Working with your inner child

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I think a lot of us can easily lose touch with ourselves overtime, especially with the world's current events. Sometimes grounding isn't always going outside and absorbing nature, it's taking care of your inner child and making sure some of that naive wonder survives through all the muck of day to day events. For me, inner child care contains things like Cartoons (especially Pokemon) and sweet treats, but for others it might mean boardgames, old movies, toys, and who knows what else. Listening to your inner child can lead to a lot of self acceptance, self realizations, and personal growth. It also wouldn't hurt to just give it some attention when you're feeling down in the dumps, since it has a really interesting way of turning things around into a positive example --- or even an adventure!

What are some of your favorite things to do for "inner child" work?

I tend to look at it as both apart of shadow work, and it's own personal form of spiritual health and balance, so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hmmm...as I've reached a fair age now, I think I'm more aware of those inner voices from earlier stages such as childhood and how they still resonate or seek attention amidst what can sometimes feel like a clamour of internal voices.

I have in the past done some personal development inner child work so I'm aware of that voice (voices).

There was a novel by Neal Stephenson in which the character continually hears the voices of his ex-girlfriends criticising him. It's well written, like all of his books and rings so true. Parents, colleagues, old friends and so on leave so many impressions on us. I can't remember potty training but it must have left its mark inside somewhere.

So I'm award of my inner child. But I guess I don't really 'feed it' much. Actually, on second thoughts I do adopt a playful /immature attitude quite a lot when I'm on my own. So maybe that does the trick.

And I do kind of play physically - I spent more than a decade doing physical work in warehouses, where I used internal martial arts tricks and moves to get my work done in a zen/spiritual/physically adept way. That was a bit like play. I do that too when nobody's watching. It also helps keep me agile and fit. (Google Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT).)

But I kind of gravitate towards 'guilty pleasures' like TV - maybe the kind of genres I used to enjoy as a teenager, actually. And I play a massive multiplayer online strategy game. Maybe those feed my inner young 'un.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”