Realms of The Sphinx

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Flux
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

What realms do Sphinx come from or reside in?

O.Op

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

The CH encyclopedia has information about that.
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ghlight=Sp

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
Flux
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks!

It says they originate from the earthen realm and occupy both the earthen and spiritual realms. But that's pretty general.

I was looking to see if anyone who works with sphinxes could tell me about the specific area of the Earthen realms they originate from or spiritual realms that they occupy.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Flux wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:40 am Thanks!

It says they originate from the earthen realm and occupy both the earthen and spiritual realms. But that's pretty general.

I was looking to see if anyone who works with sphinxes could tell me about the specific area of the Earthen realms they originate from or spiritual realms that they occupy.
There are approaches that talk about the astral having 7 levels. Or the shamanic as having 3 worlds each divided into 3 levels. Is it something like that you're looking for?

Some of this is speculation on my part but...

I think Sphinxes have their clearest link to Egypt (which is an Earthen realm location), where there is the famous statue. In Mystic Morning Treasures' spirits information resource it is said that there are both Egyptian and Greek Sphinxes. See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx

I confess I still haven't got my head around the detail behind CH's idea of the spiritual realm but if it's anything like the astral - which I really learned about from a Llewellyn books author DJ Conway - then it is an incredibly complex location with multifarious locations that numerous types of spirits and even their sub-groups or 'tribes' can colonise as they see fit.

I think conjurers tend to guard the secrets of where they have found those spirits, partly due to those spirits being discerning about who they reveal themselves to.

Some types of spirit are easier to contact, so I guess their location in the spiritual realm could be better known. To be honest though, doesn't conjuration work on an energy/magic level?...so the spirit's homeland location may not necessarily be known.

I've not yet come across any resource that directs readers to a specific location on the astral / spiritual realms. Aren't travellers usually guided by spirits to their homelands, for the first time? I suppose we can use intuition to get us there - but then we might not be able to see a map or route.

That's all I know. I'd be happy to learn more.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Flux
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks Lewk!

I appreciate your input!

I guess I was looking for experiences from those who work with Sphinx and if they had any information they could share about what the places their Sphinx enjoyed.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I recently had a Sphinx arrive and it does seem to to be an Egyptian one. I don't know an awful lot more but I do really like its energy and presence.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”