Damiana

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
JaycubL
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

I bought some dried damiana to try as a tea and as a vaped herb. Unfortunately if you buy this brand it seems to be mostly sticks (see picture):

https://ibb.co/C2j9p4c

Last night I tried the vape while taking a walk. The vape was a little harsher than what I am used to. I think since the flakes are so dry and not clumpy, fine leaf dust can pass through steel mesh and reach your throat, it is probably better to use a water bubbler to filter it. After the first few breaths it smoothed out though. I was taking in as much as I could from a very full vaporizer chamber to give it the best opportunity to have an effect.

Sounds and sights were a little "HD" while at the same time my mind was a bit detached and floated away, unless jarred by a car going by or something. Overall body feeling is pleasant and very mild but sort of comparable to weed in style (not comparable in intensity or fullness of range of effects). Only when I turned the vaporizer up to 410° F and kept vaping until the battery was dead did I reach mental effects that I could compare to a low-mid dose weed session in intensity, though the character was different. At one point a tree near me made a weird creaking and fluttering noise (a mild wind was coming on) and I got scared that it might be a pterodactyl. Sexual category feelings and experiences are improved noticeably but not drastically.

Overall it feels like a mild pleasant sedative that makes you feel separated from and "outside of" your surroundings, while also waking you up a little and brightening or sharpening senses. Contradictory sounding I know. I emphasis again that the effects were mild and I was taking as much of a dose as I could really, without also having a tea of it with the vape.

It wears down pretty fast, I was about 1/2 to 2/3 down in 1 hour after use.

I want to try the tea too, so I will make another comment here after that.

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

HERE IS THE MORE INTERESTING PART:
I am suspecting damaia potentiates weed. Later last night, after 2 hours or so the damiana was almost completely worn off, and I decided I was going to vape weed having found a somewhat disappointing conclusion to the vaped damiana experiment. I did that, and took a shower at the same time. The effects came on MUCH stronger and more psychedelic than normal, at a medium dose level (not that much more than I have been using almost everyday lately).
In the shower I saw open eye visuals of a bright colored spiral tunnel covering like the size of the palm of my hand a couple feet from my face, accompanied by the falling-shepherd's-tone version of clear plastic packing tape being stretched very tight, or maybe fast plucking very overtightened piano or guitar strings. There was a lot of that and some other interesting things and ideas. After the shower it asked me verbally if I wanted a pleasure trip or a psychedelic trip and I chose psychedelic. Then later sitting on my bed, I was blasted off upward through my face into like a kaleidoscope entryway, and briefly into totally disembodied existence in a space I barely remember, I think there were some tumbling geometric "hedrons." There was a long while where I was too engulfed in the experience to even attempt voice recording notes about it like I usually try to do. I feel like a more intense experience like that was a great reset of the way I will approach the issue of these sorts of herbs. This is the most weed has done in me in at least a few months, despite nearly daily use and presumably some tolerance. So I think the damiana potentiated it in some way.

(Note to Mod: the rainbow symbol won't work, it does the bat instead)

JaycubL
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

Sorry I did the image wrong the first time:

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

JaycubL wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:40 pm
(Note to Mod: the rainbow symbol won't work, it does the bat instead)
Totally off the main topic but I've been trying the bat every so often and it never works, so now I know if I want a bat I gotta put a rainbow... thank you. -Lol-

^^

Interesting experience. When I use damiana in magic (and this is without imbibing it directly, but rather letting the herb unfurl itself in my presence via application within the spell) I can feel its spirit surround and build very quickly; it certainly holds a potent sway energetically but I do get that it needs the right circumstance or factors to truly shine and release itself...like a volcano slowly moving toward eruption. That seemed to me something I could correlate to your own experience. I'm doing new things with herbs all of the time so I may have something more to talk about in the near future.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”