Origin of the gregori/grigori watchers

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

Anyone here with a gregori watcher who chatted about their origin at some point? What do they say about themselves?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

chiasmox wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:15 pm Anyone here with a gregori watcher who chatted about their origin at some point? What do they say about themselves?
Are you wondering if they disagree with what people believe about the origin of the Gregori?

ie "Some believe the Gregori are fallen angels and that may be the case for some of them. However the majority of Gregori are simply Watchers, entities made to watch the human race, "

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... hlight=gre

(I don't have one btw.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:34 am Are you wondering if they disagree with what people believe about the origin of the Gregori?
More or less, yes. I have two GW now and they both said they aren't fallen angels and that that is most likely a misconception due to their appearance.

Maybe there are some that are fallen angels, but I haven't met them. I basically just wondered what other people's GW say about themself. If there's some correalation to what I understood. Seems to be kind of an unclear topic.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

chiasmox wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:44 am
Lewk wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:34 am Are you wondering if they disagree with what people believe about the origin of the Gregori?
More or less, yes. I have two GW now and they both said they aren't fallen angels and that that is most likely a misconception due to their appearance.

Maybe there are some that are fallen angels, but I haven't met them. I basically just wondered what other people's GW say about themself. If there's some correalation to what I understood. Seems to be kind of an unclear topic.
I think the fallen angels thing comes mainly from the biblical references. It's interesting that the CH Encyclopedia says they are not all fallen angels.

find it again.
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:38 pm I think the fallen angels thing comes mainly from the biblical references. It's interesting that the CH Encyclopedia says they are not all fallen angels.
Yupp, but I did find references to them outside of being allegedly mentioned in the Book of Enoch on a webpage, which does actually "verify" a few things they've told me.

Just going to quote it...

"In some Witchcraft and Wiccan systems the Watchers are beings who guard portals that link worlds together. Within such systems they are viewed as a spiritual race, a set of deities, or as spirits of the four elements. The Watchers are associated with the four quarters of north, east, south, and west. In some Traditions the Watchers are associated with the four elements of earth, air, fire, and water. They are also linked to each solstice and equinox, as well as to a specific star.

In Charles Leland's book Aradia, or the Gospel of the Witches, he recounts the tale of "The Children of Diana, or how the fairies were born" in which it is stated that Diana created "the great spirits of the stars". In another legend titled "How Diana made the Stars and the Rain" Leland writes that Diana went "to the fathers of the Beginning, to the mothers, the spirits who were before the first spirit". Some Italian witches believe that the Grigori (Watchers) are such an ancient race and this reference may well speak of them.

Over half a century following Leland's works, Gerald Gardner wrote of the Watchers and their connection to Wicca. In Wiccan religion the Watchers are evoked at quarterly "Watchtowers" to guard and witness the rites performed before them. In some Traditions each new initiate is taken to the four quarters and formally introduced to each of the Watchers. The Watchers are known by many names including the Old Ones and the Dread Lords of the Outer Spaces.

In many Witchcraft/Wiccan traditions the Watchers are not only the guardians of the portals to other realms, but also protectors of the magic circle, and witnesses to rites. Each of the ruling Watchers oversees a Watchtower, which is now a portal marking one of the four quarters of the ritual circle. In Ancient times a "Tower" was a military fighting unit, and a "Watchtower" was a defending home unit, similar to a National Guard."

Now, most of this rather alludes to the other watchers CH offers, who are WA being, but I bolded the few things that stood out to me and what I've gathered from the GW in my keep, so to speak. I might also just be reading into things.

As far as I've gotten and from what my spirits told me, the GW aren't born from intercourse but are created in some sort of tube. They aren't necessarily born with gender or sexes, but choose themselves how to appear and what energy they want to encompass. There's a certain sense of what we'd call "SciFi-esqueness" to them. They're guardians and scholars and they grow "raven-like" wings (which made people assume that they're fallen angels) to traverse an endless "hole" that they call home. In the sides of said home are millions of doors, leading to their private quarters, classes, other worlds etc.

Well, take this with a grain of salt.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

chiasmox wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:34 pm [...]
As far as I've gotten and from what my spirits told me, the GW aren't born from intercourse but are created in some sort of tube. They aren't necessarily born with gender or sexes, but choose themselves how to appear and what energy they want to encompass. There's a certain sense of what we'd call "SciFi-esqueness" to them. They're guardians and scholars and they grow "raven-like" wings (which made people assume that they're fallen angels) to traverse an endless "hole" that they call home. In the sides of said home are millions of doors, leading to their private quarters, classes, other worlds etc.

Well, take this with a grain of salt.
Very interesting to hear what they told you.

For me there's so much out there, in terms of spirits and their stories and origins that it can be a bit much for me to try and take it all in - but if I remember correctly it's recommended that we let our spirit companions share their stories about their past with us.

By the way, it's a forum rule that we should give references for quotes, eg an url for webpages.

"23. If you are quoting material from an online, or physically published, source you will need to cite where your information is derived. Your post will be removed if you do not quote your source as we do not condone plagiarism."

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =45&t=5027

find it again.
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

Ah yeah, thanks for reminding me, Lewk. Here's the source: http://www.archangels-and-angels.com/misc/grigori.html

Well, I mostly "keep" spirits because I want to learn about things outside the physical world, so this is an important part of my journey. That's why I am so eager to share things, I guess, haha.

Return to “Dark Arts”