neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Huffette wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:57 pm Just to clarify things, after conversing with my arc angel mentors, I respectfully disagree with you.

Michael says this is not so. He says Islam began when Azaziel prostrated himself as Gabriel and handed Muhamed the scrolls. Muhamed questioned whether he should take them, and was told to spread the word among his people so that they might turn from idolatry and worship the holy Allah.

Please clarify, and I ask you, would you argue with the words of one of the highest of the arc angels? I would not.
But WHY would Azaziel want Allah to be worshipped? This doesn’t make sense.

Shiite Muslims believe Gabriel made a mistake and went to Mohammed instead of Ali. This is the first time I read that Azaziel masquerading as Gabriel is what started Islam.
Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Syrah wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:08 pm Shiite Muslims believe Gabriel made a mistake and went to Mohammed instead of Ali.
That's from a wrong interpretation of some Shia book:
While writing these words, I recollect that the Egyptian government during the fifties sent the late Dr. Muhammad Bisar to Washington, D.C., as director of the Islamic Center there. I went to visit him and he received me kindly and informed me of the knowledge that he had acquired concerning
American Muslims. He initiated a dialogue between us, saying:

"Some of the Muslims in this country asked me about the various Islamic sects. I declared to them that all Muslim sects are good except the Shiite Ithnashari."

I immediately realized that R. Bisar did not know the meaning of Shiite Ithnashari. Otherwise, he would not have been rude enough to say that to me while I am a Shiite Ithnashari (meaning The Twelvers). Thus, we had the following dialogue:

Chirri: What is wrong with the Ithnashari?

Bisar: They believe in things opposed to Islam.

Chirri: Give us an example of their wrong belief.

Bisar: They say the revelation came to Muhammad by mistake, and that ‘Ali Ibn Abu Talib was supposed to receive the revelation.

Chirri: How did you learn that?

Bisar: I read it in the book of al-milal and al-nihal by al-Shahristani.

Chirri: Have you asked any Shiite scholar about this subject?

Bisar: No, I have not.

Chirri: Then you have convicted millions of Muslims and considered them "kafir”without asking any of them about this serious accusation. Did the Almighty command you to do that? And did Egypt send you to propagate such (an unjust) message?

A year after our meeting in Washington, I met Dr. Bisar in Philadelphia at an Islamic conference. He informed me that he re-examined the book of al- milal and al-nihal by al-Shihristani and found that what was attributed to Shiites, that the revelation came to Muhammad by mistake, was not the belief of the Ithnashari Shiite school of thought. It was rather, a sect which existed and disappeared hundreds of years ago. Hearing that from him, I accepted his apology. Yet, I was amazed that it took him a whole year to re-read the book and discover the truth.
source: https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclo ... on-mistake
"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

darkwing dook wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:11 pm
That's from a wrong interpretation of some Shia book:
Some books but not all books. My brother in law is Shiite Irani by origin who was born and raised in GCC. He’s a Jaʿfari and these are the strict Shiite. They practice Taqiya:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya
If you read this you’ll understand how Shiite hide a lot of things and don’t confess officially to many beliefs. But commonly they sometimes depending on circumstances declare their beliefs or opinions — and believing Gabriel made a mistake is one of them. There are hundred of videos on YouTube for Shiite Islamic lecturer stating this fact.
Now, I could dive in and start digging and get names of Shiite resources but I won’t do it because it will consume so much time and energy and I’ve learned my lesson after the archiving of my theology thread.
Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Syrah wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:16 pm https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya
If you read this you’ll understand how Shiite hide a lot of things and don’t confess officially to many beliefs.
(Sorry for posting this, mods...)

You basically accuse millions of Shia muslims of lying about their belief, using the same reason as anti-muslim movement in the West:
But Islamophobes take taqiyya as evidence of some kind of Third World duplicity; “their” morality is inferior to ours—we can trust white people, (certain kinds of) Christians, real Americans, etc., but we can’t trust those with brown skin or funny names. The same logic was once applied to women, who were believed to be incapable of the moral and intellectual rigor (some kinds and colors of) men were. So, for the Islamophobe, taqiyya is a means by which Muslims lie to advance their agenda (say, for example, that Obama lies about his faith—he’s a secret Muslim, but isn’t telling anyone.) This is an old racist cliche, now pinned to the chests of a religious group.
source: https://religiondispatches.org/dont-bel ... slim-says/

Similar articles:
https://www.abc.net.au/religion/the-myt ... e/10097556
https://yaqeeninstitute.org/nazir-khan/ ... lims-liars

You change Shia to Jewish and taqiya to these:
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_ ... Honest.htm
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/ma ... -lies-quot
and we're back in that WW2 faction.

Maybe it's normalized where you live to consider non-Sunni muslims as lower beings, but here, it may as well break forum rule #1:
1. Be respectful of other members
---- The Golden Rule plain and simple. Treat others the way you expect to be treated. You are not always going to agree with every member or every post and when you post a reply make sure it is in no way inflammatory, sarcastic, hurtful or condescending to another member. Any hurtful posts are removed and you will be warned. If you are disrespectful to any member of the community more than once, you will have your account demoted, and possibly have post-approval on your account. If you post something that is bullying/racist/phobic, or you stalk a member through multiple threads to harass them, you will have action taken against your account swiftly, which many be a 3-day ban or a permanent ban.
(Sorry again, mods)
"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thread is locked.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”