"Background noise" in mediation

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

Let me know if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

I notice that aside from my own busy primary mind (that says things like "I need to scratch my nose, I wonder what's for dinner" and throws up scenes from my life) there's also something I'll call background chatter. It doesn't feel like anything anyone is trying to communicate with me, it's just like a TV blaring in the background with no connection to my life. In fact, when I can make out what's going on it seems totally random. For example, I caught the words "donkey experiment" out of the chatter. What? ;*D

My best guess is that I've tuned into my dreaming mind while being awake. If I'm tuning into the subconscious then maybe I've gone down too far and that's why it's hard to hear the spirits. Any thoughts?

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

For me I discovered, that I sometimes pick up thoughts of people nearby. I remember me and someone else trying to concentrate on some energies and the we both picked up: "I'm getting a pony!" from a girl in the neighbourhood. :p) It can be really irritating.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

"I'm getting a pony!" Lol

Nobody was nearby at the time, but I'd consider that a distant possibility.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

cairngorn wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:33 pm Let me know if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

I notice that aside from my own busy primary mind (that says things like "I need to scratch my nose, I wonder what's for dinner" and throws up scenes from my life) there's also something I'll call background chatter. It doesn't feel like anything anyone is trying to communicate with me, it's just like a TV blaring in the background with no connection to my life. In fact, when I can make out what's going on it seems totally random. For example, I caught the words "donkey experiment" out of the chatter. What? ;*D

My best guess is that I've tuned into my dreaming mind while being awake. If I'm tuning into the subconscious then maybe I've gone down too far and that's why it's hard to hear the spirits. Any thoughts?
It's something I have thought about.

In trying to frame what I think can be going on, I find it easiest to turn to the landmark 20th century occult hermeticist Franz Bardon's theory about what he called the mental plane.

He said that all thoughts arise first in the mental plane, then we have them. A core feature of the initiated system he taught was thought control, by which we can essentially block all of that input. Other people talk about the psychic background. All around us are psychic impressions that include other people's mental and energetic resonances; things that relate to the energies of the time; psychic impressions of present or future events etc etc.

Add to that, for spirit keepers, the possibility that our spirits may be highly tuned into a lot of it and may at times be sharing some of it with us and adding their own nudges and messages. And /or we ourselves are tuned in.

Then, on top of all of that, there's our own subliminal and subconscious processing of everything that's happening to us, has happened or might happen to us.

I'm not sure that really explains very clearly.

But I think it's as much about what happens in the psychic background and the mental plane as what happens in our subconscious.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:05 am In trying to frame what I think can be going on, I find it easiest to turn to the landmark 20th century occult hermeticist Franz Bardon's theory about what he called the mental plane.

He said that all thoughts arise first in the mental plane, then we have them. A core feature of the initiated system he taught was thought control, by which we can essentially block all of that input. Other people talk about the psychic background. All around us are psychic impressions that include other people's mental and energetic resonances; things that relate to the energies of the time; psychic impressions of present or future events etc etc.
That's also a base of the "Vatan" the Nordic Path (there are some parallels to hermetics) we're all connected through energy. Thoughts are energy. The initial spark can be something not only one person recieves but several people.
In the Zero Escape game series it's refered to as the morphic field or the morphogenetic field, researched by the British biologist Rupert Sheldrake. The games explain quite interesting how it should work, although Sheldrake never managed to completely prove his theory. But we should never forget what we now know through science was seen as magic a few hundred years ago.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

Then, on top of all of that, there's our own subliminal and subconscious processing of everything that's happening to us, has happened or might happen to us.

I'm not sure that really explains very clearly.

But I think it's as much about what happens in the psychic background and the mental plane as what happens in our subconscious.

You explained that perfectly well Lewk. One explanation for schizophrenia is that sufferers may have (for various reasons) difficulty ignoring or turning off that noise. Maybe I should be careful, hm. I'll look into this thought control.

I think in many buddist sorts of meditation the goal is generally to ignore/ rise above the chatter but if I'm trying to tune into spirits maybe I'm tuning into more of the Everything All the Time channel. So to speak.
That's also a base of the "Vatan" the Nordic Path (there are some parallels to hermetics) we're all connected through energy. Thoughts are energy. The initial spark can be something not only one person recieves but several people.
Not familiar with the Vatan, though I've heard of that idea. Thanks.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor

While meditating with an angel last night, I lost focus and then was startled back by the image of a girl repeating: "They don't eat SHRIMP!"

Sometimes I do get good visuals with spirits, but if I try tuning into the auditory more often than not right now it's nonsense.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hmmm...that does sound surreal...but typical mental noise I think. The same kind of things might be heard during a fever or when sleep deprived.

Ideas off the top of my head (based on meditation tips and tricks I know of):

This suggestion may be easier said than done, but...if you're well protected...how about trying something like tuning into that auditory station and listening in for a while. Then consciously shift frequencies and see if you can change station. In a version of Tibetan meditation I've learned, the idea is to go into the thought, notice its sound and image and by experiencing it, find the emptiness within and around it. It opens up and dissipates. This may not do the trick of course.

Or ask your spirit(s) to bring their influence into what you're hearing, so you can hear them - even if it's just a little bit.

Or...maybe you can feel what they're communicating better than you can hear it? That may not make sense. Or does it? Sometimes I think what I hear from a spirit has been translated by my system from an energy that has been sent my way.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Meditation”