neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hi. Im interested in a Black Arts / Dark Arts companion for added mental, spiritual, and physical protection. Im a novice/ beginner. What do you suggest?

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

First off; stay away from black arts! Black arts and dark arts are not the same thing, the two terms are NOT interchangeable.

Dark arts means capable of making a choice between right and wrong, usually chooses good but is capable of choosing ill. ALL humans, as creatures of un-skewed free will are dark arts.

Black arts; chooses to cause malice/do ill pretty much all the time, will toy with you, will in the end game probably cause you ruin.

Dark arts companions for beginners IMO:

Gargoyles

Pipe fox (can be white arts or dark arts depending on what kind of person they were companion to in life)

Hound of Annwn, they are the dark arts cousins of the white arts cwn annwn, their energy is not drastically different from cwn annwn and in my opinion with proper respect and care they can make good companions for a beginner.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I think I just answered you on the other post to about how to get connected to God ect.🤔. In my view, never touch black art. I was given a black dragon for protection. But also white art angels like Courtwind Angel are perfectly capable of protectibg you against nasties. Volkh, Fylgia are excellent white arts protection. Throne, commander white art angel also able to protecting you with his about usually have 500 angels under his hand.

s_coy2007 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:02 pm Hi. Im interested in a Black Arts / Dark Arts companion for added mental, spiritual, and physical protection. Im a novice/ beginner. What do you suggest?

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

s_coy2007 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:02 pm Hi. Im interested in a Black Arts / Dark Arts companion for added mental, spiritual, and physical protection. Im a novice/ beginner. What do you suggest?
Hi

ShiningShadow is right about the Arts. These are crucially important distinctions.

see https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ight=black and
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ight=black and this is the best one

'Should People Keep Black Arts Spirits?'
viewtopic.php?f=245&t=20345

Basically it's a matter of self preservation, at the very least. Black Arts don't care whether their keeper is messed up by them.

Psy Vampires are recommended by CH as a good Dark Arts spirit for new keepers, as well as Gargoyles (who are protection spirits). You can ask CH what they recommend for your needs: support@creepyhollows.com

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... hlight=Psy

Have you seen the Penny Deal for new customers in the CH Shop?
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/Special- ... -Visitors/

When it comes to protection, it's recommended to aim for broad coverage, rather than put all your eggs in one basket. Different protection spirits have different strengths and weaknesses, so having maybe 3 different types will give better overlapping coverage than just one. And an army is better than a lone bodyguard. It's the same thing with spell bindings. To meet those needs you mention in your post, may take more than one type of spirit, as no one spirit can do everything - if that makes sense.

However, once you've decided what type of spirit you want, you can put details of what your needs are in the order notes. I understand CH will usually try to see if the spirit that comes forward can meet those needs (within reason).

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

From my own experience (although I am not new to interaction with spirits, but still a "fledgling" at Spirit Keeping) it's the best idea to start with something White Art or at least Grey Art and then let your companion(s) recommend you a Dark Art spirit or entitiy. This way they can complement each other's abilities and offset their weaknesses. There are a lot of White Art spirits the Bible would call demons, because the way this definition was connotated and had changed throughout the years. For example gryphons. They are in the CH encyclopedia listed as WA, but Bible definions consider them being demon types. So if you think you're not drawn to WA you might get surprised a lot. (and by the way gryphons can be very fierce protectors and wise advisers)

Another think I'd like to add: If you want a good recommendation, it would help if you shared your interests and practices. Otherwise you might get a lot of good suggestions, but they might tend to keep to several realms instead of covering them all.
For example: Are you familiar with astral travel and magic practices and need some extra protection there? Or will a spirit of the earthen realm be enough?

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤

Return to “Dark Arts”