Assistance to identify an Entity.

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

Hello there,

I had a dream recently where a number of what felt strongly as Entities and not dream characters, made their appearance. One of which, though having made less of show on its appearance, I couldn't stop thinking about.
So, it was this large black dog, but it had these open gaping wounds that were significantly grotesque about its body, all in random spots. I recall watching from a distance at first, as someone threw it a bone and it very happily gnawed at it. Its tongue kind of just flapped out and remained lulled to one side, with large lacerations all over its surface. After the tongue fell out of the maw to one side, it just kind of stayed there, as if there was some amount of physical or nervous system malfunction. Despite its size, it had a bony appearance that hadn't quite portrayed a thin exterior, but one that was awfully sickly. As I approached, it looked up at me and I realized in better detail that it was quite old. There was a sizable patch of white along it's forehead and peppered throughout the rest of its very unhealthy looking fur. Nonetheless, it padded over towards me for an affectionate lick and its movement very much betrayed the appearance, in that it had good stamina and was in quite an exuberant mood.
The added thing to this encounter, that confused me most.. is that I felt at one point that it was a dog I had grown up with while living with my parents a long time back, whom passed in 2006. As soon as I looked at them and mentioned the name inquisitively, that is when they approached me and tried to lick my face while I gave them a hug.
What's weird, though.. is that she never looked like that when we had to put her down (she had late diagnosed bone cancer, and it caused one of her front legs to have the upper bones collapse in to the lower). And, the appearance of this dog looked very unwell. It shocked me to think that if it was her; she looked as though she had been rotting away in the spirit realm or something.

But, maybe that is not the case, and maybe there is far more to it than that.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what entity this could be or the possible situation at hand? I'm curious about this and admittedly a bit traumatized by what I had experienced. There were a lot of emotions, especially upon waking. It was a bit horrific, but also sweet and accepting. I'm not scared of what I saw, just looking for answers.

Thank you for your time!

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

That is a very interesting experience. I've never had past pets visit me in dreams but I've had humans.
Sorry I don't have any advice, just wanted to follow your post.
😉

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

It could be something having to do with your subconscious impressions of her when she passed, and something you need to heal personally in yourself that gave you the image of your dog as you saw it in the dream.

There's lots of personal (for you) symbology in your dream that is trying to tell you something that you're probably the only person who can accurately discern its meaning. Dreams themselves are highly symbolic, and usually carry messages in how our minds are processing things.

One of the important things to note with dreams is how you feel towards the experience when it happened, as that often tells you more about the situation than simply the imagery. Also to note, most symbology in dreams is rarely literal or something relating to the common view of what is happening.

Hope this helps. ^^

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

One thought I had while reading this is that you came across a soul that needed help passing through the veil, and that while the dog reminded you of your own dog, it might not have been directly related at all. This is only speculation on my part, however. Do you work with any spirits? Your little bio under you username says zero, but idk if that's just because you haven't filled it in yet. The reason I ask is because if it is a soul that needs help moving into the afterlife, you could pray to an archangel for assistance. Archangel Ariel could be a good option. If you feel very certain that the dream dog is your dog, try meditating and see if your pup will start showing up for you so you can form a strong connection with them :)

they/them

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte

Thank you all for your thoughts on the matter, as it all provides much to contemplate. :]

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
newspirit
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

That's a very interesting dream. I've had dreams about my old dog quite a few times, and she's usually a bit different from what she was in real life. In one dream she had rabies and glowing yellow eyes. Freaky. Maybe our pets do visit us in the afterlife, however they can. Even if they don't look the same. It's interesting to think about.

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”