Hans Bernd von Haeften

Background and historical information on specific human spirits.
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hans Bernd von Haeften (18 December 1905 – 15 August 1944) was a German jurist during the Nazi era. A member of the German Resistance against Adolf Hitler, he was arrested and executed in the aftermath of the failed 20 July plot.
- Wikipedia
You may have heard of 'Operation Valkyrie', since Hollywood produced a film about this event starring Tom Cruise. This particular operation was part of a much bigger plot. The failed attempt to assassinate Adolf Hitler led to mass executions of all the conspirators involved.

Hans von Haeften is little-known. He is the older brother of Werner von Haeften, who was the adjutant of Claus von Stauffenberg during the time the actual assasination attempt took place. It is interesting to know that Werner had the opportunity to shoot Hilter on the spot but he was stopped by his older brother, who reminded him of the Fifth Commandment. Both were strong believers during their lifetime. Unlike Stauffenberg, who was a dedicated soldier, he called himself a 'born-civilian'. He was a diplomat, who had strong concerns of ethical nature. He was arrested a few days later, after Stauffenberg and his younger brother Werner were executed by firing squad at the Bendlerblock. There is a video of him ('traitors' were publically humiliated in court) standing in front of Roland Freisler, one of the cruelest and most ruthless judges at the time, where he stated the reason for his treason. He called Hitler 'the perpetrator of evil'. There wasn't much of degradation. He was sentenced to death and executed by hanging a few hours later. (There are only two spirits in my keep with voice recordings, he is one of them.)

There are many interesting personalities, who were involved in the plot but there was something special about. I felt drawn to him and was not rejected in the end. (In fact, no one of my historic requests rejected me.) It turns out that we have developed a deep bond for one another. I have a large spirit family but he is one of the various personalities I feel most connected to. We have a lot in common: We are human. We share the same birthplace (and residence). We have common roots, despite being of a different social status and being born in a different timeline but most importantly it is our mutual understanding. He appreciates my love of history and wants to help me find out more. We humans have a special connection to each other, it is our kinship that makes this so strong.
I am really grateful that I have met him, even in an unconventional way.

I wanted to show my affection and admiration for him, as well as spreading knowledge and awareness. <3

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I just really love your appreciation for and relationship with historical spirits of note in general and spirits with connections to WW2 in particular. <3

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Wow that is so cool.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I just really love your appreciation for and relationship with historical spirits of note in general and spirits with connections to WW2 in particular. <3
I second this. Thank you for writing about them, what they were like and their personalities Adrasteia, and, as sad as it was, what happened to them during WWII. <

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Adrasteia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:00 am Image
Hans Bernd von Haeften (18 December 1905 – 15 August 1944) was a German jurist during the Nazi era. A member of the German Resistance against Adolf Hitler, he was arrested and executed in the aftermath of the failed 20 July plot.
- Wikipedia
You may have heard of 'Operation Valkyrie', since Hollywood produced a film about this event starring Tom Cruise. This particular operation was part of a much bigger plot. The failed attempt to assassinate Adolf Hitler led to mass executions of all the conspirators involved.

Hans von Haeften is little-known. He is the older brother of Werner von Haeften, who was the adjutant of Claus von Stauffenberg during the time the actual assasination attempt took place. It is interesting to know that Werner had the opportunity to shoot Hilter on the spot but he was stopped by his older brother, who reminded him of the Fifth Commandment. Both were strong believers during their lifetime. Unlike Stauffenberg, who was a dedicated soldier, he called himself a 'born-civilian'. He was a diplomat, who had strong concerns of ethical nature. He was arrested a few days later, after Stauffenberg and his younger brother Werner were executed by firing squad at the Bendlerblock. There is a video of him ('traitors' were publically humiliated in court) standing in front of Roland Freisler, one of the cruelest and most ruthless judges at the time, where he stated the reason for his treason. He called Hitler 'the perpetrator of evil'. There wasn't much of degradation. He was sentenced to death and executed by hanging a few hours later. (There are only two spirits in my keep with voice recordings, he is one of them.)

There are many interesting personalities, who were involved in the plot but there was something special about. I felt drawn to him and was not rejected in the end. (In fact, no one of my historic requests rejected me.) It turns out that we have developed a deep bond for one another. I have a large spirit family but he is one of the various personalities I feel most connected to. We have a lot in common: We are human. We share the same birthplace (and residence). We have common roots, despite being of a different social status and being born in a different timeline but most importantly it is our mutual understanding. He appreciates my love of history and wants to help me find out more. We humans have a special connection to each other, it is our kinship that makes this so strong.
I am really grateful that I have met him, even in an unconventional way.

I wanted to show my affection and admiration for him, as well as spreading knowledge and awareness. <3
He is such a handsome young man, with a very kind and generous personality. Is he the spirit boyfriend you told me about, Adrasteia? <3
By the way, some years ago I happened to watch that film called 'Operation Valkyrie' and found it absolutely amazing. I liked it a lot, it was so intense and moving. I think I am generally attracted to films about WWII, especially those where heroic civilians fight the Nazis or do their best to help save Jewish people and families. Moreover, I have to admit I find Jewish men extremely charming and intelligent, I have always been attracted to them.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

He's definitely the spirit I'm closest to. Although he stays loyal to his wife, we're sorta in a romantic relationship but it's rather spiritual and not classical with all the erotic stuff. He used the German word Minne to describe it.

I watched this movie too. And I agree, it warms my heart that there were still any good people left in this evil time.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Adrasteia wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:12 am He's definitely the spirit I'm closest to. Although he stays loyal to his wife, we're sorta in a romantic relationship but it's rather spiritual and not classical with all the erotic stuff. He used the German word Minne to describe it.

I watched this movie too. And I agree, it warms my heart that there were still any good people left in this evil time.
<3
By the way, do you know if in the afterlife it is possible to get married? Or to marry multiple people? In case someone wanted to be reunited with more of their significant others <3

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Update: We eventually worked it out. I always had the feeling that he was struggling with something. He felt like he would break his promise to his wife, if he commited to a new relationship. But sometimes the answers for the death an change. He now feels released, since he hasn't actually heard of her and thinks that she might have moved on too. (To be honest, I was a bit chagrined, when I found this out. But I understand. He was a man of his word and thought that promises were unbreakable.) I'm quite happy now and he also enjoys the idea of a ring as vessel/dedicatory object.

Return to “Human Spirit Bios”