venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

It could just be a pin cushion for a seamstress, so probably doesn't mean anything. Have you asked your relatives if it had any significance?

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Old Town
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Mathias
Zodiac:

My immediate thought is voodoo dolls but thats a huge jump to conclusions, like other people said it could be a pin cushion. Has anything weird happened with the doll? Does it give you weird vibes?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Regholdain wrote:It could just be a pin cushion for a seamstress, so probably doesn't mean anything. Have you asked your relatives if it had any significance?
I wanted to elaborate why I said this. My grandmother was a seamstress and made clothing for dolls. She had normal looking pin cushions and she also had small ones that were doll-like that she used to help figure out how the doll clothing would fit, in the small scale, before making the larger version for the doll. So it kind of depends on what the situation is. Things aren't always meta. :)

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
nina
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

I guess it depends on the kind of pins used(if they are pins or needles), the type of doll (if its in shape of human figure) and where the pins are placed... mostly pins are in the head and crotch, but can be elsewhere also.

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Because everyone else has already said the practical thing, what I am going to do is veer into the topic of voodoo dolls and what the pins are about in those dolls even if it has nothing to do with what's at your grandma's house.

Typically in doll/poppet magic we are making a caricature of the target we wish to influence (sometimes not, sometimes the doll is a spirit vessel but we will leave that for another topic).

This doll may be representing the mail man, for instance. A wacky example but bear with me. So say your mail man always forgets to ring the door bell when they have a parcel for you, you might stick a pin in the representative doll's head with the intention of getting this person to 'think' of that. Or say you have a crush on the mail man, maybe you will stick a pin in his heart with the intention to provoke him to feel something for you.

In common depictions we usually see people just inflicting pain with the pins/needles, but this isn't accurate unless that was your intention.

My mother made dolls and so you'd see dolls with pins from the sewing, but what's funny is she was also a witch so I couldn't necessarily tell as a child which was magical or not in that case. Lol.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF THE DOLL? IT WOULD BE MUCH EASIER TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT'S GOING ON. IF ANYTHING.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF

Return to “General Questions”