Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

[Heavily censored because in spite of being twenty two and apart of this forum since 2018, I'm still not considered an adult. Fitting since I still love old 90's cartoons but...meh]

So for the past few months I've been having some psychological issues regarding myself and my partner's "alone time". I won't go into detail here, but let's just call it the female equivalent of that disfunction we all loved to joke about 2009 for some reason.

Anyway, my partner was being very romantic and inciting some saucey stuff (for the kids in the room yes, we were in fact cooking spaghetti) and I invited my Empusa "E" to join in if she wanted to (as in her notes it said she was eager to participate in things with me, and she likes pasta) So, we're doing that and my partner and I try a few different things to see what does and doesn't work/taste good (spices are important yo) and eventually the mood- I mean food, is ruined. So it stops there and we leave things as they are (dirty, I know).

While we take some time to ourselves, I thank my Empusa friend for trying to help, and apologize to her for my terrible cooking skills. She seems quite serious, and even a little protective, and says to me...

"You can't truly enjoy food with someone you don't love."

I'm puzzled by this and tell her, "Lots of people do, though. It seems effortless for them."

She said, "They are not you."

This really hit me hard because I'd been blaming myself for my lack of desire to cook. Going the route of avoiding it all together (Doordash is your friend) and honestly probably harming myself even more psychologically in the process due to overdoing it (and breaking my budget).

She was very calm and supportive of me, and didn't judge me or even seem the least bit unhappy. She enjoyed what she could and did a beautiful job easing me into things without making me feel out of control or afraid. The power of the mind is just whack.

So, I guess the reason I wanted to share this was because the conversation was very meaningful and people (usually newbies) tend to view Empusa or other highly sexualized spirits as just in it for the sex. They really are well rounded Spirits, and have a plethora of wisdom to offer that will help lift you up in your darkest of moments.

So, yeah. Sorry if the topic is weird, I just appreciated E's words and wanted to share them with any who may have been in similar circumstances or are in said circumstances.

You're not ever alone. There's no shame in speaking with friends (be they spirits or real life) and getting a little pick me up once in awhile.
"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse

Return to “Spirit Keeping”