Kids...

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Creepy Hollows Crew wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:40 pm Unfortunately having a kids group is near impossible because of verify the kids ages. since we verify the 18+ group by your ch account. and you cant purchase from us unless your over 18 it is most likely the wont have an account or use a fake birthday. and if we put all users in the kids group that don't have a ch account not only would that be a very time consuming task it would be punishing those that aren't kids just because they don have an account or use a different email for their ch account.
There was someone posting on here not too long ago, their profile suggests they are 15 and that they had a succubus from CH store. When I queried them about this, they stopped responding:
viewtopic.php?f=206&t=79198

And there already is a Kids group, that's part of what I was confused about... lol. If the group exists it reasons to say that it should be used, but it doesn't seem to be applied very much. I wondered about its function, though now seems irrelevant.

I get if identification cannot be consistently applied unless they have a store account that is verifiable in some way, but then I would have to point out a potential issue here as apparently there are people younger than 18 getting away with purchasing from the CH store. I mean, that is it's own issue, but maybe something you would want to look into.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:13 pm I mean, that is it's own issue, but maybe something you would want to look into.
its* own issue! jeez Vipera get it together this isn't hard.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion it can't easily be implemented to bring awareness to every minor in sight so if I have any question about someone's age I will personally just ask them or comment with that in mind.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Ideally, kids would have a special color to their name. There could be colors for tenured kids and non-tenured kids.

Besides helping the adult forum members respond in an age-appropriate fashion, it will help cut down on the instances where adults are advising, "Get this spirit, get that spell, buy this metaphysical book", only to receive the response that the user is a minor and their parents would absolutely forbid any such purchase taking place.

Having said that, we could refer said user to their local library, or even their school's library. You would be surprised at how many books about psychic phenomena I checked out from my Catholic high school's library over the years. I look back and wonder how those books landed in their collection in the first place, but hey. I got to read a bunch of books, so it's all good. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Our city library is closed right now, and I am not coping my best. :..(

Return to “Forum Suggestions”