Harpy

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Yesterday I was having a hard time focusing on my ritual and she kind of yelled at me "FOCUS!" I wasn't offended though. They are great for those who want to focus on accomplishing magickal and spiritual tasks, most especially if it's a ritual that would take many days to a year to accomplish.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

She also has a "scary looking" form and she looks kind of like a big ostrich. She seems to be very interested in my magickal practices regardless of the path and she loves any type of magickal wood. I love working with her so far, she is very reliable and protective as well as the rest of my DA spirits.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I'm very much impressed because she is very powerful. I saw her manifest physically and she's so great and very impressive. I saw her with pink feathers for the first time, now she has dark brown and black feathers. Very powerful energy, manifestation and presence and she seems to be focused on me and my magick efforts and she told me she loves watching me practice magick.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have several harpies on my protection team. I wonder if they would work well on my healing team. Any ideas?

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:56 pm I have several harpies on my protection team. I wonder if they would work well on my healing team. Any ideas?
I think they would provide assistance with magick in general. I even sensed her last night while making a wealth jar.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

How do you make a wealth jar? How would a harpy use it to enhance your monetary gain?

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

I have two harpies in my keep, both from CH. One was a custom conjure and is very active in security and the second one was surprisingly from a reverse adoption and chose me. I have yet to work magick with them but I know their very presence deters unwanted guests. Sometimes I feel one of them wanting to just perch on my head and ruffle my hair.
Energy wise, they feel slightly dark, but their vessels give off quite the electric shock.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Huff has bought me four and I bought one for myself, so that gives me five. To them, that is an army who are bad to the bones. They are part of my protection team for my home. If it doesn't belong, all we have to do is thing get out and they go for it. Between the canines, the harpies, vamps and other protectors, both WA and DA, not much gets through here.
Now, if my angels and other healers could get my brain unscrambled (Huff thinks it is magic that caused the problem).

Huffette
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I asked CH to call my Harpies back. Unfortunately, I am not walking the type of path that would benefit the Harpies I had, and they will do far better in a home with someone who practices magick that aligns with them and allows them to be more involved in ways that would appeal to them.

My opinion is, if you aren't an ideal Keeper for Harpies - where you can easily work with them and keep them involved often, then it's best to not have them at all. I wouldn't say they are the type of spirits to just keep around doing nothing, or not much, they need to be far more involved and included in meaningful ways with you or you might find issues down the line. So if you choose to bring a Harpy in, you need to be committed to that decision as well as committed to your work with them going forward.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:33 am I asked CH to call my Harpies back. Unfortunately, I am not walking the type of path that would benefit the Harpies I had, and they will do far better in a home with someone who practices magick that aligns with them and allows them to be more involved in ways that would appeal to them.

My opinion is, if you aren't an ideal Keeper for Harpies - where you can easily work with them and keep them involved often, then it's best to not have them at all. I wouldn't say they are the type of spirits to just keep around doing nothing, or not much, they need to be far more involved and included in meaningful ways with you or you might find issues down the line. So if you choose to bring a Harpy in, you need to be committed to that decision as well as committed to your work with them going forward.
Also want to add, they should not be kept by beginners.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”