Ancestors & Past Lives; What's The Difference?

chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

I've tried to do some research on this, but I don't seem to be hitting the right spots for concrete info or anything that actually makes sense to me.
What is the difference, or connection, between your bloodline/ancestors/DNA -- and your past lives?
How can you have both ancestors of your current bloodline in this life---and past lives on top of that? How does DNA then come into play with all of this?

Don't your past lives have different bloodlines than you in your current life?
^ If so ^, then do past lives maybe serve as supernatural sort of ancestors on top of the ones that we have in our bloodline from our current life??? (Is there even a difference, are both technically our ancestors?)

Another repeat sort of question--I know that we all have supernatural business in our DNA, so does that mean we simply just put that into consideration when thinking about the standard definition of DNA? Or rather do we learn that there are two separate types of DNA; Physical AND Spiritual?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Help

(Sorry if is this is mind-numbingly stupid or hard to understand).

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

DNA and bloodline are not the correct terms to describe past life connection. They are more for ancestral connection.

The past life is you yourself who lived that life in the past One analogy is the you in primary school, in high school, etc. are still you but in the past.
On the other hand, ancestors are not you, just like your parents and grandparents are not you.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

It depends on what point of view that you accept about the way the soul works.

But, avoiding that complication, the word "ancestor" can encompass a lot of things other than just blood relatives. It usually does primarily mean that - all your relations by blood going back generation after generation.

Your ancestors can also mean more than that. It can mean the spiritual ties you have to those who nurtured you but were not blood relatives (like a family friend that is like a mother figure to you), adopted families, those who were your heroes and whom you patterned your life after, things like that. Those can be just as deeply connected to you as blood relatives.

Past lives usually refers to your specific other incarnations that you lived. Your past life is not an ancestor (usually), but is instead the life that you lived previous to this one.

Yes, it is possible to have had a past life that is also an ancestor, although it's probably best not to complicate the discussion with that.

Past lives and ancestors are tightly linked to our connection to the Earth. Our pool of spiritual connections derives from Earth, so our memories of past lives and our spiritual connections to ancestors are all bound up with our lives here. This is why it's best not to ignore your ancestry or any past life memory that you have. Both can influence your current life and Destiny.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

::bump:: Once again, I'm sorry if this is ridiculously dumb, but does anyone else have more to add to this?
I'm gonna rephrase the questions
Are our ancestors and past lives separate?
And are the ancestors we currently have only assigned to us in THIS specific life, because of our bloodline and etc? Then can other ancestors carry on from our past lives onto this one too?

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

chemtrailchild wrote: Are our ancestors and past lives separate?
And are the ancestors we currently have only assigned to us in THIS specific life, because of our bloodline and etc?
Usually I'd say yes. There are people who get incarnated into the same bloodline for some reason though.
chemtrailchild wrote: Then can other ancestors carry on from our past lives onto this one too?
Depends on what you mean with carry on. They will not be your ancestors unless you're born into the same bloodline.
They will just be spirits that follow your soul into the next incarnation, I mean nobody can keep them from doing that.
But there probably won't be many of those.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I'm glad you recognize this question is needlessly confusing. You're overcomplicating things.
Sorry if I am about to repeat points that have already been stated.

Are you and your Mom the same person?

Past lives have to do with reincarnation. Reincarnation involves your soul, taking on different existences over time. When you die, your essence recycles itself into a new being, in a new form, usually born to a new family.

Your ancestors involve the family you are born into when you incarnate.
How can you have both ancestors of your current bloodline in this life---and past lives on top of that? How does DNA then come into play with all of this?
Because you can. I don't see any reason why this is strange.
DNA is used to refer to what you're 'made up of'. Technically you can use it to refer to spiritual DNA (à la past lives) or ancestral DNA (à la great great grandma, the dinosaurs, whatever you think you come from in this current incarnation via your familial roots).
Yes.
^ If so ^, then do past lives maybe serve as supernatural sort of ancestors on top of the ones that we have in our bloodline from our current life??? (Is there even a difference, are both technically our ancestors?)
No. Your past lives are You in the 'past'. They typically aren't related to you, or part of you, rather they ARE you at another time. If you want to look at them as relatives you're free to take that perspective, but that's not the literal truth.
Much like, you can work with ancestral memory and see and know what others from your bloodline have been through from a first-person perspective, your own blood and lineage can be shaped by who they were, but you will never have literally BEEN them. A past life is one you have FULLY, actually lived as, at whatever point.

Ancestry of your current incarnation is extremely important for you right here and now. A past life may or may not be important at all, some are more closely connected to you in the present than others, depending on how many times you've reincarnated.
You can say that with ancestry you also have close family, and distant family; but no matter how distant someone of your bloodline is, you're going to be more closely 'related' to that at present than the majority of your past life incarnations (unless you aggressively make efforts to recall and align with the past lives you've lived).

Another repeat sort of question--I know that we all have supernatural business in our DNA, so does that mean we simply just put that into consideration when thinking about the standard definition of DNA? Or rather do we learn that there are two separate types of DNA; Physical AND Spiritual?
Yes it is considered part of the standard definition of your DNA.
With the second question you're confusing yourself the very most. Supernatural DNA is not 'Spiritual' DNA. If you have supernatural roots in your current bloodline it is because two flesh and blood beings literally, tangibly, physically mated to produce that lineage. It could be an ethereal being who manifested in physical form to copulate with one of your human ancestors, it still wouldn't make it spiritual because that means something which is present 'in spirit'. Supernatural DNA that is currently relevant to you is part of your physicality.

Your past lives however are present with you 'in spirit', rather than literally manifesting in your blood at this current time, hence that would be something you could term 'Spiritual DNA' as I did earlier.

I am not even going to get into the fact that time is not linear, because I don't think you're ready to digest that and apply it until you really get the above. Generally speaking, it is best not to philosophize or engage with more complex concepts unless or until you understand the fundamental facts.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:I'm glad you recognize this question is needlessly confusing. You're overcomplicating things.
Sorry if I am about to repeat points that have already been stated.

Are you and your Mom the same person?

Past lives have to do with reincarnation. Reincarnation involves your soul, taking on different existences over time. When you die, your essence recycles itself into a new being, in a new form, usually born to a new family.

Your ancestors involve the family you are born into when you incarnate.
Because you can. I don't see any reason why this is strange.
DNA is used to refer to what you're 'made up of'. Technically you can use it to refer to spiritual DNA (à la past lives) or ancestral DNA (à la great great grandma, the dinosaurs, whatever you think you come from in this current incarnation via your familial roots).
Yes.
No. Your past lives are You in the 'past'. They typically aren't related to you, or part of you, rather they ARE you at another time. If you want to look at them as relatives you're free to take that perspective, but that's not the literal truth.
Much like, you can work with ancestral memory and see and know what others from your bloodline have been through from a first-person perspective, your own blood and lineage can be shaped by who they were, but you will never have literally BEEN them. A past life is one you have FULLY, actually lived as, at whatever point.

Ancestry of your current incarnation is extremely important for you right here and now. A past life may or may not be important at all, some are more closely connected to you in the present than others, depending on how many times you've reincarnated.
You can say that with ancestry you also have close family, and distant family; but no matter how distant someone of your bloodline is, you're going to be more closely 'related' to that at present than the majority of your past life incarnations (unless you aggressively make efforts to recall and align with the past lives you've lived).

Yes it is considered part of the standard definition of your DNA.
With the second question you're confusing yourself the very most. Supernatural DNA is not 'Spiritual' DNA. If you have supernatural roots in your current bloodline it is because two flesh and blood beings literally, tangibly, physically mated to produce that lineage. It could be an ethereal being who manifested in physical form to copulate with one of your human ancestors, it still wouldn't make it spiritual because that means something which is present 'in spirit'. Supernatural DNA that is currently relevant to you is part of your physicality.

Your past lives however are present with you 'in spirit', rather than literally manifesting in your blood at this current time, hence that would be something you could term 'Spiritual DNA' as I did earlier.

I am not even going to get into the fact that time is not linear, because I don't think you're ready to digest that and apply it until you really get the above. Generally speaking, it is best not to philosophize or engage with more complex concepts unless or until you understand the fundamental facts.
Thank you very much. I thoroughly went through this multiple times since last night, and now all my confusion is lifted. And I didn't mean to interchangeably use spiritual and supernatural, that was a hiccup I didn't see amongst this already cornucopia of a mess.
I initially learned and understood past lives & ancestors exactly like this, with the exception of a few things you've mentioned. It was after I went to this shaman a while ago who said a chunk of my emotional struggle stems from my last life as a woman in Russia that I got confused. This tripped me up because I am Russian in this life, and I wasn't too sure that close of a connection from my last life and this one could be legitimate, so everything I thought I knew got skewed.... and skewed further up until this point. So thank you once again for taking the time out to provide clear answers and info.

On the last thing you mentioned, I've heard for many years that time is nothing but a human construct created only for this reality, and how the flow of time in other dimensions does not work the same as it does here. I just don't know anything further. What would you say about this? (Especially in connection to this?)

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Very many of us have been left in a state of confusion earlier on in trying to figure out how all of this works, it is hard to get a universal/cosmic view of the situation enough to understand the fact that beyond these fundamental ideas, there are also personal patterns taking shape which are entirely distinct from person to person. To me what you mention about the recurrence of a Russian connection would be telling to you of such a pattern.

Sometimes we are reborn into very similar situations, or just slightly adjusted ones in order to deal with 'unfinished business' from those prior experiences. If exact location, or life circumstance doesn't repeat we may get relationship or career trends repeating, etc.
In your case, for all we know you very well could have been born into the same blood-family as you had in a prior lifetime. It's not impossible, it's just not as common and if you had mentioned this circumstance in the first place I know I may have had a whole new insight to share on what is happening for you. Because something like that would be more of a complex dealing, it's still necessary to decide for yourself the fundamental truths you believe in before exploring that possibility, because it grounds you and gives you support as you further your understanding of these bizarre sort of twists of fate.

In case I came off as terribly stern in my previous post, I will clarify that I was joking a little throughout. My sarcasm is rarely evident.

About the flow of time, I will try to describe what I personally meant as simply as possible, but may fail at that.
Right now, as you breathe and exist, you are in the present. Yet, as long as you remain in the present it is already the past and the future. Without a clock to determine that one point is now, one point is before, and one point is to come, there would be no mentality that these are separate things. Even observing the passing seconds you see that you remain in a state that is constantly moving and has never stopped, the past/present/future are merged. If this is so, and the more you allow yourself to absorb that mindset, you are going to find that you identify more and more with the unseen state of self. This regards a very distant 'past', and a very distant 'future', and it easily showcases how you will always be what you were, and always be what you are. More than anything, by being still in the 'present', all we are actually doing is being one with the past and future.

To further elucidate this, if you believe in reincarnation, this means that each death leads you back to the source where you are reborn, it is a constant ouroboros-trek where our end is forever connected to the beginning and this also is a way to view the very concept of time. Going back to basics, the clock itself with its traditionally round-face, counting and recounting the hours is plainly as day representative of that truth. The way the clock hands wind around, we are creating layers of existence. Your current incarnation overlays the previous, and the future is right there overlaying 'now'. We are infinite beings, it is only by conditioning that we see the limitations of time, or space, or whatever. Just working with this mentality, one is likely to have significant 'past life' recall and prophecy of the future, because you're consciously owning your place.

And that's enough rambling from me.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I'm going to try to keep this simple.

We have a quantum aspect to our DNA. The physical part of it means blood relations. The quantum part means the past lives...the spiritual aspect of DNA. I've had lots of past lives that have no physical connection to me. It's all stored in the quantum part of the DNA. An example I can use is that I've had past lives as Japanese persons and there is no Asian ancestors in my genealogy.

To sum up, ancestors are the physical people you can put in your genealogy to your family tree. The further back you go in your ancestry, the more likely you might (heavy emphasis on might) have been one of your ancestors.

If you want, you can look at YouTube for Kryon videos about DNA among other topics.

During meditation, I've had some info from past lives surface and so far it has been helpful with my spiritual journey.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3

Return to “General Questions”