Removal of the Meet n Greet section

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Given that the forum heavily avoids individual contact such as emails, private messages, and the sharing of personal information to most capacities it feels like the meet and greet section is a relic of the forum's past - when it was more open to forming groups, communication networks, and meet-ups.

Now it just exists for the purpose of shouting where you are, but if you can't give out any other Information then the chance of meeting anyone is pretty slim to begin with, making the entire section an empty collective of meaningless locations.

To fix this "meaningless board" dilemma, you could move the section to the Tenured only board and give Tenured Members the ability to PM, share information, connect, and form meet ups again...or you could just delete it entirely.

Or continue to ignore it...I guess.

It's existence at this point just seems out of place with the message that the forum has given regarding member privacy.

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I second this. But isn't kinda nice to see where others are? Like how Aurum is from Finland - my dream land because I want to see The Northern Lights.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:12 pm I second this. But isn't kinda nice to see where others are? Like how Aurum is from Finland - my dream land because I want to see The Northern Lights.
It's nice, but there could be just one thread with the topic of, "Where in the world is carmen sandiego!" (or some other amusing title) to share that stuff versus an entire sub-forum. ^^;

Return to “Forum Suggestions”