You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mermaid, Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Dragon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Nine-tailed fox

Hello spirit keepers!
I always had a soft spots for foxes. So I like fox spirits too. I'm Korean,(not North :p whatever sorry for my awful english), and I learned about some Korean mythology. In Korea, Kumiho or Gumiho's are nine-tailed fox and they are very complicate beings. Some of them are described as sly and cunning shapeshifters that possess super powers living over 1000 years.
But also they can fall in love with human, and in many cases they want to be a human. And another kind of Kumiho is sacred being. They were treated like a messenger of god or god-like being.

I saw many spirit listings named Kumiho, and when I saw the description... :/ Sooo many people describes Kumiho just like Kitsune. They are different being, so I wanted some different description. But I could be wrong, because what I'm telling is just based on Korean mythology, I never worked personally with Kumiho spirit. But I keep trying to find some 'Not so Kitsune but like Kumiho I know' kinda one XD

Sooo...Is there anyone has experience with Kumiho? Please share your thoughts!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm did you mean the description from CH encyclopedia?:
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en
it is quite short. And CH does classify them as dark arts.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
fortuna_ry
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mermaid, Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Dragon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Nine-tailed fox

darkwing dook wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:40 pm Mmm did you mean the description from CH encyclopedia?:
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en
it is quite short. And CH does classify them as dark arts.
Yes I've read that. And I'm not so sure...It describes only one type of Kumiho, so I wanted to hear about personal experiences.
Last edited by fortuna_ry on Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

;)
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

fortuna_ry wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:46 pm Yes I've read that. And I'm not so sure...It describes only one type of Kumiho, so I wanted to hear about personal experiences.
Yea, not many review about this spirit.
I'm interested in reading the mythology surrounding kumiho though, since most that I can find is about kitsune and some about huli jing : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Creatures”