Unusual Pets?

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
feistydelight
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus

I've got two sugar gliders and they are absolutely adorable! The like to climb all over me, but as soon as things seem to be going good, they'll poo or pee on me... :(

SilentiumBelladonna
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Besides a lizard (leopard gecko) which I think is more on the common side of "unusual pets", I also raise a beetle colony, and occasionally raise mantids. (I don't have any mantids right now, though.)

I'm hoping to raise more types of insects in the future.

They/Them | Witch | Druid
Qiff
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't have any favs
If I could be anything, I would be...: Higher Astral
My magical/paranormal name...: Qiff

Not really unusual but tegu and I love all 3ft of her even if she really does stink sometimes, 2 baby basilisks man they are quick and naughty tiny at time but real cool. A false widow I've been feeding for nearly 2yrs since saved her from bath

Flux
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

At my place we've got two cats, two dogs, two snakes, a chameleon, and a colony of hissing cockroaches. Soon we will be adding some Mantids! I love keeping insects as pets.

Jenjens
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Flux wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:49 pm At my place we've got two cats, two dogs, two snakes, a chameleon, and a colony of hissing cockroaches. Soon we will be adding some Mantids! I love keeping insects as pets.
Wait, What? cockroaches?

I have a dog, fish, and a few chickens. Nothing unusal.

PapiLobo
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

5 dogs, 5 cavies (aka guinea pigs) and a hedgehog on this end. Hedgehogs are considered exotic, but I find them quite ordinary. She's my hedgehog, named Jiraiya, Jiri for shorts.

And all have fantabulous personalities... keep trying to get the waifu to let me have a caiman or a monitor. I'd sell my 2nd born for a Savannah monitor... it would talk way less...

Flux
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Jenjens wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:26 pm
Flux wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:49 pm At my place we've got two cats, two dogs, two snakes, a chameleon, and a colony of hissing cockroaches. Soon we will be adding some Mantids! I love keeping insects as pets.
Wait, What? cockroaches?

I have a dog, fish, and a few chickens. Nothing unusal.
Yes, Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. They are docile, non-flying, primarily vegetarian, handleable, and fascinating insects that live for several years and get large enough to fill your palm. I've kept them as familiars for years and I adore them.

While I love mammals, they come with a lot more work!

PapiLobo
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

Oooooo... I forgot. Do yard animals count? Theres 5 bats that live in the palm tree in my backyard. I was going to cut it down so it wouldn't block my solar installation that I'm gonna install, but I couldn't figure out a humane way of doing it. Ergo, production will be a bit slow for a couple hours a day.

But they're awesome. No names. No cage cleaning. Just pure unbridled insect eating. They're super chatty too. Sometimes they do the high pitched beyond my ability to hear noises... and the dogs go bonkers. Its hilarious

I feel the need to name them now...

RyanJZ
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don’t know yet

Noctua wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:29 am I had a snail once..

I grew up with chinchillas. My mother loves them and bred them as pets, like I'm talking there would be dozens of chinchillas running around. I remember bringing one to show-and-tell when I was a kid. C hinchillas aren't so exotic anymore, though.

We currently have a wild Savannah cat which is a hybrid between a Serval and a domestic cat, and a Saluki which is the earliest dog breed descended from Wolves.
Normally I wouldn’t quote a comment this old, but I had to make an exception. My girlfriend and I have salukis too! There aren’t many other people who own this breed, and to see someone else in this community has one too is pretty cool. We also have a Russian Ray Snake and a western hognose snake here.

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”