new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 3
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hey Guys, I joined around 2 years ago though I've only recently returned to these forums, But I have a question.

Is there anything wrong or strange for being REALLY accepting of death or events?
Recently a cousin of mine died and everyone was grieving, except for me.

I was sad and even cried a little, though I think a part of that was more of an act on my part to keep up a face.

I just, accepted the event happened and just went on with my life.

It seems that this odd mindset of acceptance is abrasive with other people in my life though.

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Topic moved to suitable section.

Kannabones
new here
new here

Thanks mod, I did not know where to post this, and you have been most helpful. ^_^

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Maybe you did felt this way because you know that death is not the end necessarily but another stage?

Kannabones
new here
new here

Maybe. It feels... Correct in my own mind.

I just have to be a little more, Empathetic? Is that the word?
I tend to not show much emotion about such things and that could easily anger others in their emotion high grief, Its just something I'll have to be wary of while I go through life I suppose.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

My opinion, and I stress opinion, on this is that you're obviously a step ahead of most on this. As long as you really are accepting it and not bottling it up.

And yeah, others are not so accepting so they perceive your acceptance as callousness or just plain coldhearted.

I still sob like a little kid with a skinned knee over a death (I was a wreck for months after my dog nina passed) but I was weeping for myself.

And my condolences for your loss.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A type of elemental
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not yet known

I wouldn't stress about it. It's okay if you don't feel it and it doesn't make you bad or wrong. You probably just weren't that close with your cousin so you can't expect yourself to feel what isn't there.

At my grandmother's funeral, I cried too but it was because my cousin was crying and I felt it and cried for her. It's not that I didn't love my grandmother but I hadn't been around her in such a long time before that, that it was hard to grieve her absence.

If anything just pay her some respects if you'd like and enjoy reminiscing about it with family.

Cheshire Kitten ^..^ :)|

The Old God sleeps
down in the dark, moist,
odorous underfoot,
Waiting for us
To put down our roots.
Kannabones
new here
new here

Thank you InfernalNachos.
But yeah, Same thing happens when a pet dies, I put it in my head that they are in a better place, or around us still. It helps a little, and my direct family thankfully knows thats just how I'm wired so no odd looks from them in those situations.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I am someone who works with necromancy and the 'death arts', and part of me being pulled into that area of focus has to do with my 'unusual acceptance of death', lol. I think in general that if you are a highly spiritual person, or at least deeply in-touch with the 'whole picture' of what it means to be alive, then you get to recognize that death is just a transition. I worry more about making arrangements for things before death occurs, and try to keep my worldly attachments to a minimum so that it isn't that much of a concern.

The pain one feels about death comes from the abruptness of physical loss and the lack of control over the rate of inevitability, which is traumatic in the sense that we will never again have life-opportunities and experiences with the beloved individual who went away. We lose out on the chance for them to be in tangible proximity to us, and the 'absence' hurts.
I had someone particular who I lost and it was one of these crushing circumstances, that despite not usually feeling a lot of grief over death, and despite even expecting the person was not long for this earth, I grieved severely for weeks and even up until a year ago would easily cry at the thought. I think a reaction to death therefore is common to differ based on the bond or level of attachment. In this situation the experience was a huge benefit to my necromantic studies as the tangibility of spirit came more to the forefront, and the recognition of how a presence 'transforms' in the afterlife, remaining powerfully accessible to us if we are the type to go there.

When you are someone who accepts death easily, while it may seem you're needing to gain empathy I actually see it as a benefit where you can care better and be more responsible for those people at a time where they are incapable and in serious need of support. In your acceptance you can have a solemn respect for the influence death has on the world, what it means and the gravity of this consideration would allow you to more easily connect to the varying expressions to do with it.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde

Return to “General Questions”