Baby's first Unicorn......

Vipera aspis atra
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master

Baby's first Unicorn......

Postby Vipera aspis atra » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:43 pm

The title cheekily refers to MY first unicorn. For I am but an infant when it comes to traversing these waters. (The first in my spiritual 'keep' anyhow, as I've encountered unbounds.)
The dark arts have been a central presence on my personal path, so maybe there are going to be people surprised that someone who works with the kind of 'scary' entities I do could possibly be drawn to unicorns, but I have for a very long time. I have my reasons.

So here are my observations after having her with me for just a very short time:

-She makes me feel more positive about troubling situations. She has a way of gently helping me remain disciplined in these moments where I'd probably falter or give in to temptations which aren't actually in my best interest. This is the type of balance I was hoping for when I sought her binding.
-Her energy makes me sleep like a baby, after struggling with insomnia for weeks. I've experimented to prove it was her influencing this. I've come down with a cold and the tossing and turning is back, but after putting on her vessel it's like some unheard lullaby knocks me over the head and I'm in this dreamy haze, sleeping contently with no problem. I could sleep all day with this kind of energy but I resist.
-Finally, and maybe the most interesting, I've noticed just today that I am constantly overhearing peoples problems when I have her vessel on me. I think this is related to the healing/resolution aspect of the unicorn's energy.

The one matched to me (by Creepy Hollows) comes from Ireland which is part of my heritage on both sides of the family so there is a comforting undercurrent of ancestral 'home' in this as well that I can appreciate, and I have the feeling she will be an aid in my work with the domain of Celtic magic.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
—Oscar Wilde

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Re: Baby's first Unicorn......

Postby InfernalNachos » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:58 pm

This is probably gonna sound like I'm acting like I know you, but I was super ready to congratulate you on your new arrival, in the more traditional sense lol (seriously, no offense meant).

Aside from that, in my current position, on my path, I have no interest in either WA or BA (to include very dark grey arts or DA).

It is, however, highly informative and insightful... to the point to where I realize I could be shooting myself in the foot.

It's worth mentioning that my daughters have WA gold dragon bindings (CH) which are also bound to me (for obvious reasons). They seem to be attentive without being invasive, but just not my cup of tea. But your post has encouraged me to consider working with them on a closer level.

Cheers for that

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)

Vipera aspis atra
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master

Postby Vipera aspis atra » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:04 am

Haha nah, no children here apart from my kitten. Maybe some day. And no offense taken at all. I kind of expected the title might be a bit misleading and this was funny to me.

I think it's fine to have no particular interest one way or another, you just have to let the path guide you organically and see where you end up. There's a sort of 'right time' for everything to happen, and other times where these things may have absolutely no place.
I am glad to read this post has encouraged you to try working more closely with the gold dragons though. At least for the experience and awareness of different types of energy, it can be fundamentally rewarding, even if it doesn't go much beyond that.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
—Oscar Wilde

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Postby InfernalNachos » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:26 am

Honestly, it's about choice.

If something has no choice, it seems like a sad existence. WA are represented as being "incapable" of doing anything they feel morally wrong. This includes true BA. Which i think would be worse than being forced to only choose the right thing. What if a BA *insert race here* doesnt want to do the wronf thing? What if he wants to help that child instead of possessing it? I feel that he would suffer far more than the one that couldnt smack around the murderer that was just aquitted by the jury. Which opens the questions in the differences of morals of different people, races, etc. But if they simply choose to only do the "right thing"... well, that takes a willpower the likes I've never seen. Which deserves respect. It still leaves the open ended question of "who is the 'decider' (god I still love bushisms)" of right and wrong. Which makes me even that much more uncomfortable. But ima big boy. I'll get over it before I get married again (yeah, I'd have to get a divorce first, but meh... it's just an expression inside my family, no alarms)

If I say anymore, it'll be wayyy off topic. But I should go add a volkh to my cart. Or I'll just meditate on it, ask the keep, and see how I feel tomorrow

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)

Return to “Creatures”