You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: LillithEve
Zodiac:

I found this article in the news of a real life Fairy tree. How cool is that!

https://www.pilotonline.com/life/vp-nk- ... utType=amp

This fae keeper has tasked her Fairy to live in the tree and give hope to all who visit/write during the pandemic. It has made history as part of the Covid story.

I plan on asking members of my Keep if they want to join in as well.

0:) >:) ||.||
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Selah wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:16 am I found this article in the news of a real life Fairy tree. How cool is that!

This fae keeper has tasked her Fairy to live in the tree and give hope to all who visit/write during the pandemic. It has made history as part of the Covid story.

Unfortunately that website is unavailable in my country (it tells me).

Will the task allow your conjured and bound companions to still spend time with you too? As, after all, their keeper is their main focus.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Neter
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: LillithEve
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:14 am
Selah wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:16 am I found this article in the news of a real life Fairy tree. How cool is that!

Unfortunately that website is unavailable in my country (it tells me).

Will the task allow your conjured and bound companions to still spend time with you too? As, after all, their keeper is their main focus.
Part of my House Rules is that my Spirits are free to come and go as they please but they are required to listen for my (rare) call for them.

Every Keep is different and the Keeper being the main focus is at the discretion of the Spirit and the Keeper. There is no one true way.

0:) >:) ||.||
Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
Zodiac:

For those who can’t access the site:

In summer 2020, children’s author Lisa Suhey invited fairies to a crape myrtle tree outside her home where people can drop off letters that different fairies will answer. A year later, the fairies have received more than 3,000 letters and the tree has been added to the Library of Congress’ Historic American Landmark Survey. ODU also is adding scans of letters and the story of the tree to its COVID-19 archive project. Courtesy of Lisa Suhey
NORFOLK — Last summer, at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, Lisa Suhay invited a royal fairy to move into a pink crepe myrtle tree outside her home.
She told a few children in her Larchmont neighborhood that Fairy Queen Lysandra, a red-haired creature with gold and green wings, would love to receive and answer their letters. That’s how the Fairy Tree was born.

A year later, many more fairies now live in the Fairy Tree Village, and they have responded to nearly 3,000 letters delivered, mailed or emailed from kids and adults worldwide. People have shared COVID-related challenges and universal life struggles — divorce, bullying, pet loss and much more — and gotten words of encouragement and advice in return.
The tree also has gained recognition as a piece of living history by the Library of Congress, which will include it in its Historic American Landscapes Survey, and Old Dominion University Libraries, which plans to add scanned letters to a COVID-19 archive.

“This has been a place where hope is restored on a daily basis,” says Suhay, a journalist, children’s book author and mother of five. “I don’t think it will ever stop. Once you’ve opened the door to magic, you don’t try to close it.”
The tree at the corner of Longwood Road and Woodbury Avenue is surrounded by colorful tiny houses and figurines, with two mailboxes for letter drop-offs and pickups. Norfolk officials have issued a permit to allow the village to grow around the city-owned tree.
Neighbors, friends and strangers have donated pens, paper, envelopes and money; one man built a wooden table and bench for writing sessions.
Between 20 and 50 letters have arrived daily, Suhay reports. She has met both regular visitors and vacationers who pull up even in rain and snow. Some people choose to write to a particular fairy, each with a distinct character, voice, area of expertise, handwriting and envelope color.

At times, the fairies work with local librarians, mental health counselors and business owners to help people with everything from book recommendations to community resources for financial, emotional and social problems.
The Fairy Godmother sent one girl a pack of clear face masks for her 5-year-old brother, who is hearing impaired and couldn’t read lips behind regular masks. Another girl got a charm necklace to wear whenever she felt anxious about online schoolwork.

Lots of Christmas wishes came true, including a fishing trip organized by Bass Pro Shops for a struggling single mom and her daughter. So have requested Tooth Fairy visits.
The project will be a unique resource for researchers and historians in the future, predicts LaraAnn Canner, a curator with ODU Libraries. ODU is archiving stories of highs, lows and daily life amidst the pandemic.
“The voices of children often are not well-documented in difficult eras,” Canner says. “It may not feel this way, but we are living history. Years from now, historians will want to understand how we felt, from our fears to our blessings.”
Maureen Howard of Virginia Beach heard about the tree at work and brought her 5-year-old son, Junior, who is on the autism spectrum and had been mostly non-verbal. Junior decided to be a pen pal with a fairy named Jinx, who sent back a letter the next day.
“It has changed this child,” Howard says. “He just fell in love with all of it, and somehow, he started interacting more with everyone. We go there at least once a week, and every single time, I cry.”
Howard and her two older children, Aire, 16, and Jamarkus, 10, also have sent letters. Howard’s note about feeling guilty that she spent too much parenting energy on Junior led to a breakthrough conversation with Aire.

“It sounds crazy, but that tree has brought our entire family closer,” she says. “We all have things on our minds, and just to get some encouraging words is a blessing.”

Whitney Davidson of Norfolk, a Navy mom who lives near Suhay, has a bowl filled with 50-plus letters that fairies have sent her daughter Teagan, 2, since last summer.
“Teagan has asked them questions like how she can make mom feel better when she’s sad, or how she can be less nervous starting school,” Davidson says. “She draws pictures, too. It’s just always something for her to look forward to.”
Suhay is proud that an idea rooted in pandemic pain has turned into source of joy. She expects the tree will keep evolving as more fairies and decorations arrive; one wish is to add a huge castle where children could play.
“It’s about celebrating life and supporting each other,” she says. “That’s always magical.”
Last edited by Dezire on Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Full time Business analyst, part time Spirit Keeper & Dota freak. My goal is to swap these roles
Restarting my spirit keeping journey
Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
Zodiac:

Thanks Selah for the link. What an interesting read :)

Full time Business analyst, part time Spirit Keeper & Dota freak. My goal is to swap these roles
Restarting my spirit keeping journey
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

This is absolutely beautiful very inspiring and creative idea. I am glad that it was happened and children find new faith and courage and inspiration.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

It is indeed a very interesting and heartwarming phenomenon and feels to me like it carries fae vibes. It's intriguing that what was originally set up as a children's make believe kind of project may now be channeling actual fae energies/magic.

After reading the post above, I tried searching further and gather that the fairy tree project has been set up by a children's author, who amongst other things has written for the Christian Science Monitor. I understand Christian Science subscribes to a kind of Christian form of positive thinking. As far as I can tell, it's not a project by a pagan or someone who is in touch with faery spirits in that spiritual way.

To me it seems very much like those Santa Claus sites/services where you write to him and a human answers on Santa's behalf. Children getting those letters may well believe they're from Santa Claus, which is itself quite magical in one sense.

I don't know for sure if the author is a Christian Scientist herself. If she is, maybe the law of attraction effect (for want of a better term) got things going initially. And perhaps actual faery/fae energies and unbound spirits have subsequently been drawn to all of that?

I find these kind of phenomena fascinating.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
StarSoul_7
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Trigger my horse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fairy
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Star Soul
Zodiac:

How magical is this? Thanks for sharing. I coudln't pull the article up either.

Life is and will always be magical.
JaycubL
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

Lewk wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:55 am ... a children's author, who amongst other things has written for the Christian Science Monitor. ...
Important because she is LYING and by doing so she is telling those children that fairies are a lie like Santa clause.

It seems nice at a shallow look but I strongly suspect an effort like that would be to put an "im the good hero" face on covert christian propaganda, they have violently suppressed fairy interactions going back many generations.

Return to “Faery”