Be careful what you wish for...

starseed1111
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

My most recent spirit companion is a star faery. From what Creepy Hollows states, star faeries know your heart and what you wish for. I believe she may have helped with one wish; recently I got to see a band play live, and I had wanted to see them for years.

However, I am not sure that all of my wishes are ok. Case in point: a number of years ago, during my Internet browsing, I came across a case of a child who was in an accident and is now in a permanent coma, with a very small awareness of their surroundings. For some reason, this has affected me deeply. The other day, I was thinking of this case, as well as end-of-life decisions, and I found myself wishing for something that is not my decision to want for anyone.Β  I think you know what I mean. Anyway, I tried to take the wish back immediately, but I am scared that I might have done something wrong.

jdhthegr8
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

No white arts spirit would willingly do something that they know risks your well being. It *is* a good idea to draw some boundaries with wish granters about what constitutes a conscious wish. My Cleo Djinn, for example, has been instructed to generally only fulfill a wish that is accompanied by ritual. But even she has refused to fulfill wishes that she felt were not in my interest. There is no need to worry

starseed1111
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thanks so much for the response. I have a lot to learn about wishing, like, how exactly do you do it? And is it ok to wish something for another person and not just yourself? And, what is an appropriate wish? Sometimes I get angry at people and I don't wish them well. I guess WA spirits would not have anything bad happen to another person.

jdhthegr8
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

A WA spirit would never willingly do something to harm *any* person, even if their keeper consciously wished it. They are very safe for this reason. DA spirits are more willing to indulge in shady behavior that benefits their keeper, but have their own limits as well. As an example, I had to deal for some time with a loud mutt that was barking endlessly in the early mornings because the lady who owned it let it roam free with no supervision nor training on how to deal with humans. People in the area were at their wits end about it and animal control had been called multiple times, but it always came back shortly after, yapping and ankle-biting away.

I instructed my Cleopatra Djinn to give the owner a scare that would keep her from leaving the dog out in the future. I am pretty sure I instructed that through dreams would be preferable, as it had already been established that she was capable of that and had in fact caused one or two disturbing dreams involving animals in me in the past. I don't know the circumstances, but I've not seen that dog out since, and it's been almost 2 months. By my understanding, CH does not do bindings of any spirit or entity that would choose to kill a human for any reason even among their darkest of DA.

Wishing can vary based on your spirit. Some prefer to have a ritual to it (which can be something established or something you agree to at home), while others will literally grant random thoughts if that is something you expressed a desire to them for. It can vary heavily, and that is why it is good not only to set house rules but form "routines" with your spirit family. For a first-time keeper it will likely take a bit of time just to focus on connection and basic manifestation, but once you have more clear communication you will be talking with your Faery more often than us about what is best for the home practice! I will also add that wishing on behalf of another person can often be even more effective than wishing solely for yourself, because the spirit will often appreciate your behavior in showing goodwill to others. It is perfectly valid to wish solely for yourself too, just don't expect that every single one will be fulfilled every single time. And even granted wishes will rarely happen in the way you might expect them to, but this is by no means a bad thing!

Best of luck with your journey, feel free to ask more here as you like!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

starseed1111 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:03 pm My most recent spirit companion is a star faery. From what Creepy Hollows states, star faeries know your heart and what you wish for. [...]

However, I am not sure that all of my wishes are ok.
In case this is useful, I think there's a difference between

a) you the keeper explicitly making a wish granting request to a wish granting spirit; and

b) the kind of thing some spirits can do themselves, when they can tell what their keeper most desires or needs in life (ie 'wishes' for) and they try to materialise those things in their keeper's life.

Apart from Star Faeries, Maswahee Living Entities are just one example of this kind of being with that ability.

One version of ASH's house rules I've seen includes this rule:

"Act only on my directions, not my passing thoughts and emotions." (I don't have this bookmarked.)

You might want to consider letting your wish granting spirits know that your passing thoughts and emotions do not count as directions on what wishes to grant. This may take away one source of uncertainty/anxiety/worry.

And, as was said above in this thread, you can get into the habit of making wishes carefully, consciously and 'ritually' - in the sense that you think about it carefully, be sure of what you want to ask, write it down, check you have the wording right, then call your wish granting spirit and respectfully make the wish.

In terms of realism etc, just like tasking spirits, I think it's a good idea to set a realistic timescale for the wish to be granted, then almost forget about it and give the spirit and wish time to work.

But you can keep a written record for future reference. It can be interesting to look back at old wishes and see how things went, with the benefit of hindsight.

See also https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... light=wish

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Slaps98
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Lanery
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:16 pm "Act only on my directions, not my passing thoughts and emotions." (I don't have this bookmarked.)
Yes this is rule number seven I have the poster in my room πŸ’―.

I feel like you have to directly say to them you wish for something or something to happen otherwise its classed as passing thought.

Here's an example:
(insert spirit name here) I would like you to help me make money.

Or:
I would like to make some money.

One was directed and the other was a thought.

Hope this helps πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ

Friend to all; Angel in disguise.
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

Those are good tips for making wishes and I would like to add mine.

For wish granting, I made a rule that my wish has to be spoken out loud and begin with "I wish". That helps sort out what was a passing thought for a wish and what I really meant was to be a wish.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
starseed1111
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I have bookmarked this page.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I don't think it's easy to make a big wish. I have been actively wishing on and on like winning a big lotto price weekly πŸ˜‚πŸ₯‡ and nothing has happened. On the other hand, little " I wish that...would be good " types keep manifesting. Those are that I have not even verbally said out loud, only crossed my mind things.

I am thought that wishing is conscious kind of deliberate act from the will. I am curious what's happens after my wish making master services πŸ€”.

400✨AsterπŸ’«Jupiter

Return to β€œFaery”