You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: trying to achieve
If I could be anything, I would be...: ascended master
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Knowledge Seeker

OK, here is one i haven't asked about yet.

I here often how protecting yourself prior to/during OBE's is a good idea. What are some good ways to do so BESIDES visualizing a white light of protection. As i stated, i haven't yet managed to have an OBE (purposely) yet but when i do i would like to know i have put in some measure of protection while i'm out. I say besides the white light visualization technique because i am HORRIBLE at visualization of any kind. It is very hard for me to visualize for whatever reason, so i was wondering if there were any other specific techniques being used by those of you that are able to astral project?
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I hope others will reply.

I have several books on astral projection but have only invested time and effort into learning one method. I get the impression that each reliable astral travel approach has built into it its own protection stuff.

So I'd rather not say what protection I do, as it only makes sense within the full method that is taught.

I don't intend to criticise those who have a more diy approach, or pick elements from one or another system - but to be truthful I prefer to follow a respected, tried method if I am a beginner. (There are a fair few good astral travel teachers / authors out there, enough that people can find one that resonate with them. So I don't usually presume to make recomendations.)

Visualising - a great new age/ taoist teacher I knew used to say "If I told you there are a dozen pink hippos wearing purple tutus dancing across the ceiling, are you really saying that the image didn't come into your mind?" He'd go on to say that visualisation is very natural and there's no need to make a big thing of it.

I'd add that in fact sometimes Trying to visualise or intend something can become a bit of strain, a bit of a block. Sometimes just simply doing it softly, gently, or naturally is all that's needed. You might be pleased to notice that it *is* happening and then you can relax. The strain of the Try or the I Can't Do it Right worry can become a thought form that builds up with repetition and drowns out what you're actually doing. (At least this has been my experience.)

Many experienced practitioners of various spiritual disciplines practice what they call beginners mind. To some extent this is to avoid getting blocked with thought forms of what they're doing, instead of connecting naturally with the actual practice.

Hope some of that info is useful.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
astrallychallenged77
new here
new here
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: trying to achieve
If I could be anything, I would be...: ascended master
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Knowledge Seeker

Lewk,

That is actually very helpful, and also makes a lot of sense. As someone that can get frustrated easily if something is coming to me i tend to then press the issue. One of the things that came very easy for me growing up was sports, i was very athletic and able to pick up anything athletic related very easily. Being that sports were a MAJOR focus of mine because of that all throughout HS and College i just assumed that life would always be like that. In other words, if there was something i wanted to do (such as LD or OBE) i would go into it assuming i would just pick it up so to speak. When that DID NOT happen it did frustrate me and cause me to press even harder. As i read more and learned more i realized that for most people these are things that don't come easily and require time and effort.
Being older now helped me to realize that i would have to just keep at it.

So the part where you mentioned worrying about doing it right or i just can't do that being a barrier is spot on.

As always your insight is MUCH appreciated!!

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”