Your thoughts on Customized Astral Realms?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Note: I put this in Paranormal experiences because I consider Astral travel and realms an experience and not a magickal, but if this doesn't fit here, feel free to move it wherever lol.

So I've been feeling a bit conflicted lately concerning the concept of customized Astral realms being sold as a product in stores. I'm not against them per se, I think it has the potential to be really awesome, but due to my lack of experience in the field of Astral travel (having only fully managed it a couple of times) I was curious about others experiences. Not with any specific product but just any Astral realm in general that was purchased. I don't want to know the seller or name of the place, but rather, I want to know if you bought a Realm and what your experiences were with a purchased Realm versus one you may have tried to make yourself. Is there much of a difference between the two as far as experiences and travel goes? If so, what? And if you can say such without naming names or products, why do you feel it was different? If you could go back and time, would you have still purchased that Realm or do you think you'd have been happier just crafting one yourself?

I'm definitely perplexed due to a lack of experience and that's exactly why I need those that are more experienced, or simply more gifted than me, to help me understand why an astral realm might be worth looking into buying over creating myself (when/if I begin to get a better handle on Astral travel of course). So, every opinion and experience matters to me in order to get a full perspective on them - don't be afraid to share your thoughts!

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I'm still working on Astral, so take this for what it's worth.

The one I'm discussing came "fully stocked" - servitors, places, gateways etc etc.
Because it was made by someone with more experience the "levels" to the place are far more complex, the inhabitants are much more "fleshed out" and excellent teachers. Together with the connecting stone I find it much easier to travel there - and while (as stated above) my astral needs work and I'll occasionally (more often than not tbh) forget my journeys I can not deny I certainly wake up in a different mood then when I don't visit.
As a personal note, especially since I'm rebuilding my "faith" in some ofv these matters due to personal reasons, it's mighty reassuring to ask about an area you visited to the creator and have them describe the scene/effects you encountered with nothing more then a name.

No names like you ask, but I really owe them a review

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Soltari wrote:No names like you ask, but I really owe them a review
I'll keep an eye on the review section to see if I can get more details about your experience. Thanks for replying!

- Muse
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

7 years ago I learned an astral travel method that included creating your own space on the astral (DJ Conway's method, cf Llewellyn's Books).

I think the term pocket realm is used by others consistently to mean any part of the astral that is customised by someone. So let's call it that.

6 years ago I bought a sentient servitor that has the ability to 'create astral realms' (and to destroy them afterwards if/when you want). Again I understand this to basically be a pocket realm type of space. The owner can specify to the servitor what it should be like.

I'm happy I got it. It was interesting to feel the differences.

I think it's good to be able to create your own astral space/pocket realm. (I always tend to go for learning from a teacher / author with a good reputation, rather than simply experiment and reinvent the wheel.)

I think it's also interesting and handy to have a created astral realm.

One use for my servitor that I thought of was to use it to run a fictional world, as part of story writing. Not done that yet, though.

When you create your own space, you have to think of every little thing in it and keep its energies in good shape and protected. With a created space, some of that is done for you and it's interesting to discover / explore what's there. I think it would also be a safe (if protections are included) space for trying out astral travel.

TL:DR I think creating your own pocket astral realm and having a created one both have positive things to be said about them. (I wouldn't say either or but if you can learn a good method for creating your own safe astral space, that's a really good thing to learn imho.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

7 years ago I learned an astral travel method that included creating your own space on the astral (DJ Conway's method, cf Llewellyn's Books).

I think the term pocket realm is used by others consistently to mean any part of the astral that is customised by someone. So let's call it that.

6 years ago I bought a sentient servitor that has the ability to 'create astral realms' (and to destroy them afterwards if/when you want). Again I understand this to basically be a pocket realm type of space. The owner can specify to the servitor what it should be like.

I'm happy I got it. It was interesting to feel the differences.

I think it's good to be able to create your own astral space/pocket realm. (I always tend to go for learning from a teacher / author with a good reputation, rather than simply experiment and reinvent the wheel.)

I think it's also interesting and handy to have a created astral realm.

One use for my servitor that I thought of was to use it to run a fictional world, as part of story writing. Not done that yet, though.

When you create your own space, you have to think of every little thing in it and keep its energies in good shape and protected. With a created space, some of that is done for you and it's interesting to discover / explore what's there. I think it would also be a safe (if protections are included) space for trying out astral travel.

TL:DR I think creating your own pocket astral realm and having a created one both have positive things to be said about them. (I wouldn't say either or but if you can learn a good method for creating your own safe astral space, that's a really good thing to learn imho.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I personally am also wary of those kind of listings, or even "custom-made astral objects/items." Like I have to be really honest..In the past I have found most of these people selling these kind of listings are extremely inexperienced, and a lot of it is them deluding themselves to believing they can do anything in the astral realms, having a grander view of what they can do than they are capable of, or just believing it's simply there by their minds willing it.
I have never bothered purchasing them before because I tend to be skeptical of most folks being able to really do such things or have that high of an experience.. Astral work is not instantly easy for most people. From time to time I go to astral spaces, I astral a lot, but it's not something I've mastered, or something I am not too thoroughly experienced in, so to me I feel your confliction makes sense considering the people selling those listings, should have some kind of mastery of astral work and traveling. They should be able to recognize what they're doing and be able to attest to it or answer to it, if asked.

I do agree with Lewk though, I believe creating pocket astral realms and spaces is possible, and I don't doubt there are people that can do that. I would even also make the same suggestion creating your own astral space is important. I've never been interested in making my own astral spaces because I already go back to the same ones that exist for me, but I still think it's something worth doing.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

GodSlayerBabe wrote:I personally am also wary of those kind of listings, or even "custom-made astral objects/items." Like I have to be really honest..In the past I have found most of these people selling these kind of listings are extremely inexperienced, and a lot of it is them deluding themselves to believing they can do anything in the astral realms, having a grander view of what they can do than they are capable of, or just believing it's simply there by their minds willing it.
I have never bothered purchasing them before because I tend to be skeptical of most folks being able to really do such things or have that high of an experience.. Astral work is not instantly easy for most people. From time to time I go to astral spaces, I astral a lot, but it's not something I've mastered, or something I am not too thoroughly experienced in, so to me I feel your confliction makes sense considering the people selling those listings, should have some kind of mastery of astral work and traveling. They should be able to recognize what they're doing and be able to attest to it or answer to it, if asked.

I do agree with Lewk though, I believe creating pocket astral realms and spaces is possible, and I don't doubt there are people that can do that. I would even also make the same suggestion creating your own astral space is important. I've never been interested in making my own astral spaces because I already go back to the same ones that exist for me, but I still think it's something worth doing.
Thanks for answering. I feel like less of an @#$hole now for questioning the reliability of these sorts of listings. x3

- Muse

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”