Get Started Communicating NOW With Your Spirits!

edensfantasy
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: incubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Eden
Zodiac:

Ok thanks. I will keep that in mind. :)

all you need is love
and a cat
:3
Borg
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 40
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I tried using one of the computer programs designed for spirit communication. But I got the feeling that my spirits did not want me to be 'lazy'.. I felt they wanted me to develop my own skills and learn to interact with them myself. I still have a long ways to go, but I can feel the energy 'flavor' of some of my spirits.

LiveNobody
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
Zodiac:

For anyone who might be slightly interested, I've made myself a simple table to LOG my results on Google Docs Excel spreadsheet which you can use for free if you make a google account and use your google docs (which I assume a lot of people have nowadays). Feel free to copy it so you can also LOG your results in a similar way :) Some days are obviously better than others, but the results I am getting is almost constantly dead on or over 50%, so might be moving onto specific suits soon.

Here is a link to the current spreadsheet I have if your interested in it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

"Even good people are great at makin' bad decisions, yeah (Oh)
They ain't gon' take it serious
You find out pretty quick that life is more than just appearances
I know some things we could avoid to save embarrassment
But everything that breaks you down can also build your character"

~ NF - Nate
LiveNobody
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: Once you get comfortable with red-and-black, you can up the ante and ask for specific suits. The farther above 25% (chance) you go, the better you're doing.

When you're happy with that, fine-tune it a bit more. Take the Ace through 5 of all four suits (20 cards total). Start asking for what the face value of the card is. The farther above 20% you go, the better.
I'd imagine that this differs from person to person, however, when you mention about fine-tuning the cards a bit more rather than just figuring out if it's Red or Black, does that mean when you can consistently get over 50% of the cards right if there Red or Black or is it more of a gut feeling and being confident about being more precise with the cards and trying to identify the specific suits.

Just a general question, like I said I imagine that it differs from person to person, I just don't want to rush into things and start fine tuning it too quickly in case I'm not really hearing my spirit communicate with me and telling me what the card is. I've been doing the Red and Black method for about a week now, and most of the time I can get about 50% or just over (there may be the odd day that I would get just below 50%). I just wonder how long you should spend on defining the colour before moving onto the specific suits, and then moving onto the face values of the cards.

~ NF - Nate
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

There’s no hard~and~fast rule for everyone. Some folks will want to vary the testing methods just for variety’s sake. The important part involves learning, not just perception itself, but what correct perception feels like for you. And practice is the only way to establish that.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
ariadnesthread
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Ariadne Sapphire
Zodiac:

I think it's interesting that the OP talked about starting out practicing telepathy on pets. I use my empathy to figure out what my dogs want a lot. Animals, to me at least, have simpler emotions than most humans It isn't hard for me to decipher what they want, (cuddles, playtime, bathroom break, food). I never really thought about it but I do sometimes know what people/spirits are thinking just based on the mix of emotion they are experiencing.
The idea of using cards also intrigues me, I have done pendulum work using cards, (not with spirits, just as a spiritual exercise). I will have to check out that spreadsheet.

Courtwind Angel named D, a Red Dragon named M, a Chinese Fox Spirit named E and a Miro spirit
Aryan
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Bilzerian
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I posted the following info in response to another poster's question, and it occurred to me that it's a message I would like to send to ALL brand-new keepers, the ones who say they can't communicate with their spirits. So I thought I would start a new thread and copy/paste it.
---
Telepathy is the easiest way. I really recommend that anyone who is interested in spirit keeping start to practice using it. Yes, it is not always clear at first. That's OK. Practice will improve it.

You could do what my friends and I did as kids (age 12). We didn't start with spirits, we started with pets. So if you have any pets in the house, tune in to THEM, too. Now when I was 12, I perceived animals as speaking in sentences, because that was what my 12-year-old brain could process. But now what I pick up has at least as much an emotional and sensory experience as there is of a verbal component. Therefore, listen for that, too, not just for words.

If you haven't got flesh-and-blood people to practice with (such as you and the spirit agree on a color, and your partner tries to perceive what color it is), you can use other tools like a deck of cards. Draw a card face-down. Have your spirit tell you if it's red or black. Check your results. LOG your results -- the farther above 50% (the chance score) you are, the more likely there is something psionic going on.

Once you get comfortable with red-and-black, you can up the ante and ask for specific suits. The farther above 25% (chance) you go, the better you're doing.

When you're happy with that, fine-tune it a bit more. Take the Ace through 5 of all four suits (20 cards total). Start asking for what the face value of the card is. The farther above 20% you go, the better.

Or you could invest in a Zener deck... look at the listing carefully to be sure you are not buying a marked deck! These are cards that were designed for ESP experiments, and stage magicians are aware of this and so there are now Zener props available, marked decks for use in their stage shows. If you want to be sure that your experiments are not spoiled by accidentally seeing the mark on the card, then keep away from marked decks.

Then, while you are doing the above things, watch the forum for the "What's in the box?" threads in the Spirit Tasking section. USE THOSE THREADS. I'm serious. There really is no substitute for practice, practice, and more practice, and the only way to do it is to DO it. You won't get a better opportunity to practice both your own psionic skills AND your communication skills with your spirits, as you task them with examining the box's contents and reporting it back to you.

By the time my friends and I discovered spirit communication, at age 14, we had already been working with animals for two solid years. The foundation was already built for us. But YOU won't have to wait for two years to get results. Unless you were born with non-physical senses wide open, however, you WILL have to start where we started, with zero experience and practicing on a regular basis. And that's OK.

So for anyone who wants to communicate, Step One is to stop self-identifying as a person who can't do this. Never describe yourself that way again. Instead, become a person who is practicing this, is learning this, etc. Or, even better, self-describe as someone who is DOING this. Update your internal dialogue to include your inborn ability to communicate, and never look back.
thanks for this thread, really useful for beginners, like me XD ;) :)
thank you

REPLACE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
WITH CURIOSITY..
1 wraith
1 sterling angel
1 sanguine vampire
1 familliar
LiveNobody
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:The important part involves learning, not just perception itself, but what correct perception feels like for you. And practice is the only way to establish that.
I am sort of struggling to understand what correct perception would feel like for me, I'd imagine that it would be different for most people, but even after guessing the suits of the card with my spirit for a month or two now I still can't quite pinpoint what this correct perception feels like. That's not to say however that I am getting poor results (in fact they have been quite surprising, sometimes we could guess 6 cards in a row correctly), the past few times now I have been able to consistently perceive 13 cards out of 52 correctly. Would you be able to elaborate a bit more on being able to feel what correct perception MIGHT feel like? Maybe give some examples of what correct perception feels like to you, I understand that everyone is different, so I shouldn't expect that correct perception for you is the same for me, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for... A touch from her? A voice that consistently repeats the name of the suit multiple times? Some kinda sensation? Any advice would really help!

Here is the link to the spreadsheet I use to record my results (if it helps): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

~ NF - Nate
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Mostly it’d be “This is how I felt when I got this answer. This answer turned out to be correct”, repeated a bunch of times over days, weeks, months, and (since I was in high school when I started this) summer vacations from school.

If I tell you how much looseleaf paper I used to record these tests...! I’m a total nerd, so these experiments were right up my alley.

It’s important to learn your own internal workings, and the only way to do it is to DO it. This is also how I learned to go with my FIRST answer. Every time I got an answer, but second-guessed and changed it, not only was the second answer wrong, but the first one was almost always right.

Pay attention to what answers feel like, energetically and even physically. You might spot something that feels almost physical in one part of the body when you’ve connected. For me, it’s a sensation in the gut. For someone else, maybe it’s their head, their heart, etc. Listen to your body.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Qemau
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal Anubis
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

thanks for the insight will definitely do it and bookmark this topic!

Return to “Spirit Tasking”