How to start meditation and maybe some useful tips?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
TheUnprejudicedSeeker
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Hi everyone. Y.Y

I'm new here and a complete amateur in this spirit keeping.
Or let say i'm not even a spirit keeper for now. I never made a spell or had a contact with a spirit before (or at least I didn't notice it.)
But I already read some article here on this forum and the first thing I notice to do is meditation.
And I have some questions about the meditation.

Like I said I haven't done it before so for now I wanna know how many times in a week should I meditate?
And how long? is it useful for a beginner like me to do it often? I read somewhere (I'm not sure where it was) it's not good to overdo it or else you block yourself or your sense become numb.

And another question I have is how do I know I'm ready to get in touch with spirits. I know it takes some time and I'm patent, but still I'm curious about how I'll know I'm ready.
I don't wanna insult or make someone angry, but I tought maybe it's better to get in touch with a unbond spirit as a first experience. I mean I don't wanna order a bonding with a spirit and then after the arriving I notice I don't have the ability to get in touch with a spirit or even worse I dissapoint the spirit for my incapability to speak with him/her. Z|

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

TheUnprejudicedSeeker wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:43 am Like I said I haven't done it before so for now I wanna know how many times in a week should I meditate?
And how long? is it useful for a beginner like me to do it often? I read somewhere (I'm not sure where it was) it's not good to overdo it or else you block yourself or your sense become numb.
As any practice, it's best to do it daily, no matter how short. It should become second nature and when you're used to it, you can take more and more time to meditate.

It doesn't block yourself or make your senses numb, unless you do a specific kind of meditation that does exactly that. If you do zen-like meditations you might get detached. But that doesn't mean you'll be numb.
TheUnprejudicedSeeker wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:43 am And another question I have is how do I know I'm ready to get in touch with spirits. I know it takes some time and I'm patent, but still I'm curious about how I'll know I'm ready.
I don't wanna insult or make someone angry, but I tought maybe it's better to get in touch with a unbond spirit as a first experience. I mean I don't wanna order a bonding with a spirit and then after the arriving I notice I don't have the ability to get in touch with a spirit or even worse I dissapoint the spirit for my incapability to speak with him/her. Z|
How to know? You either know or don't. There's not an alarm that will go off.

Also if you want to work with unbounds, please use the non-binding conjurations you can find on this forum if you use the search.
Unbounds can be anything, even malicious and dangerous and you wouldn't be able to tell if you can't even communicate.

Also spirits, if custom conjured, won't be disappointed because they knew what they're getting into. The bindings usually also help with connection and attunement to the spirit so they're there to improve your interaction and communication too. And there are dollar deals too, so it's not like bound spirits are a big financial investment.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Luna_Ravenwolf
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 150
Your favorite spirit to work with: Horseman & Nephilim
If I could be anything, I would be...: A dark elf or fae
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rose
Zodiac:

I was right where you're at right now about a year ago! I was so curious about what else was out there for me to discover in this life, I needed more!
I was drawn to the supernatural/paranormal at a very young age, and for most of my teen years until eventually my intrests turned to other things LoL but there never was a total blockage. Unbounds specifically were drawn to me I should say LoL. I remember seeing people or "things" that others couldn't see, and for the longest time there was this darkness that followed me. It eventually went away when I was removed from a family members home after enduring sexual abuse at around 7 or 8 years old. I'm not sure what or who that darkness was, but now that I'm working on what they call shadow work to deeply connect and understand myself, I feel that darkness was an outside "extension" of myself and the dark energy of what was going on with me during that time. I dont know exactly what all of that means yet, but I'm working on it, doing my own research and techniques for discovery of self.

That dark experience is what lead me to doing research on what I was "seeing" and experiencing back then, which some how or another, led me to the Creepy Hollows forum, and eventually read about their shop, and I am neck deep in it at this point LoL.

Creepy Hollows has helped me so much along the way, and I am beyond grateful in their assistance and knowledge they have available for this community!
Just reading some descriptions of items within the shop can give you ideas on what to research to get you started. I like to be open to anything, being open minded and grounded is important to remember in the beginning. Your path will pave it's way, especially with lots of research, reading, and writing in millions of notebooks or journals LoL. Over time you'll be amazed at what we're capable of, with PRACTICE and knowledge, because everyone is born with special abilities but not everyone has the same ability as the next. You'll notice things that are more drawn to you than anything else, listen to your intuitive senses!

As far as the spirits go, I waited a month or so before I made my first order. I used the new customer deal in the Creepy Hollows shop, it's a penny for 1 item within the list, can be spelled or spirited. I personally chose spirit, a Bronwyn angel, angels are soft and of pure love so I knew it "couldn't go wrong" lol. It has grown to 13 spirits by now, both dark arts and white arts.

There's so much to discover, and you're only just beginning, so take it slow and you'll be amazed with how much this can change your life for all the right and positive reasons!

Blessed be love!

We Loved With A Love That Was More Than Love - Edgar Allan Poe
:>* *0* X..X ^^ <3
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

From one newbie to another: WELCOME!! 0x. ||.||

What I did when I first started meditating- and still do- is counting breaths. Inhale-1, exhale-2, inhale-3, etc until you reach 10. Then you start over. When you feel proficient enough you can count only exhales. If you catch your mind wandering or lose count- just start over. DO NOT BERATE YOURSELF. Just thank your mind for bringing it to your attention and return your focus to your breath. The part in caps I struggled with big time.

Also sit with your back straight, and if you're sitting in a chair make sure both feet are planted firmly on the floor. That way the chi/kundalani/etc energy will flow better, and you'll feel more grounded and stable. Do not lay down. You will fall asleep. Especially in a warm bed. With a big comfy blanket on. While listening to soothing ocean waves with headphones.

And no I haven't fallen asleep like that. Ever. I swear. |.| It's true! Why are you looking at me like that?!?!

8))

AHEM! Moving on... A lot of experts recommend meditating twice a day. Once when you wake up to help you face the day. And once at night to help you decompress. But do what works for you. Start with five minutes a day every day and work your way up from there. Heck I've gotten to work extra early (only because I had things to do beforehand- I'm not THAT dedicated) and used that time to meditate in my car. Waiting for an appointment? Use that time to count your breaths. Going to the store down the street? Do a walking meditation. Showed up too early for picking up the kids? It's a miracle! Praise the Spirit you pray to, make any offerings you feel called to, and of course- meditate!

The beauty of meditation is that it can be done anywhere and anytime. Literally. Anything can become a meditation- Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, sex (tantra), painting, you get the idea. Recently I turned counting change to bring to work into a meditation. Thank you COVID coin shortage. : On the plus side I had over $100 in change. $$$

There are some potential pitfalls to meditation. They vary from person to person. I don't mean to sound alarmist, but there are some aspects of meditation that folks have struggled with and ultimately gave up on it.

There is no right way to meditate. Each person is unique. Just because something isn't working for you doesn't necessarily mean that you're doing it wrong. It may just be that that particular technique isn't for you. It's OK to move on to something else. Eventually you'll come across something that works for you.

This is the big one: There is no instant gratification in meditation. You will not see instant results. Meditation is not like binge watching the latest season of a show on Netflix. It's like building a relationship- it takes time and commitment. And it could be weeks, months, or even years before you see any benefit. It's like getting older. You don't notice the change, but one day you realize that you haven't needed to stand on a chair to reach the kitchen counter in a long time. Or if you prefer- one day the gray hair and wrinkles just magically appear.

Unlike getting older, other people will notice the change and comment positively on the new you if you practice meditation. And that is the ultimate key to meditation. Practice, Practice, Practice. Even if you only have five minutes. Make it count. \/

Also keep doing what you're doing: Coming here reading and asking questions. From my limited experience everyone is willing to help and no question is too dumb. Although admittedly I haven't tested that last one yet. >:)

But I for one will be more than happy to answer any questions- with the exception to any pertaining to the length of this post. Or any future posts. When I start a post I never have the intention to write a novel- it just happens. Quite a lot apparently.

Once again ||.|| and I hope this helps.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “Meditation”