You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan Sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Firefly Dreamer
Zodiac:

Hi there,

I am very new to spirit keeping, although i have four, soon to be five, loving spirits. It just occurred to me that i probably should be protecting myself better than I do.

I do have several protection spells from creepy hollows, so I am not sure if I need something more.

All i want is to remain safe on my journey and to know as much as possible. Please share with me spells or protection methods and any general info you guys have, so that I may learn.

Thanks!

Creepy Hollows Spirits: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Gnome, 1 Phoenix, 3 Mid-Level Sin-eaters

BluJay76 Spirits: 1 Sun Dragon, 1 Itla Dragon, 1 Black Unicorn

Living Entities: 2 Concuan, 1 Boobrie, 1 Tikunboro
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hello

One adage here is you can never have too much protection. Another is: do you have an army of protection?

Rather than have just one type of protection, it's thought to be preferable to have overlapping layers of it. So instead of say just having one protection spell, if you have 3 different ones their relative strengths will vary, so altogether 3 will give better layered coverage than one. And don't forget you can work with / task your spell bindings (see CH Shop homepage article Spell and Magic Tips & Support.)

You can add layers of different types of protection: protection spirits; protection spell bindings; protection items (eg the copper balls and so on).

To protection obained from others you can add diy protection. Basic psychic 'hygiene' like aura shielding, grounding & centering. Space clearing, banishing. Circle casting / the Lesser Banishing Rite of the Pentagram. Crystal grids.

You can say protection spells and you can create your own protection spells.

Each of the above can be gone into on more than the basic level too.

Essentially a mix of protections, layers of protections, more than one of each type, together all add up to more rounded coverage.

It's definitely not a case of a single magic bullet, or putting all your eggs in one basket.

Having said all that, stepping back from it a bit...it has been said we may not need protection so much when simply meditating/bonding with our bound spirits. But those who conjure will definitely need the maximum protection coverage.

And some of us may be more open to negative energies and so on, or may be someone who lights up psychically due to having spirits around them, making them more noticeable on the invisible planes...and so needing more help to keep out uninvited energies or beings.

People's level of need can vary. But the general adage is you can never have too much protection.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Protection”