Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

That’s a shame. Morgan Daimler’s stuff is always worth the read.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:That’s a shame. Morgan Daimler’s stuff is always worth the read.
Agreed. Actually linked one of her entries in another thread as it carried some weight. It's thoroughly bookmarked as well lol.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Qemau
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal Anubis
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

The Law of Names suggests that knowing the complete name of an entity or phenomenon grants you power over it, but it is also based on the premise that knowing the full name comes from fully understanding the entity or phenomenon. How often do we choose to refer to things by powerful words without complete and full comprehension? Names can also be very symbolic, therefore the names, or words, which we apply to others can confer certain emotions or images. These words are called “associational devices” because we associate certain thoughts and feelings with them. Imagine for a moment that we changed these associational devices. Do you think we could change the positive or negative reactions to certain images?
I agree this reminds me with what I have learned about Kemet(Egyptian) breakdown of the soul where one of the parts of one's soul is called the REN or TRUE NAME
The Ren was one’s secret name. This was given to one at birth by the gods, and only the gods knew it. Scholar Nicholaus B. Pumphrey writes, "the only way that the fate or destiny can change is if a creature of higher power changes the name. As long as the name of the being exists, the being will exist throughout eternity as part of the fabric of the divine order" (6-7). The ren was the name by which the gods knew the individual soul and how one would be called in the afterlife.
There is also a story from Kemet history that speaks of how Isis used the TRUE NAME of RA to have Osiris/Horus crowned as the Pharoah over all Kemet.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/ael/ael13.htm

Return to “Educational Material”