neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

I have astral projected many times but it was not intentional. I have been working on astral projection lately and asking my spirits for help but this last week the top of my head or crown chakra starts to hurt. I have tried to ignore it but it gets to strong I have to stop and get up. Is this normal?

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:14 pm I have astral projected many times but it was not intentional. I have been working on astral projection lately and asking my spirits for help but this last week the top of my head or crown chakra starts to hurt. I have tried to ignore it but it gets to strong I have to stop and get up. Is this normal?
I don't think discomfort in the area of the crown of the head is normal or inevitable with astral projection.

My own astral travelling (which involved the astral body leaving the physical one, although I've never used the word project to describe it) never involved any physical sensations.

Two things I'd suggest are:

1. Politely ask your spirits to discontinue any help they're giving that's related to this discomfort and/or to help minimise the symptom if they can.
2. Consider whether you need to get professional medical advice/help.

Do you think of astral projection as having anything to do with the crown chakra? If so, there may be a psychosomatic aspect. I know in some shamanic systems of soul retrieval the soul fragments are seen as coming home via the crown of the head for re-integration. And in some astral travel beliefs there's a silver cord that connects the astral body to the crown of the head.

Maybe you're psychosomatically straining to project, when it can be effortless and not a physical thing at all.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:47 pm
Amarantha wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:14 pm I have astral projected many times but it was not intentional. I have been working on astral projection lately and asking my spirits for help but this last week the top of my head or crown chakra starts to hurt. I have tried to ignore it but it gets to strong I have to stop and get up. Is this normal?
I don't think discomfort in the area of the crown of the head is normal or inevitable with astral projection.

My own astral travelling (which involved the astral body leaving the physical one, although I've never used the word project to describe it) never involved any physical sensations.

Two things I'd suggest are:

1. Politely ask your spirits to discontinue any help they're giving that's related to this discomfort and/or to help minimise the symptom if they can.
2. Consider whether you need to get professional medical advice/help.

Do you think of astral projection as having anything to do with the crown chakra? If so, there may be a psychosomatic aspect. I know in some shamanic systems of soul retrieval the soul fragments are seen as coming home via the crown of the head for re-integration. And in some astral travel beliefs there's a silver cord that connects the astral body to the crown of the head.

Maybe you're psychosomatically straining to project, when it can be effortless and not a physical thing at all.
No I have not thought of it as having anything to do with your crown chakra. One of the meditations I was doing was a guided meditation and tells you as you breath to bring all the energy from your body up to your head and then breath out the old or bad energy.. So later when my crown chakra started to kind of hurt I thought maybe there's to much energy going on up there lol. Then I tried binaural beats from youtube and the same thing happened like an hour into it. I was completely relaxed and not straining at all it just kind of came out of nowhere. It starts out as like a pulsating feeling then starts to get uncomfortable and then painful.
Thank you for sharing about some shamanic systems of soul retrieval. That is quite interesting!

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

When I first started companionship I had so much pressure on my crown chakra and it took me awhile to figure out that I was pulling in way too much energy and not grounding enough of it out. I had a pretty overburdened crown chakra struggling with the massive amounts of energy I was channeling and an underdeveloped root chakra not grounding as strong as it needed to to handle that amount of energy. What also helped was strengthing my energy channels, which is basically just constant energy work practice. So you might have just overwhelmed your crown chakra with too much new energy at once and you are sensitive to how that effects you. Ground and try carrying a root chakra stone, my favorite is hematite for this as it really draws out energy like a vacuum.

Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte

draco_star898 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:11 pm When I first started companionship I had so much pressure on my crown chakra and it took me awhile to figure out that I was pulling in way too much energy and not grounding enough of it out. I had a pretty overburdened crown chakra struggling with the massive amounts of energy I was channeling and an underdeveloped root chakra not grounding as strong as it needed to to handle that amount of energy. What also helped was strengthing my energy channels, which is basically just constant energy work practice. So you might have just overwhelmed your crown chakra with too much new energy at once and you are sensitive to how that effects you. Ground and try carrying a root chakra stone, my favorite is hematite for this as it really draws out energy like a vacuum.
I love hematite too!! I wear a ring everyday but maybe should wear my bracelet and carry the stone too lol. Hematite is so wonderful I even got it for my family members. I think I will take a break from the idea of astral projecting and keep working on my energy channels for now. That actually aligns with my first thought about the situation but then a small part of me was like "wait, am I supposed to push through the pain." I decided against pushing through the pain and would just get up and eat something and drink some water.
So I have another question as Lewk mentioned a silver cord and I've read other places about a silver cord. When I have left my body in the past.. I could see my body laying in my bed and roam around my home and see my son sleeping and every time I get to the front door and look out then I pop back into my body so I never really go anywhere. But I never remember seeing any type of cord at all. Were those experiences astral projecting? When I read others stories of going to all these places and building things and meeting up with others it makes me question what was it that I had experienced on several occasions.

Cayden29
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of Them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Merfolk
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Cayden
Zodiac:

I'm not that knowledgeable of chakra stuff, and not even completely w/ the energy work. I can say that, and I'm not sure if it happened to anyone else or if this is what you're describing: my frontal lobe/hemisphere of my brain gets sore. After going long periods of not using energy work, and then continuing back into it, it's like I have to re-stretch that muscle. It happens all the time for me, mostly when I'm trying to reach out and connect to the astral/life/magick (so many names) that's all around us. Today I didn't try to connect at all and I didn't feel any soreness. Like I said, I'm not sure if I'm even doing it right, I think I am, but I'm not doubting myself that it's a brain muscle. The brain is the most powerful thing on Earth. Literally. Not even super computers can match it (yet, wait for quantum).

You live in a world that has no place for someone like me. You see, sometimes I'm good. Oh, I'm very good. But sometimes I'm bad. But only as bad as I wanna be. Untamed and unafraid~

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”