Something so odd...

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

So, I have a few furbabies that decided it was better to be elsewhere. Still not ready for dealing with that. One was rehomed and 2 decided to go to the next, which I'm trying to handle in the best way that I can.

Let me preface this with technology fact that I do not condone replacing a furbaby with another furbaby. It often ends in bitterness and hurt feelings because they can't possibly fill the collar (changed shoes to collar cuz my critters don't wear shoes...) left behind by the dearly departed.

But...

I couldn't ignore what happened next. Planets aligned, my companions willed it so or maybe the universe just said that it was time... no clue. But my wife saw an ad for Xoloitzcuentles (the hairless dog in coco), and I've wanted one for like 9 years now (long before the movie came out, btw) well within our price range.

Went to see them. Spent some time talking to the humans (abuela seemed a bit senile, but I'm positive she was a bruja) while we (myself, wife and 2 daughters) spent time with the puppies. One finally imprinted on myself and my oldest daughter almost immediately. The abuela kept counting the wrinkles/lines on her neck constantly. 5 lines (cinco rayas). No clue what that significance is, but she seemed utterly obsessed with it.

These dogs are working class. Were working class. Trained to pull carts, guard, hunt. Everything the Maya did, these dogs were involved in.

We took her home and we were practically begged to keep in touch and send pictures and bring her by occasionally. This was a good home for pets. I feel confident she came from a great mother and a great home.

But she brings something ancient and tribal with her. Not unlike my sharpei. It's just beyond my reach, but there is a palpable, primal something that is just there. I honestly never thought that I would be in a position to ever adopt one. But, to anyone who has read any of my recent posts... I have no idea why I am still being surprised.

She doesn't have a name yet, as it hasn't revealed itself. Maybe in a few more days.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Yeah.

Her name is Akasha. As I understand it, it is (or at least was) the 5th element.

At the very least, it's a pretty name.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Found my gs in a similar manner Nacho.

Sometimes things align, and I'm happy you found a new pack member.

And yes, that's an awesome name

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”