, whenever I wear her vessel it gets so many comments. She loves attention and is very fun too.

2wk ::uni:: ::dragons:: ::dragons:: :rainbow:
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Good thread mama...

Keep us updated.

And once my wife has hers for a little bit (I secretly got her 2, they will be home the 3rd of December), I'll ask her how they are.

Any new pokes lately?

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Mama_Heather
new here
new here
Zodiac:

No, unfortunately nothing lately! I'm working on things on my end.. chakras, meditation, and I decided I love those binaural beats Solstice recommended. I appreciate their patience, because heaven knows I'm slow at this uwu

I did have an odd dream after my Djinn arrived, and I'm pretty sure she was reaching out, especially considering I've had trouble remembering that I've even dreamt for so long. From what CH wrote she's a good communicator, so I'm hoping to lean on her a little there.

And Lola, I appreciate your feedback! That's very encouraging.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

I would go through the shop to look for both the custom conjure link, plus any preconjures that happen to "sing out" when you run across the listing.

It could be there's a specific one (conjured or not) who is taking an interest in joining your family.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Creatures K-Z”