Have any of you encountered a ‘revenant’ or known about one?

Discussions on specific races of vampires.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

My assumption is that a person would have to ‘come back different’ from what was once classically considered a ‘death’ of sorts where their brain/body is left fully intact or function differently. How would you identify people with that kind of paranormal condition nowadays? Would you think it’s permanent or temporary?

Has anybody encountered one or known of a situation where one was involved? What makes revenants so craving of ‘blood’ or ‘life force’?

Not talking about the other intelligent race of beings mistaken for revenants but for example the same type of ‘being’ as what the dwarf in that Irish legend became somehow.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Its been a very long while since anybody's seen or talked about them, many cases or legends/stories were awhile ago. Its said in Ireland they are 'averse' to Yew wood.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

So in a way they’re ‘vampire zombies’ I think.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

John Michael Greer's Monsters suggests that revenants are etheric bodies of dead people that knew how to feed on energy and manipulate their subtle body. He also says that modern embalming fluid kind of destroys the etheric body integrity, like cutting off the corpse's head or something. So there are way fewer revenants now.

Where sanguine vampires fit into his worldview I have no idea.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

cairngorn wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:27 pm John Michael Greer's Monsters suggests that revenants are etheric bodies of dead people that knew how to feed on energy and manipulate their subtle body. He also says that modern embalming fluid kind of destroys the etheric body integrity, like cutting off the corpse's head or something. So there are way fewer revenants now.

Where sanguine vampires fit into his worldview I have no idea.
Does he also cover ones like the 'hopping' variants or the Irish one, it seems possible that some were physical but we do not know how we would classify a person as one today. Some might be more sane minded but be 'off', while others might not be.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

Those aren't covered, no. I wish there'd been a mention of vampire gourds, but those were probably never actually vampires, only rotting produce. :)

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

Anyway I'm sure the "etheric" body thing would only apply to "living" vampires. Whether there are any is another story.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

cairngorn wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:27 pm Anyway I'm sure the "etheric" body thing would only apply to "living" vampires. Whether there are any is another story.
Revenants are ‘dead’ physically.

For the ones closely related but aren’t, see near the end of that chapter you read from.

Go to Page 47, those people mentioned feed in a similar but less deadly way while alive. Often they are the type of people who accidentally (or sometimes willingly) become revenants though too for reasons author talks about.

From the book’s general overview it seems revenants only start feeding off living human beings out of desperation when all other avenues have been exhausted or aren’t enough.

Return to “Vampire Races”